Sign in to follow this  
Harkonen

Lego Minecraft 2020 Rumors & Discussion

Hi, I saw that there is no Lego Minecraft 2020 discussion so I decided to make this thread. I hope the theme continues, maybe we will even get Minecraft:Dungeons sets. 

Edited by Harkonen

I saw that one of the summer sets is called Redstone battle. I wonder if the set includes a redstone monstrosity from the new Minecraft Dungeons game. Just speculation! 

Wasn‘t there a vague description in one of the toy fair reports? I forgot what it said though :snicker: I‘m more excited for the Building Box 3.0 anyway, the last one had lots of cool elements and I‘m sure this one will too

Pictures of both sets have surfaced on IG :laugh: The Red Stone Battle is based on Minecraft Dungeons and looks great :thumbup: The Crafting Box 3.0 is a bit weak, especially when compared to its precursors. I mean, not even a single exclusive mob pr item? Lame :hmpf_bad:

Uh . . WHAT THE HELL?!

Now that my initial reaction is out of the way, Crafting Box 3.0, boring, nothing new, hard pass. But holy shit that . . Redstone Monstrosity? Four new player characters, some kind of Minecraft weapons accessory pack, and Redstone Golems of some kind what the hell is this?

I . . I don’t know if I’m going to get this or not. It’s cool but not really something that fits in my existing Minecraft setup . . it’s so different to literally everything LEGO Minecraft’s done before. 

It saddens me that some of the most unique lego weapons we've had so far are all Minecraft. Still, the Dungeons set looks awesome!

Crafting Box 3 is a huge misstep, though. The appeal of the crafting boxes is exclusive content like Mooshrooms; this could've been their opportunity to put something new in the set like a Hoglin or Shulker.

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

It saddens me that some of the most unique lego weapons we've had so far are all Minecraft. Still, the Dungeons set looks awesome!

The amount of new weapons is impressive *huh* Maybe they come in a separate bag like the Superhero blast pieces, the Spidey web elements, DC accessories, Ninjago weapons or Hidden Side ghost elements...

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Crafting Box 3 is a huge misstep, though. The appeal of the crafting boxes is exclusive content like Mooshrooms; this could've been their opportunity to put something new in the set like a Hoglin or Shulker.

Personally, I prefer them to show up in more appropriate sets (a new Nether forest set and End City set respectively) :classic: What they should have included was a new colour for an existing mob, e.g. a dark brown horse, a green sheep, a new type of villager, a blue parrot or a white cat. The way the set is it‘s just nothing special :hmpf_bad:

Wow, the Minecraft Dungeons set is amazing! I love it! And that box art tho. I hope we get more sets based on the game later on... And I'm happy that my speculation turned out to be true! 

Edited by Harkonen

21165, 21166, 21167 - all $19.99

I'd guess BigFigs with price increase, so hopefully bigger mobs

Also, 21164 is missing between this and the last wave, so maybe more sets to come?

Interesting that an entire wave has popped out of nowhere :laugh: Looking forward to it!

Btw, does anyone know why this thread isn‘t pinned like the ones for all of the other current themes? :oh3:

New rumors:

21164 Coral Reef 8.99

21168 Warped Forest 27.99 

21169 First Adventure 54.99

21170 Pig House 44.99

On 5/12/2020 at 10:42 PM, 0Marty0 said:

21165, 21166, 21167 - all $19.99

I'd guess BigFigs with price increase, so hopefully bigger mobs

Also, 21164 is missing between this and the last wave, so maybe more sets to come?

And these sets from previous leak fit nicely between them

love how many new mobs are in these sets! so far I've spotted a llama, piglin, hoglin, drowned, and pufferfish. I also believe that I see bees and a moobloom, but I'm not too sure about those. There also seems to be a new skin in the set with the bees, and I would assume a wandering trader would also be in the set with the llama. 

38 minutes ago, Surge said:

love how many new mobs are in these sets! so far I've spotted a llama, piglin, hoglin, drowned, and pufferfish. I also believe that I see bees and a moobloom, but I'm not too sure about those. There also seems to be a new skin in the set with the bees, and I would assume a wandering trader would also be in the set with the llama. 

Those are definitely bees, not so sure about the moobloom though. It would definitely be interesting if they tapped into Minecraft Earth too after this year's Dungeons set :sweet: Speaking of which: it's quite funny to me how they're now very close to the latest game updates with the sets, yet there's still no sign of a lot of elements from the 4 year-old Combat Update (Elytra, Shulkers, End Cities). Will they ever add those? :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Those are definitely bees, not so sure about the moobloom though. It would definitely be interesting if they tapped into Minecraft Earth too after this year's Dungeons set :sweet: Speaking of which: it's quite funny to me how they're now very close to the latest game updates with the sets, yet there's still no sign of a lot of elements from the 4 year-old Combat Update (Elytra, Shulkers, End Cities). Will they ever add those? :shrug_oh_well:

I think they said once that End Cities would simply be too big to make a set of. 
This wave has me excited! I’m really looking forward to the Warped Forest set, that’s been one of my favourite biomes since it was introduced. Also liking the Coral Reef and the Pig House! The trader set looks great too. Assuming it has an actual trader, not just the llama (though the llama’s great too).

9 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I think they said once that End Cities would simply be too big to make a set of. 

Hm, makes sense. They could still size it down though or just give us a smaller section of one :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

This wave has me excited!

Agreed :thumbup: Two things though: Why do they split the wave into three sub-waves (December, February, March)? Same thing with the Star Wars sets... And where are the three Big Figs scheduled for December? *huh*

I see some talk of a moobloom. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the bee set will include one. However, look at the yellow mob included in the waterfall set. It's too big to be an ocelot and looks to have the same build as the cow and mooshroom. It looks to be, and I very, very much hope that it is a moobloom!

Two of the December sets have leaked, namely 21166 The Abandoned Mine and 21167 The Trading Post :thumbup: The llamas and the trader are definitely the highlights :wub: I‘m quite excited to see 21165 in detail too

Edit: 21165 has leaked too! The bees are adorable and the new wing pieces are an interesting addition :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Two of the December sets have leaked, namely 21166 The Abandoned Mine and 21167 The Trading Post :thumbup: The llamas and the trader are definitely the highlights :wub: I‘m quite excited to see 21165 in detail too

Edit: 21165 has leaked too! The bees are adorable and the new wing pieces are an interesting addition :sweet:

Could just be me but those ''new wing pieces'' just look like transclear 1x2's to me :tongue:

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but those ''new wing pieces'' just look like transclear 1x2's to me :tongue:

I mean the elytra wing pieces on the minifig :tongue: