Here's a little but capable 6x6 truck. It was made to compete in small scale truck trial.

Propulsion: L motor
Steering: M motor
Power: BuWizz 2.0

Edited by apachaihapachai

On 3/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, Thirdwigg said:

This is a neat little build. Are you able to show some pictures of the driveline?

Would you like me to try to reverse-engineer it?

3 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Would you like me to try to reverse-engineer it?

Only if you would like. I am interested in the solutions used, but I do not need to build it. It’s always interesting to me to see how others solve driveline problems in a small scale. Thanks for the offer.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:23 AM, Thirdwigg said:

It’s always interesting to me to see how others solve driveline problems in a small scale.

Here is a general idea of the front axle. Not the most robust design but good enough for a ~400g model

zRhXIm1yL7g.jpg

3 hours ago, apachaihapachai said:

Here is a general idea of the front axle. Not the most robust design but good enough for a ~400g model

zRhXIm1yL7g.jpg

I would do it something like this but I suppose someone has already did the same.

e46noep.jpg?1

@jorgeopesi and @apachaihapachai: I think a combination of both would be even better, i.e. (1) the linear actuator base together with (2) the one piece steering arms. 1. can be fixed more securely and 2. can't tear itself apart easily. But the gear rack would be one stud closer to the axle then.

@apachaihapachai: Very nice and small truck btw, and so capable. :classic: Say, do you still remember how you kept the rear axle halves together? I see two liftarms on each side attached to the chassis in their middle position and gears in between, but no connectors between the liftarms. Did you use the axles from the wheels and gears to hold it together?

Great build. Especially shape of the cabin. I did very similar truck and I after this creation I realized that this scale, with those wheels is both easy to create capable vechicle and it gives a lot of challanges.

25 minutes ago, johnnym said:

:classic: Say, do you still remember how you kept the rear axle halves together?

Nothing extraordinary. Axles with endstops and half bushings.

BvhHKpK-ay8.jpg

54 minutes ago, johnnym said:

@jorgeopesi and @apachaihapachai: I think a combination of both would be even better, i.e. (1) the linear actuator base together with (2) the one piece steering arms. 1. can be fixed more securely and 2. can't tear itself apart easily. But the gear rack would be one stud closer to the axle then.

@apachaihapachai: Very nice and small truck btw, and so capable. :classic: Say, do you still remember how you kept the rear axle halves together? I see two liftarms on each side attached to the chassis in their middle position and gears in between, but no connectors between the liftarms. Did you use the axles from the wheels and gears to hold it together?

My solution could be improved by adding the actuator piece and putting an axle to one of the pairs of triangles to operate the steering so you eliminate the gear rack.

Edited by jorgeopesi