CorvusA

[HELP!!] LDD, only one colour available in the palette...

Hi, yesterday I reinstalled windows (Windows 10 like before) and all the apps, LDD included, version 4.3.11, brick version 2670 ( I dont want the last version of the official LEGO page because is a broken piece of shit with the half of the pieces, thanks TLG). Well, the issue with the Adobe in the installation was solved but today I have opened a file and try to change a colour and... there is only red in the palette LOL. Kinda weird because I used this version until two days ago...even in my laptop I have it as well and I see the complete palette.

Can someone helps me please?? I work with LDD and Stud.io makes me angry ( I need the double of time to make the same build, the mechanics are VERY CLUNKY)

Screenshot-> https://imgur.com/a/oZjxCJa

Edited by CorvusA

Very strange indeed *huh*

I suppose you didn’t try any customization?  (to replace patterns, add new parts…)

Can you check the files in your home?  Especially, are they different from the ones on your laptop?

You could try to copy the ones on your laptop to your desktop (back them up before).

Sounds like you are using the "extended theme"  instead of the "standard theme", not 100% sure these ar the right names as I am not on my computer right now. With the "extended theme" the windows colour theme is black, in the "standard theme" it will be blue so that is the other way to know. You should also have the choice what theme to open it up in on the welcome screen.

On the "file tabs", again can't remember which one of han it will give you an option for "theme" click on that & you will be able to change it, I do quite regularly when building.

The "extended theme" has more bricks available & you can make them any colour you like with the paint tool not just the colours that they are available in.

@RoddyMac Look better at the picture: CorvusA clicked on the colour palette of the paint tool but it only shows a red square instead of the 78 normaly available colours in Extended.

By the way, @CorvusA, what do you get with the other colour palette (the one for the parts palette)?

Edited by SylvainLS

My apologies I hadn't looked at the picture.

The problem with reading these things at midnight!

20 minutes ago, RoddyMac said:

My apologies I hadn't looked at the picture.

The problem with reading these things at midnight!

No problem.  At first, I had the same thought you did… but then I’ve a habit of reading too fast, so I checked the picture :grin:

I have discovered that the LDD files located in Appdata/romaing were imcompleted ( one of the missing was the palette info) so the installer may be corrupted, I copy them from the laptop to the PC and now roks, its really weird but well, now I can use again the brick version 2760 and not the shitty brick version 777 that provides LEGO currently...

If someone has this problem in the future, send me a private because I have saved the required files of the palette apart, just in case