Sign in to follow this  
sirslayer

Lego Technic RC mini pickup trucks (WIP)

Here are my series of the mini pickup trucks..  in 42093 Corvette scale , I bring in a bad megablocks Lego RC truck with performance and suspension .. MOC and Wip. Instructions is coming soon 

Ill fill out more information, later...   

First Responder

49665277233_e16769137f_k.jpgLego technic mini trucks by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Trail truck 

49666103027_c282465909_k.jpgLego technic mini trucks by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Ambulance  with gurney 

49653679906_54c07767e5_k.jpgLego technic ambulance by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49661386497_95ece1b0a2_k.jpgLego technic First Responder by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Edited by sirslayer

The bodywork is great. The folding bed is a very nice plus at this scale. I would suggest you to gear down if you stick on official control so you have more control to climb obstacles.

I don't find the motor placement very beautiful. Also, the steering is strange because the wheel go forward and backward. Maybe you should have a better climb with bigger wheels 

Thank you @LegoTT The open differential design is important.. The gearing is at .51 ratio so its almost 2 times geared down and i believe its perfect.  the open differential is the cause of the slippage but I do want that to happen.. why? well the center diff gave the model the ability to stop when the model for example was heading towards to you and it hits your foot..  its a fail safe system for safety , you can climb any obstacle with the open diff design if you approach the object at a certain angle..  on my video, the items that it was trying to climb was on glass and it cause the objects to slip out to make the climb a bit more challenging'..  if you locked the diff.. then it would climb anything but then it would not be as fun because it would be to easy..   The steering is very quick which cause to over steer but it is design originally to be a high speed model  and have a quick turning steering was required..  im designing this model to be used as a display and modded for different styles of trucks or to be RC controlled with easy to add motor mounts and yes , you can fit bigger tires , up yo 81mm so far .. i dont think you can fit any bigger , unless you stretched out the unibody...its a unibody design and the element 5x7 , 5x11 frames  are for decorative and side walls support so stretching would required a redesign .   ill try to make a few adjustments to the steering if I can fit it into its tiny space..  .. here is a few more updated pictures.. 

49671059293_ee4d55dc3e_k.jpgtruckbody_6 by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49670993078_02a1f6c514_k.jpggurney by victormendoza_jr, on Flic

49665822001_a3ff4f0dc1_k.jpgLego technic mini trucks by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Edited by sirslayer

Rc version of this small scale15 wide truck with a single Monster motor and front independent suspension on 56mm tire  ...   good performance with Lego stock battery case