Bregir

[GoC] The Battle of Hillswell Marsh

During the Juniper wars, the 12th Grenadier Regiment was tasked with holding the flank of the main forces.
However, in the bug-infested marshlands, the crack regiment quickly grew restless, and the colonel decided to rewrite the front slightly, and led his grenadiers through Hillswell Marsh against an enemy of vastly superior numbers. However, the enemy forces consisted mainly of militia, and against the Grenadiers, they were routed with ease.

49278217566_1d4843d76f_b.jpg

While this campaign was largely irrelevant in the grander scheme of things, it is widely celebrated by the regiment. Some of the Grenadiers have made their way to the colonies, where their relentless storm will sweep away enemies of the Crown!

______

An entry for the Glory of Corrington - it is nothing special, but I did my best in creating some interesting poses for the assault. (And really found the limits of what you can do without disassembling minifigs...)

Now, that is clearly propaganda! You can see it as it isn't a framed painting :tongue::grin:

It's a nice scene indeed, the swamp-ish character of the landscape clearly comes across; but thank you most for shining more light on BoBS lore in general, and on the Juniper War in particular :thumbup:

A fine exhibition of Corrington bravery and daring!

Great build overall. While simple looking at first glance, the marshy landscape, pools of water, angled wall for cover, and all the action really make it come alive! I particularly will be copying that tree at some point. It definitely gets a :thumbup: from me!

Nice build! What silly looking hats though:tongue:

Is this meant to be a counter to that build I made about the Juniper War all those years ago? :laugh:

That being said, this is a nice build. The scattered foliage gives a good impression of a marsh type land, and the water line is nicely built too. The minifig posing is done pretty well too. 

I like the minifigure poses and the different ways you were able to the poses without taking the fig apart. The different colors of foliage definitely gives off a marshy feel. 

Nice battle scene! The plants are nice, but minifig posing really steals the scene… wonderful job! 

Nice posing and minifig part selection. Dark tan works great with Oleon poor boys. Posing is indeed a problem when you don't want to disassemble minifigs (such as myself). Sigh, the restrictions of the medium and my willingness I guess :tongue: .

The terrain is also nice but the only thing that I find obstructing are the bricks of the wall, which even though I get that you wanted to make them curved, I would prefered them somehow firmly attached to the baseplate

IC now, as KB said, you indeed need to re-read the Juniper chapter of BoBS history! :tongue: :tongue:

Edited by blackdeathgr

Hooray some Bluecoat bashing! :D

Great job on the minifig posing and the vegetation :)

Very nice battle scene and I love the weapon details. The bayonets, smoke coming from the firing, and particularly like the depiction of the ramrod in the loading of the musket. Great vegetation and build. :thumbup: