MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I would delete that if I were you, that’s clearly a leak even if we’ve already seen the final product :wink:

Eh, I think it's fine. All of the product pics are already out there, this is just what's under the hood.

Maybe @Captain Nemo will have a different opinion though.

I think they (LEGO or Nintendo, not sure which) didn't want Mario seen without his overalls to keep some of the game play aspects a surprise. Until LEGO revealed that the interchangeable costumes have a function themselves, through the description on the site, they didn't want this image circulating because of the clearly visible contact points (they look like contacts on Nintendo cartridge games). This is what makes me think of the Mario brick as a console for the gaming system, which makes the cost of the starter set seem more reasonable to me. The way the reader in Mario functions makes any LEGO set with the colors Mario responds to potentially part of the game. I have some fun ideas with some Duplo parts I own, including these large ice cream cone pieces.

Yikes, I don't know what's worse, dead inside Mario or glowing Mario. I wonder how many kids he's going to end up traumatizing.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, BigGuy4U said:

Yikes, I don't know what's worse, dead inside Mario or glowing Mario. I wonder how many kids he's going to end up traumatizing.

I think the most traumatizing scenario is that he defects and starts making noises in the middle of the night. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the most traumatizing scenario is that he defects and starts making noises in the middle of the night. :laugh:

Someone have a bad experience with a Furby?

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Someone have a bad experience with a Furby?

A thomas train when I was 4, if you can believe that.:grin: Scared the heck out of me.

Have all the mario sets been revealed so far? I know there was the $4 set, is that the polybag with the mushroom?

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A thomas train when I was 4, if you can believe that.:grin: Scared the heck out of me.

Have all the mario sets been revealed so far? I know there was the $4 set, is that the polybag with the mushroom?

We're still waiting on seven sets!  So quite a few!

The $4 set you mentioned, two $20 sets, two $30 sets, a $50 set, and a $70 set.  We've only actually see three of the "standard" sets so far, with six left to be revealed.

1 hour ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

We're still waiting on seven sets!  So quite a few!

The $4 set you mentioned, two $20 sets, two $30 sets, a $50 set, and a $70 set.  We've only actually see three of the "standard" sets so far, with six left to be revealed.

Those are probably some of the things from the videos, right? The yoshi, toad house, etc?

The new consumer catalogue is now available in Germany and while the theme is prominently featured on the front cover, the only sets in there are the ones we’ve already seen pictures of :shrug_confused: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

I placed my pre-order, along with two of this year's Mulan set. It has some parts that will be good for some Super Mario vigs.

The full line’s been revealed on The Brothers Brick! And there’s two extra retail exclusive sets, a Thompson Course and a King Boo Haunted Mansion, that we hadn’t heard anything about previously!

And also . . oh my gosh, so many of these sets are so wonderful and gorgeous. The only one I dislike is the Piranha Plant Power Slide, all the rest look great and I’m going to have such a hard time not simply buying every last one of them. I can’t even pick out a favourite . . wait, yes I can. The Toad Village is so incredibly cute, day one purchase!

Ok I actually love all the stuff that was revealed today. Seeing a picture of them all semi put together it makes me want to get all of the sets

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok I actually love all the stuff that was revealed today. Seeing a picture of them all semi put together it makes me want to get all of the sets

Agreed! The actual sets have a lot with them for the price.  My favorites are the Fortress and the Bullet Bill Barrage. 

The blind bags will be a success overhere. 
i think i need every set (except maybe for the piranha plant teeter totter, which is quite ugly)

Still not  convinced about the large Mario fig.

But the small mystery bags selled the whole things to me.

Still, I'm not found the whole gameplay-with-the-app. But I think I'll still buy some sets and turn them into tabletop games, like a Mario Paty sort-of thing.

I’m very back and forth with this theme, but after seeing the reviews, I find it very hard to believe that kids will enjoy playing with these more than once or twice and want all the expansions. Seeing Just2Good use the Boomer Bills set play feature made me realize how not fun it really is. Its either far too easy or too hard to be fun depending on whether you place Mario on the studded side versus the tiled side. I truly cannot see anyone having hours of fun with these compared to a regular $10 Lego City set

Integrating tech into physical toys is many companies’ current strategy of trying to be a part of the digital age that we will always continue to be in and compete with phones and video games, but those are so convenient and require no real set up unlike these sets.

Not to mention how the box art is all one color. Every time Lego uses a solid colored background its either meant for an older, adult audience like they are doing with some expensive collector sets this year; or their Educational line of sets for schools. They probably figured it would help sets stand out and help parents see the value in all that they are getting in the set, but I think its sending mixed signals to kids and they will probably associate it with school or learning and not fun and play. (Not saying learning can’t be fun but it just doesn’t seem to be the goal for kids with these sets).

The best parts of this line right now for people who wanted it to be minifigure scale are the Banzai Bills, the finish line Castle, the finish line flag(s), Mario’s house, the power-up blocks, the arrow signs, and the prints on the front of the Thwomp. Those are all awesome. 

The Blooper blind bag build is also really nice as a display with its underwater coral feature, but everything else is either too big or two square.

16 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I truly cannot see anyone having hours of fun with these compared to a regular $10 Lego City set

I'm curious, what can you do with the $10 City set that you can't also do with the Mario sets?

The sets themselves don't interest me, but the blind bags look great! Going to have to pick up multiple squids