905rp7ggekl41.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

Hello friends. This Moon to MarsTransport System I created for LEGO ideas Moon to Mars competition won grand prize (built in Studio 2.0). I got to visit the NASA team over at Cape Canaveral. They commissioned me to build a 'physical' version of the model which I recently completed.

The good news is that the model is arrived at Kennedy Space Centre today to get ready to go on display at the Journey to Mars section when it is renovated later in 2020.

Hope some of you get to check it out in real life if you get to visit KSC. Cheers!

P.S. I just uploaded this to LEGO IDEAS for a bit of fun (based on The Martian movie Mars Rover and Pathfinder):

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6a27bdb3-c7b9-47cc-aca1-b6237c56dcb9

Steve iuliano.

Hmmm... after carefully examining this picture I can confidently say this is one of the most impressive spaceships I have seen built out of Lego. In fact my jaw is broken from how hard it hit the floor. ?

Hello there Rubblemaker. After carefully examining your compliment and viewing some of your amazing LEGO designs, I can confidently say that your comment means a lot. Thanks for taking the time to write mate, much appreciated. Steve.

Thanks danth. Yep. Had to order those from various locations around the world to get it built.

Model just arrived at NASA KSC and they just told me it's in bits... so I have to help them put back together... damn it. Thought this would happen.

Fantastic build! Do you have more pictures from different angles? Would love to know how many parts are there in this model? And also curious how difficult it was to get all the pieces physically?

Hi Meliander, here is a video I put together of this that will answer most of your questions. There was just under 5 thousand pieces when I was counting, but I stopped counting when I went from digital to physical so I would say around 6,000 in total. I had to order parts from 22 different locations around the world as half the parts LEGO don't make anymore. LEGO were kind enough to donate the parts they still 'did' manufacture.

Cheers - 

So this thing has a full interior, lighting system AND a pizzeria?!! I am now a significant percentage more impressed than I was when I first saw it. Hope it gets the attention it deserves from the public once we’re all past this complete virus lockdown that’s spreading across the world as fast as the virus itself. Once again, amazing work and great video!