MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Super Mario discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Super Mario discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Super Mario discussion. 

Enjoy! 

----

Just teased on Facebook. I’m definitely there!

hoping for lots of characters and a buildable Peach’s Castle.

Video teaser

Ok, I think LEGO Licensed themes are getting ridiculously out of control. First we got Trolls, then Minions, and now THIS?! I am sorry Mario Fans, but I can't say I'm happy with this news.:ugh:

If they are going to make this, they should at least get rid of some of their other licensed themes such as Minecraft, which I doubt they will actually do.:wall:

Edited by Lego David

Very interesting! I haven't played a mario game in years so don't know what sort of sets we could expect, but does anyone else think we could get a minifigure series? 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Now it‘s getting weird: according to stonewars, this is the „Leaf“ theme, not Monkey Kid *huh* What is going on?!

Is it Super Mario Bros 3 where one of the powerups is a leaf?

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel of the partially revealed Mario figure there. It has minifigure arms for sure, but the rest looks un-recognisable as Lego - the head looks square. Even Minions, Trolls and Angry Birds were more Lego-esque imho. Anyway, should wait and see before passing judgement. I hope this leads to more Nintendo properties or a CMF series!

What the heck is up with that figure? I love Mario but I hope whatever is going on there is something else.

Is this a very early April Fools? I'd be interested in some Nintendo sets, but this is very unexpected!

However, what in the world is wrong with that minifig? It looks like a cross between Minecraft and Might Beans. Can't they just be the traditional minifigure shape?

Just now, Terrasher said:

Is this a very early April Fools? I'd be interested in some Nintendo sets, but this is very unexpected!

However, what in the world is wrong with that minifig? It looks like a cross between Minecraft and Might Beans. Can't they just be the traditional minifigure shape?

My preference would be something like Powerpuff Girls

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

How were they able to keep this under wraps for this long? :laugh:

Hidden under a pile of leaves?

8 minutes ago, Mattah12 said:

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel of the partially revealed Mario figure there. It has minifigure arms for sure, but the rest looks un-recognisable as Lego - the head looks square. Even Minions, Trolls and Angry Birds were more Lego-esque imho.

2 minutes ago, BrickG said:

What the heck is up with that figure? I love Mario but I hope whatever is going on there is something else.

2 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Well, from the teaser, it certainly looks like the figure has some sort of integrated electronic video display, to let it change expressions and whatnot. That seems crazy, but I guess if there’s any theme where they’d roll out such a feature, a theme based on video games would be it. Will LEGO Mario figures work as Amiibo?!

I can’t believe they kept this a surprise. Hoping the figures don’t look like the teaser image but I’m willing to wait and see. Hoping for some great location sets.

Stonewars mentions the cheapest set being 3.99€ and a blind bag. Super Mario CMF series coming soon? I'm in... If they're traditional-looking minifigures.

They also mention the possibility of a digital component being included like with Hidden Side. Perhaps a Mario Maker style app where you actually build your level in real life and play it on your phone?

Guys you sure they are teasing sets and not a Lego Mario videogame? If these are sets, I am excited like a baby.