Sign in to follow this  
AmperZand

Fantasy minifigure mods using latest parts

Here are some of my fantasy minifigures using parts released in the last few months. The parts are from the DC CMF series, Ninjago range, CNY sets and Hidden Side boxes as well as some BAM exclusive pieces.

I would have preferred a more murine tail for the were-rat, but am not aware of any. I welcome suggestions.

cmf_19_dc_bam_small.jpg

Questions? Comments? 

Edited by AmperZand

Cool. Where is the knights helmet from? Looks different to me.

Also, isn't the sword from the rat guy from the Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack set 6918?

Lastly, the 2-headed guy - what are those weapons comprised of and where did that helmet come from?

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest, @leafan.

The knight's helmet is a BrickWarrior's great helm. Sorry if I gave the impression that the minifigures are purist; not all of them are. All the new-ish pieces are by LEGO though.

Yes, the were-rat's sword is from 6918. Well spotted! But I got it on the secondary market, not directly from the set. It looks dwarven to me. I figure the were-rat stole it from a victim who may or may not have been infected with lycanthropy.

The two-headed ghost's blades are curved blade with bar and the weapons' handles are lightsaber hilt short with ridges. The male's helmet is a Persian helmet in pearl dark gray.

Hope that helps :wink:

On 3/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, The Reader said:

I love the evil dwarf!

Thanks :blush:. He is supposed to be a redcap, an evil Anglo-Scottish folkloric creature who inhabits ruined border castles and dips his hat in his victims' blood to keep it red. Traditionally, redcaps are armed with military pole-arms but in more recent fantasy art they are often portrayed with agrarian derived weaponry (see here for example). I prefer the more classic look.

I have wanted to create a LEGO redcap for a long time, but a suitable hat/ears piece did not exist until last year.   

Edited by AmperZand

Great figs.  I love the evil plant guy.  The double headed ghost is nice too.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, zoth33 said:

Great figs.  I love the evil plant guy.  The double headed ghost is nice too.

Thank you for your kind words. Appreciated. :blush:

You might like the other carnivorous plant minifigures from my collection. The tree stump one recently appeared in a Brickset article.

s18_cmf_carnivorous_plants_mocs.jpg 

Edited by AmperZand

16 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Thank you for your kind words. Appreciated. :blush:

You might like the other carnivorous plant minifigures from my collection. The tree stump one recently appeared in a Brickset article.

Very cool.  Nice article.  You have some unique designs.  

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

God, I love that tree with teeth. Reminds me very much of Marcus Heitz' "Dwarfes"-Books, when the land turns evil :)

the cactus is the perfect combination of creepy and funny :'D

All those minifigs are great, and I absolutely love the two Flower-Monsters!  Their expressions and spiked limbs are priceless in regard of their neat, pretty little petals. :devil_laugh: