Bart

Barque Narwal II (sistership)

After many moons had passed, Rodsh finally found calm water in the sea of storms.  
Stuborn as he is, he did not give up on his ship. He was determent to raise the Narwal from the seabed.
Luckily she sunk in shallow waters, and it was easy to locate, with his black ensing still flying proud.

They worked to add extra bouyency to the sloops and a native catamaran, and connected chains to the hull of the Narwal.
Now was the plan that as the high tide came, it would lift the Narwal from the seabed, then they would tow it to shallower water, and at low tide shorten up the chains.
Untill they got her out of the water.

The divers reported that the figure head had somehow changed, and a lot of the colours of the hull had weirdly faded.
Rodsh didn't care, he wanted his ship back and go out and do some honest hunting. 

A local tribe used some weird craft to woosh them over the surface of the water. Rodsh thought that their sail looked like the wing of a bat, but the natives insisted they worshipped a flying god, that was now sleeping below the waters.

49669979348_9f637b0267.jpgBarque Narwal II 1 by Bart, on Flickr

49670524406_78da63729a.jpgBarque Narwal II -2 by Bart, on Flickr

49669979308_5f5ac80712.jpgBarque Narwal II-3 by Bart, on Flickr

49670812762_87466ab922.jpgBarque Narwal II-4 by Bart, on Flickr

49669979258_0742f443a1.jpgBarque Narwal II-5 by Bart, on Flickr

49670524286_f60fd00cf6.jpgBarque Narwal II-6 by Bart, on Flickr

Enjoy!

I like to apologize for not using a render, but I don't get bluerender to work on my new computer. 
And due to some virus, my work schedule is madness, and I wanted to share this build with you before I head out to sea.

Greetings Bart

This is an awesome build and the most amazing sister shipping build to date! The whole salvage process is great, but unfortunately, it is very hard to make out, because the pictures are so small, which is such a shame! The story is very cool too, but again, it would be easier to follow, if the pictures were bigger.

Good luck with the resurrected Narwal (II)!

@LM71Blackbird Thank you

@Bregir Thanks too, I was actually thinking it might not be enough for a sistership as I didn't change to much on the actual ship. 
And you are right about the pictures. I made some close ups:

49673427517_72913d5848_c.jpgBarque Narwal II 2.1 by Bart, on Flickr

49672604413_80dbe633eb_c.jpgBarque Narwal II 2.2 by Bart, on Flickr

49673146406_fd882fb87d_c.jpgBarque Narwal II 2.3 by Bart, on Flickr

49673146301_b363bf440a_c.jpgBarque Narwal II 2.4 by Bart, on Flickr

49672604228_0293667de1_c.jpgBarque Narwal II 2.5 by Bart, on Flickr

Bart

PS Does someone know how to make bluerender work on windows-10?

Wonderful build Bart, by sure it required far more effort than simply modifying a little the original Narwal! I also love the idea of a slightly rotting ship brought back afloat, especially with the "modified" figurehead. Nice job!

18 hours ago, Bart said:

Does someone know how to make bluerender work on windows-10?

Mine works just fine for me ... Close LDD then open bluerender ... Once open you can reopen LDD

The build turned out awesome!

If you can get some good quality renders I would love to front page this!

this build! Just amazing work Bart I love the concept. everything about is is flawless. Best sistership to date as said before!

Nice work with the seabed, I like how you've depicted the salvage process, not only with words, but also with bricks. :thumbup:

On 3/19/2020 at 10:45 AM, Keymonus said:

Wonderful build Bart, by sure it required far more effort than simply modifying a little the original Narwal! I also love the idea of a slightly rotting ship brought back afloat, especially with the "modified" figurehead. Nice job!

Well it's quit easy to change colours in LDD, and I always feel that because I use LDD (mostly) I've to take the extra step to make up for it, (but that is my personal feeling). And thank you.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Mine works just fine for me ... Close LDD then open bluerender ... Once open you can reopen LDD

The build turned out awesome!

If you can get some good quality renders I would love to front page this!

I don't know what I do wrong, it just refuses to run the program.
I'm happy everyone likes it.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:28 PM, Fraunces said:

this build! Just amazing work Bart I love the concept. everything about is is flawless. Best sistership to date as said before!

Thank you Fraunces. I'm sure there are other wonderfull sisterships out there too! 

11 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice work with the seabed, I like how you've depicted the salvage process, not only with words, but also with bricks. :thumbup:

Thanks, the brick came first, the story after, although I had the idea already in my mind about how to salvage.

Amazing stuff! I love all these small details!

Try Stud.io rendering. I believe you will be more than satisfied.

4 hours ago, Bart said:

stud.io works together with LDD? I thought it was a stand alone thing?

It is a standalone however, you can import models across programs.

This must be indeed one of the most amazing sistership builds to date! This would look nuts in real bricks! Congratz mate!