MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Someone posted a picture of the Mario sets on the shelf in a Target, on Instagram. So they are definitely not following street date fully at the moment. My pre-order is now estimated for July 23rd so I'm not too confident I'll actually get it early.

Alright, here's a question: How many of you are planning to buy

a) At least one Super Mario set

b) But NOT the starter set

c) And NOT Bowser's Castle either

?

6 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

Alright, here's a question: How many of you are planning to buy

a) At least one Super Mario set

b) But NOT the starter set

c) And NOT Bowser's Castle either

?

Um. I already preordered the Starter Set. But I'd definitely be interested in the King Boo and Piranha Plant fortress sets just for what they contain, even putting aside the awesome castle. (And I can't wait to combine Bowser's Castle with the Whomp and Thwomp sets to make a proper 'world eight' setup. (I'm young and grew up on New Super Mario Bros and don't really get the nostalgia for anything older than Super Mario Galaxy. Speaking of, I can't wait to use the printed face off a Podaboo to make a custom Luma!)

Just now, Flak Maniak said:

Combined with the stars from The Lego Movie 2, no doubt?

Oh! Yes! I was just going to use yellow cheese wedges with the same SNOT core, but that's a much better idea, thank you so much!

There is a Mario D2C after all, and it‘s a model of an NES + controller, Mario cartridge and TV :thumbup: Not what I expected, but it looks excellent! There‘s also some level of interactivity with the Mario figure

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There is a Mario D2C after all, and it‘s a model of an NES + controller, Mario cartridge and TV :thumbup: Not what I expected, but it looks excellent! There‘s also some level of interactivity with the Mario figure

Um . . I just . . um . . what?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

What the hell? The box says its "only" 2646 pieces, but it looks huge.

Any ideas of what price should we expect?

(Also, if they give a Lego Mario Minifig as a GWP for this I'm gona lose it)

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Any ideas of what price should we expect?

According to promobricks, it‘s going to be 230€ :wink:

25 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

(Also, if they give a Lego Mario Minifig as a GWP for this I'm gona lose it)

No way that’s going to happen since that would require at least one new mould :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to promobricks, it‘s going to be 230€ :wink:

Wait, what? That's amazing news!

Maybe its not as big as it seems, then?

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

No way that’s going to happen since that would require at least one new mould :laugh:

Ohh, so they can't make new moulds for GWPs? Now that you say it makes a lot of sense, actually

(But would it count as a new mould if they plan to do Mario minifigs eventually anyway?)

Now that they're actually using the theme to its full potential, I'm scared just how much money I'll sink into it with more sets like this. :laugh_hard:

This new TV and console set is bonkers. Not what I'd expect most people to want to spend $250 on, though very well done. I saw some rumors claiming there will be add on levels and putting interactive Mario on top will play the different level music... 

15 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

This new TV and console set is bonkers. Not what I'd expect most people to want to spend $250 on, though very well done. I saw some rumors claiming there will be add on levels and putting interactive Mario on top will play the different level music... 

The part about interactivity with the Mario figure is true since there‘s a picture of it in the instruction manual, but the other rumour doesn‘t sound believable. However, it depends on what they mean with „add-on levels“. I could see the level on the TV being customisable with multiple layouts, but separately sold sets certainly won‘t happen :tongue:

The D2C has my money for sure.  No question about it.  Based on the dimensions of the TV, I do wish it was a bit bigger though.  

This set will be a huge hit, considering the response on gaming sites like IGN

I wonder what type of connection that is. On this new set. Keeping in mind the proportions I can’t  figure Out what actual Existing pieces could be used.  New pieces???

50107744498_867800c6f2_b.jpg50107744483_68cc09ce31_b.jpg

new connection system?

Or one shot deal?

50108554127_e580a2184d_c.jpg

16 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This set will be a huge hit, considering the response on gaming sites like IGN

I for sure will buy it

id love to customize worlds. I know they won’t do that but imagine blind bags with the prices to put up a new world on the tv. :)

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

Now that they're actually using the theme to its full potential, I'm scared just how much money I'll sink into it with more sets like this. :laugh_hard:

Yeah. I am scared of that too:))

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Crossing my fingers for maximum 300CAD. I love it, but not 350CAD love it.

Hopefully... it’s always so expensive in Canada compared to the US. 

Edited by Megbricks

They even thought of the details on the back of the TV! This set gets even more amazing every time I look at it :wub: 

2020 can go die in a fire, but TLG is truly at their A game this year

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

They even thought of the details on the back of the TV! This set gets even more amazing every time I look at it :wub: 

2020 can go die in a fire, but TLG is truly at their A game this year

I agree. They really have made an exceptional piece out of this. 

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but the box art for a set like this could have been so much better

They made a great box art for the WW1984 set, and then...............................................................................................

I don't get it :wacko:

Edited by Robert8