MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Zavvi are offering a different set if you pre-order through them LEGO Super Mario: Super Mushroom Surprise Expansion Set (30385)Worth £3.49

https://www.zavvi.com/toys-lego/lego-super-mario-starter-set-71360/12509337.html

If everywhere gets different pre-order bonuses it's going to be really hard to have a complete theme.

Edited by guybarlo
Edited for own incompetence

Just now, guybarlo said:

Zavvi are offering a different set if you pre-order through them LEGO Super Mario: Super Mushroom Surprise Expansion Set (30385)Worth £3.49

https://www.zavvi.com/toys-lego/lego-super-mario-starter-set-71360/12509337.html

If everywhere gets different pre-order bonuses it's going to be really hard to have a complete theme. 

Edit: that's 3 so far

That's the same one from the brickset article

Sorry I just saw that, I had so many tabs open, so it looks like lego will have one and the other retailers will have this one

I just preordered here in Canada and I got the email confirmation, the email shows me:

the starter set, the Easter GWP and 2!! Other Leaf GWP. 

49745923211_defc2be81f_b.jpg49746252582_417ea8d3de_b.jpg

I preordered in the US, my order lists the Easter Egg GWP and the bundle with gift as $60, and then underneath it lists the Adventures with Mario Starter Course and Monty Mole and Super Mushroom Expansion Pack sets as $0 each. I don’t think there are more GWPs. 

Bowser and his castle actually look pretty good. Definitely not going to spend $100 on it though, I'd rather get a system version if they ever do one.

Bowser looks good, the setting behind him looks good. It looks a substantially sized set. I want to like it... But... just can't... Its... Just not the same... Prefer minifigs and minifig sized stuff... :def_shrug:

Are we sure Mario is included in the Bowser Castle? There are two Factors to make me think he isn’t.

1. In the Video for the sets, the castle is called a expansion set.

2. It doesent make sense for the Bowser castle to be 1000 pieces and include the Mario for a couple of reasons:

- The Mario increases the Price by $40 as seen with the starter set (231 pieces should be $20) and the Castle is 1000 pieces making it $140

- But the castle is $100, so if it does include Mario, then the starter set should be $20.

3. In the Video, the castle is seen with some of the same parts as the starter set, making it look like The designer just connected the starter set with the castle since the castle is a expansion.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

While I can see why some people like the sets ( I myself like the brick built villains and some of the new parts). I still wish lego had gone the minifigure mario route, because the builds could have been so much better.

13 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

It’s either a grammatical error or it’s referring to the “seven different action bricks for different interactions” that are exclusive, but is worded poorly.  I agree that it makes sense for Mario to be in the castle.  I don’t think I can think of a time we’ve ever gotten a set (not counting a baseplate) that shows a figure or brick-built structure on one of the main promotional pictures and isn’t included.  

If you look at it that way it all makes sense. The INTERACTIONS are exclusive, not mario, so it makes sense that he's also in the castle. Poorly worded press release, but I think you're right in that he'll be in the castle too.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I preordered in the US, my order lists the Easter Egg GWP and the bundle with gift as $60, and then underneath it lists the Adventures with Mario Starter Course and Monty Mole and Super Mushroom Expansion Pack sets as $0 each. I don’t think there are more GWPs. 

I can barely get on the site, but I don't believe you'll get the easter GWPs, but instead whatever other GWP you qualify for at the time of shipping, if any. Only about 70% sure, but I think that's how it works.

Plus the mario one of course.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:24 PM, Kintobor said:

I'm calling it now: the big set of this wave is going to be Bowser's Castle. 

Heyo! :laugh:

Things are looking promising! I love Bowser's Castle, and the brick built designs for the characters look great! :thumbup:

Wow, love these sets! Starter Course and Bowser's Castle are defiantly day-one get!

I do hope we get minifigs down the line, maybe in like a promo bag or something...

It'll take time to get used to that figure

It's like a weird hybrid between a minifigure and a BrickHead

But other than that I think these are pretty neat

The castle is the best one so far for sure

16 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. And I believe that the Piranha desert minecart whatever that messy thing’s called set is an expansion set. That announcement states that there are expansion sets, not that EVERY other set is an expansion set. And as for it being ‘only included in this set’, I’m inclined to chalk that up to a translation error or misquote. People can get things wrong. I’m inclined to believe the pictures over the text, and the pictures say Mario’s coming in the Castle.

Especially given that whoever wrote that article thinks ‘figure that are only included’ is correct grammar. I doubt that’s particularly official.

The quote is stating the 7 actions are unique, as @Kit Figsto pointed out before me.  The important part was the beginning where it states “this set is needed to unlock expansion sets. The statement later says, “The first Expansion Sets, also revealed today, include the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set and the Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set.

@just2good I am a bit nervous that we won't get any minifigures, and I'll tell you why. New molds. Basically, a good bit of the theme would have to be dedicated to new molds, and from what I think I heard, there's an app in development for the LEGO Mario sets, so that could be why there aren't any minifigures (yet, and I hope there will be, but I'm starting to doubt it). I mean, for every character (with the exceptions of the Piranha Plant, Goomba, and some of the enemies, which we've already seen in the sets already revealed), the molds would probably not be cheap, and for LEGO Mario to sell well, they would have to make some cheaper sets, which even the ones with fewer pieces are expensive. The sets themselves would be good for a background, but I couldn't see myself playing with it too much like a 2D level if these released when I was a kid. I'm sure if I was little I would enjoy these, but if I was 8 and these things came out, I couldn't see myself being too interested. I'm really starting to doubt that LEGO Mario minifigures will be released, and I think that if they were making minifigures, they would have already been revealed. If they did do Mario minifigures, they would have to do some based on Mario Sunshine, as that's rumored to be coming to Switch.

Edited by xxix5

Odds are minifigures will come in a later wave. Not the August one 

Just now, xxix5 said:

If they did do Mario minifigures, they would have to do some based on Mario Sunshine, as that's rumored to be coming to Switch.

Nah, they could easily make some regular ones . There is no reason they would have to do this unless they wanted to tie it directly into it 

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

How soon do we have to preorder to get the GWP?

Here in canada the offer is already no longer available. The preorder button now shows up as soon available. 

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Odds are minifigures will come in a later wave. Not the August one 

Nah, they could easily make some regular ones . There is no reason they would have to do this unless they wanted to tie it directly into it 

Only if the first wave sells successfully, that is. I’m hoping it’ll sell well.

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Here in canada the offer is already no longer available. The preorder button now shows up as soon available. 

Huh. Just noticed at the bottom of the email it says on pre-orders between 7th April and 31st July to get the GWP. 

The Super Mario button has been removed from the Offers page, at least on the US shop. I tried at least a dozen times yesterday to get that button to work, but it never did. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon.