MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 7/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, nintendude64 said:

I've never purchased a set right as it releases on Shop@Home. What time are sets typically available online in the US? Really want to make sure I can snag the NES on Friday night.

Btw, the site its most definetly going to colapse (as it does with most of the major releases), so dont be surprised if you can't add the set to your purchase, it will just take a bit.

40 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Anyone know if Mario's arms can be removed? Or are they part of the torso mold?

Mario's arms can be removed and I'm pretty sure they fit the regular minifigure peg hole from what I've seen

Yep. Look at this nightmarish swap

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Anyone know if Mario's arms can be removed? Or are they part of the torso mold?

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Mario's arms can be removed and I'm pretty sure they fit the regular minifigure peg hole from what I've seen

Yep. Look at this nightmarish swap

They could've at least used an arm with flesh hands! My Mario actually came in the box with one arm floating around (the electronic portion of Mario comes in his own small cardboard box within the set). At first I was freaked out it was damaged, but the arm appeared totally fine and snapped in ok. I guess it just wasn't engaged right in the first place.

Can he swap hands, though? Because those big glove hands could be great for people making custom Looney Tunes or similar figures.

2 hours ago, Chill said:

Does the NES set release tonight?

Yes. I`ve already ordered it. No issues with the process/site what so ever.

There wouldn’t happen to be anyone else in Melbourne who pre-ordered the Starter Course from Metrohobbies, would there? Because they advertised having the Monty Mole and Super Mushroom set at a pre-order bonus, but I just went to pick it up, and they gave me the Super Mushroom polybag instead and went “What’s the difference?” Only a hundred and fifty parts and the whole reason I ordered from you . . Well, they’ve lost my business permanently. 

On a related note, did I hear something about official LEGO shops having the Monty Mole set as a GWP? Does anyone know if this applies to the Lego Shop in Chadstone?

On 7/30/2020 at 4:10 AM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Can he swap hands, though? Because those big glove hands could be great for people making custom Looney Tunes or similar figures.

I would also like to know this.

46 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I would also like to know this.

Now that I actually have it in hand . . nope. The hands can’t be removed from the arms, and they can’t even rotate at the wrist. Literally the only posability LEGO Mario has is in moving the arms at the shoulders. 

Also, it turns out that each of the ‘pants’ on the Power-Up Packs is a matter of internal shapes depressing certain switches on Mario’s stomach. So each of them are a unique mould, which further explains the price. By fiddling with it I managed to get the combinations to trigger Fire and Propeller Mario without actually owning Propeller Mario (I did get Fire when I got the Starter Pack because I wanted to try at least one Power-Up, which is how I discovered this). I don’t know which ones to depress for Cat or Builder Mario yet, but . . interesting that Mario can be duped like that. 

Had to refresh a few times, but successfully got the NES...

Now you're playing with power! :grin_wub:

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, it turns out that each of the ‘pants’ on the Power-Up Packs is a matter of internal shapes depressing certain switches on Mario’s stomach. So each of them are a unique mould, which further explains the price. 

Makes it even stranger to me that they didn't include details like a tail for cat mario. I will be interested to see how well these packs sell separate from the figure.

Whew! I hit a few nervous retries as I was finishing up my order. Persistence paid off! Now, I wait. :ugh:

Placed an order for a couple more Mario sets and character packs. Frustrating that there is a limit of 3 on character packs. I get they don't want scalpers to buy them all but when there are 10 varieties it seems like you should be able to buy 10. 

I got my NES ordered!  I was lazy and slept in.  I got nervous that it would be sold out.  I can't wait to get this.

Anyone know when the preorders arrive? Mines ‘in warehouse’ still *oh2*.

anybody else get an extra grey 2x2 round plate in the starter set? It says 3 are in the set and ive only used 2

Is the LEGO Thwomp drop expansion set a LEGO store exclusive? I haven’t seen it in any other retailer in the US.

9 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Is the LEGO Thwomp drop expansion set a LEGO store exclusive? I haven’t seen it in any other retailer in the US.

It is, and so is the King Boo set, AFAIK :wink:

43 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It is, and so is the King Boo set, AFAIK :wink:

Seriously? Only at Shop@Home? That can’t be right, Just2good did a video showing the King Boo set at Target in America. They’re probably retail exclusives, sure, but I can’t picture them being Shop@Home and LEGO Store exclusives. (Though, most of the General release Mario sets have popped up in retailer websites here and I haven’t seen either Thwomp Drop or King Boo anywhere . .)

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Seriously? Only at Shop@Home? That can’t be right, Just2good did a video showing the King Boo set at Target in America. They’re probably retail exclusives, sure, but I can’t picture them being Shop@Home and LEGO Store exclusives. (Though, most of the General release Mario sets have popped up in retailer websites here and I haven’t seen either Thwomp Drop or King Boo anywhere . .)

Whoops, I misread that :blush: You're right of course, they're both retailer exclusives. I think I should go to bed :grin: