MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good to hear :thumbup: I‘d love for the naysayers to be as wrong as possible :devil: 

Just got my NES as well, can‘t wait to build it :wub: (What a weird sentence, out of context)

In the US everything is backordered at S@H except the starter set and character bags. Probably the character bags are only in stock because they restrict it to 3 max. On Amazon the starter set is backordered 2 to 4 weeks and is the #1 new release in building toys. At my Target they had a LOT of sets but character packs sold out on release day and starter sets after a couple days. Target still has most items except the starter set in stock online.

Long story short, the theme is selling ok. :grin:

Just now, Vorkosigan said:

Long story short, the theme is selling ok. :grin:

After all the negativity around here, this is very comforting to hear :laugh::thumbup: 

My biggest pet peeve is the way the app forces you to use as a manual, i used the lego life app before but it’s way easier there, I don't like the videos and the manual page flipping 

Picked up one of the random bags and got a Buzzy Beetle. He's ace! 

So I normally head to this thread to off-topic drivel on about wanting Zelda sets (Spirit Train please!) in a small font.

But if I was a gambling man, thinking about how the Mario theme is all about non-structured layouts and putting things where you want them, I would bet that the next theme off the line will be Animal Crossing.

Blind bag villagers? Blind bag furniture? Could even have a Villager main character which works like the Mario interactive figure, scanning the items and characters to interact with them

Although personally I'd prefer them to get the Fabuland figure moulds out of storage.

Just built the starter pack, love it! Can‘t wait to build the other sets. One thing though: has anyone else‘s copy had an extra 2x2 light bluish gray round plate? Because mine did. I’ve had way weirder spare parts than this before, but still :laugh: Bricklink doesn’t have their inventory up yet, so couldn’t check there

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just built the starter pack, love it! Can‘t wait to build the other sets. One thing though: has anyone else‘s copy had an extra 2x2 light bluish gray round plate? Because mine did. I’ve had way weirder spare parts than this before, but still :laugh: Bricklink doesn’t have their inventory up yet, so couldn’t check there

I have to check, but i believe so. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

yeah i got that too

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Same, but I think you’re supposed to put it underneath the two trans-clear panels that support the question block. 

@Borex & @Surge: Good to know, thanks! :thumbup: So it probably is a standard extra part then

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Same, but I think you’re supposed to put it underneath the two trans-clear panels that support the question block. 

I didn’t forget that one :wink: The set apparently uses three of these (two for the stepping stones in the lava area and one for the question block) and there’s a fourth one as a replacement part :classic: 

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Borex & @Surge: Good to know, thanks! :thumbup: So it probably is a standard extra part then

I didn’t forget that one :wink: The set apparently uses three of these (two for the stepping stones in the lava area and one for the question block) and there’s a fourth one as a replacement part :classic: 

Ah, my mistake. My desk is a bit of a mess, I probably misplaced one, heh. (Should have built it at my workbench, but the shed doesn’t have wifi and I wanted to watch my show and build . .)

Anyone pickup both the starter set and the NES? How does the Mario interact with the NES?

16 hours ago, Chill said:

Anyone pickup both the starter set and the NES? How does the Mario interact with the NES?

There‘s a sticker on top of the TV that you first have to scan. Then Mario starts to play the classic Super Mario tune und you put him over a hole on the TV, where the figure scans the coloured tiles on top of the mechanism that pass by as you turn the crank. Each colour corresponds with an item on the screen, causing Mario to play the appropriate sound :thumbup: Once you‘re done, the flagpole jingle plays

Edited by Lego-Freak

My brother bought the starter set a couple of days ago and it already has something stuck in the screen for some reason. Looks like a spec of dirt but it can't be wiped off. I suspect it is inside the screen or something but needless to say he is very upset that his hard earned money went into something which already has a fault. Keep in mind that he had been incredibly careful with Mario. He has barely moved the thing around. :/ Anyone else got this problem?

Im having some issues with lego mario; Just got starter set. The first thing it did was update him. Now whenever I turn him on, he ends up in an endless death loop (Music plays, eyes spin) that I can't seem to stop. restarting him doesn't do it. Starting a course, he just does the "dying" loop the entire time. Any way to fix this? Restarting him does nothing. 

5 hours ago, Carefree_Dude said:

Im having some issues with lego mario; Just got starter set. The first thing it did was update him. Now whenever I turn him on, he ends up in an endless death loop (Music plays, eyes spin) that I can't seem to stop. restarting him doesn't do it. Starting a course, he just does the "dying" loop the entire time. Any way to fix this? Restarting him does nothing. 

I'd contact LEGO directly and see if they either have logged this as an issue and have a solution, or if not will send you a new one.  Their customer service is usually great about these things, especially since you just spent $60 on it and the major focal point isn't working correctly.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lego-Freak said:

After all the negativity around here, this is very comforting to hear :laugh::thumbup: 

Yeah I love that it’s going great as a theme. Gives me hope for more. 

Talking about more. What do you think could make up the series 2 of the blind bags??

22 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Yeah I love that it’s going great as a theme. Gives me hope for more. 

Talking about more. What do you think could make up the series 2 of the blind bags??

I would expect some variants of already existing enemies like cheep cheep, bullet bill and Monty mole. I do expect to see deep cheep, Bull’s eye Bills, Rocky Wrench, Foo, red spike top, goombrat. As for the other four I don’t really know but my list is open for suggestions. 

36 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Good question actually... The foes that immediatelly come to mind are all too big for the blind bags (Hammer Bros and friends, Wiggler, Chain Chomp, Lakitu, Kamek, Sniffit etc) :head_back: Maybe Ninjis, Scaredy Rats or Galoombas? These are quite small :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

I would expect some variants of already existing enemies like cheep cheep, bullet bill and Monty mole. I do expect to see deep cheep, Bull’s eye Bills, Rocky Wrench, Foo, red spike top, goombrat. As for the other four I don’t really know but my list is open for suggestions. 

Bony Beetle, Bone Goomba, Parabeetle, Freezie, Octoomba, Stingby, Mechakoopa and Crowber also come to mind as possibilities. There's also a chance that, like the Bob-omb in this wave, they might include an enemy who appears elsewhere but has not been in a blind-bag yet (perhaps something like Boo or Swoop who are so far limited to one set each).

EDIT: Coin Coffer would be another good small enemy that could have good gameplay.

Edited by Lyichir

I was thinking that maybe instead of ennemies, the next wave could be power ups? Or a mix of both. 

coin blocks

pow blocks

etc..

Edited by Megbricks

Flyguy with the mini-propellor, a Flying Koopa Troopa, Eeries, Boomerang Bro, Rocky Wrench would be cool. Kamek, Hammer Bros and Lakitu would be good for bigger sets

All of your suggestions would be great for Wave 2 or LEGO Super Mario. 

I actually made a more in-depth predictions for Wave 2.

SETS: Princess Peach Castle

Airship

Starter course w/Luigi 

Water level expansion set 

Ice level expansion set 

Characters: Luigi w/ Scanner 

Brick Build Princess Peach

Kamek

Boom Boom/ Pom Pom 

Or 

Koopalings 

Enemies: Fire Bro, Chain Chomp, Red Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bros, lakitu, and wiggler.