Thirdwigg

[MOC] Thirdwigg Farm Machines (New John Deere Gator)

Very cute one :wub:

Perhaps you should make one topic like Thirdwiggs farm, equipment or something and ask admins to move all your MOCs in there. I know I'm not the right one to judge since I develop my 1:18 Fastrac so slowly that it could turned up to be Slowtrac :laugh:

15 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I like to have two planes of chassis frame going from the front to rear axles, and, ideally, have this frame support both the front and rear implement mount. The front implement mount supports, and locks the front axle to the chassis. This means all implement mass and force is transmitted directly to the frame and the front axle. Having a pendular axle would compromise this support.

I guess the likelihood of mounting an implement on the front of this tractor is low as the bucket it there most of the time. I guess it would not be hard to try a version with the suspension and no implement mount. Let me see what I can do. I think the bucket can still remain, but I'll remove the front fenders as those would be the part the interferes with the bucket arms. 

Okay, so the same problem as with my Backhoe in this configuration, that somehow good to hear :D

I used a turntable and an offset of 1/2 stud but also a axle width of just 7 instead of your 9 studs. But yours still look good, so maybe I use the 9 stud version.

@Thirdwigg here you go, five topics merged into this one, in order you asked. Hidden all of the non-moc chat.
Let me know if you need any more adjustments.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:12 AM, Milan said:

@Thirdwigg here you go, five topics merged into this one, in order you asked. Hidden all of the non-moc chat.
Let me know if you need any more adjustments.

Wonderful! Everything looks great! I'll add future projects here too.

Woohoo for decluttering the internet! 

Alright, LEGO 42136 inspired me to do a 4x4 tractor for the Thirdwigg Farm. It's pretty close to being finished as the hard technical problems have been solved. But I could use some inspiration for the final aesthetic parts like the Cab and the fuel tanks between the wheels. We'll see what else changes from now until the finish. Currently the John Deere Axron (I know, I am blatantly stealing from Claas) has:

• Four wheel steering
  • Four wheel drive
  • Rear PTO
  • Rear three point hitch (Atmos Standard)
  • Front attachment point (Atmos Standard)
  • Rear pneumatic PTO
  • Rotating Cab
  • 4 cylinder engine

800x600.jpeg

What do you think of the DBG tank?

800x600.jpeg

A studio file has been started, but I need to finalize the tanks on the side to finish up the Chassis. Then I'll work on the cab.

640x480.png

I'll need to come up with a trailer/implement for the tractor, so I welcome any suggestions.

Maybe someday I'll get off this tractor kick.....

Edited by Thirdwigg

I'm spontaneously thinking about "rounding" the windshield and front of the cabin by using either short soft axles or some shortended rigid hoses? But I don't know if this fits the JD design.

For the tanks maybe a bit of "beam" stacking with the 2 x 3 rounded parts?

Looks nice so far and functionality is king :thumbup:. Can we see it together with an Atmos in one picture perhaps? :classic:

On 6/6/2022 at 4:41 AM, johnnym said:

I'm spontaneously thinking about "rounding" the windshield and front of the cabin by using either short soft axles or some shortended rigid hoses? But I don't know if this fits the JD design.

For the tanks maybe a bit of "beam" stacking with the 2 x 3 rounded parts?

Looks nice so far and functionality is king :thumbup:. Can we see it together with an Atmos in one picture perhaps? :classic:

Thanks for the idea of the windshield and the beam stacking. I'll try some ideas. 

I'll post a picture of both tractors, and the little Deere Scout this weekend.

A little update. I think I have the side tanks that I like now. It should be pretty close to being done now.

800x600.png

Alright, another tractor for the Thirdwigg Farm: The John Deere Axron.

This is a blatant copy of the Claas Xerion, but I wanted to use some yellow wheels, and some of the newish green parts were on my list to use. The tractor is built in the same scale as the Atmos and the Scout, and features the same front and rear attachment points, so it cleanly integrates with all the trailers and implements.

52255212460_7324676240_b.jpg

The tractor features:

• Four wheel drive
  • Four wheel steering
  • I4 fake engine (kindof)
  • Rotating cab
  • Rear PTO
  • Rear pneumatic takeoff
  • Front attachment
  • Rear three point hitch
  • Opening door

Instructions are available for free at Rebrickable.com

52254736773_20c63c9af9_b.jpg

Here it is attached to the Hookloadr Trailer

52254717541_d3c780a870_c.jpg

The cab rotates, but I don't have an implement to take advantage of this function...yet.

52254736738_015e699448_c.jpg

52253751657_d8bcc74a41_b.jpg

And here are all the tractors together. Each tractor and implement can be found for free at Rebrickable.com

Finally a video of the Axron.

Enjoy!

Nice addition and cool functionality! It could use a little weight on the front axle when driving backwards (like the mini Claas but not so extreme, I have a similar issue with some of my RC cars), right? The other additional stuff is also fascinating to watch. :sweet:

31 minutes ago, johnnym said:

Nice addition and cool functionality! It could use a little weight on the front axle when driving backwards (like the mini Claas but not so extreme, I have a similar issue with some of my RC cars), right? The other additional stuff is also fascinating to watch. :sweet:

Thanks! Yeah a little more weight on the front axle would be great. I need to come up with a good implement for the front.

27 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Interesting hybrid...

Hybrid? What do you mean?

Overall look is great on this on, too!

And the pneumatic pump gives enough possibilities without a PTO. That's what I'd really wish for as a medium sized official Lego technic tractor :-) 

Nice, I just realized that it has Four wheel drive! Cool tractor packed with features, need to expand my collection further to build this one!

4 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Hybrid? What do you mean?

Deere colors, Xerion functionality 

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Overall look is great on this on, too!

And the pneumatic pump gives enough possibilities without a PTO. That's what I'd really wish for as a medium sized official Lego technic tractor :-) 

Thanks, yeah, the pump is a fun addition, particularly for the trailers. I have not found it too helpful for implements yet though. 

3 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Nice, I just realized that it has Four wheel drive! Cool tractor packed with features, need to expand my collection further to build this one!

Thanks again, and let me know if you get a chance to build it. If green is tricky, black is a an easy solution

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

Deere colors, Xerion functionality 

I understand, thanks. Yep, that was the idea. Glad you like it. 

3 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks, yeah, the pump is a fun addition, particularly for the trailers. I have not found it too helpful for implements yet though.  

A simulated splitting device just came to my mind. E.g. you could use a pneumatic cylinder as the splitter cylinder (don't know how it is really called :blush:). Though I think they're more common for smaller tractors and usually driven by a PTO.

15 hours ago, johnnym said:

A simulated splitting device just came to my mind. E.g. you could use a pneumatic cylinder as the splitter cylinder (don't know how it is really called :blush:). Though I think they're more common for smaller tractors and usually driven by a PTO.

Interesting idea. What would I use the splitter for? Running a pump to the front and rear of the tractor?

7 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Interesting idea. What would I use the splitter for? Running a pump to the front and rear of the tractor?

No, splitting tree parts. I spoke about something like this (aha, it's called log splitter, I just learned):

HTB1bXkQa.WF3KVjSZPhq6xclXXa8.jpg

15 hours ago, johnnym said:

No, splitting tree parts. I spoke about something like this (aha, it's called log splitter, I just learned):

Got it. Yeah, that's a great idea. I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, I have posted free instructions for the Tandem Disc Harrow to go with the Axron tractor. Enjoy.

The harrow features a pneumatic lifting, and manual disc extension. 

52257378836_ae23b8cb8d_b.jpg

52257870235_9f0f77e73a_b.jpg

Tandem Disc Harrow could be ideal in combination with my Fastrac, only to make it in 1:15 scale (after I finish 4220 reconstruction)

2 hours ago, 1gor said:

Tandem Disc Harrow could be ideal in combination with my Fastrac, only to make it in 1:15 scale (after I finish 4220 reconstruction)

Just make sure you have all those 3x3 discs. See if you can borrow them, as I'm not sure what I going to do with all of mine now. :classic:

58 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Just make sure you have all those 3x3 discs. See if you can borrow them, as I'm not sure what I going to do with all of mine now. :classic:

:roflmao: 

I was thinking more about dishes (6 stud in diameter), but certainly I don't have enough of them in my inventory...I have same problem with balloon tires...I don't know what to do with them; I have 12 powerpuller tires *huh*

2 hours ago, 1gor said:

:roflmao: 

I was thinking more about dishes (6 stud in diameter), but certainly I don't have enough of them in my inventory...I have same problem with balloon tires...I don't know what to do with them; I have 12 powerpuller tires *huh*

You should see the sheer mound of 56x26 tyres I have hanging about.

As staffing continues to grow to manage all the tractors on the Thirdwigg Farm, management has decided it might be time to manage some of the grounds were the workers and their families play. Thus, a little mower was purchased to maintain fields, playgrounds, and green spaces.

52496177352_b64db47535_b.jpg

The Zero Turn Mower features a little engine and rotating mower blade.

52497136235_0752ca2daf_b.jpg

As with all of the Thirdwigg Farm tractors, trailer, implements, and machines, find free instructions may be found at Rebrickable.com.

Next up...

A vintage Tractor!