Sign in to follow this  
Captain K.

BS find Pirate Ship

Cool! Nice find! :pir-sweet:

It has a real nice looking, it just makes me think about the real classical Lego Pirates Sets :jollyroger:

Edited by BlueBard

That is a very nice ship, but the rest of the folder is also definately worth checking out.

A real beauty! I also believe that this ship looks like one of those classic sets... but simply much bigger, of course.

I've noticed that the ship is in a glass cabinet - does that mean it's on display at a convention or LUG or something to that effect?

WOW! It's like a Skull-eyed Schooner / Black Pearl but way cooler! Great find. I wonder if the builder was paid for it seeing as it looks like a convention piece or something.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

I've noticed that the ship is in a glass cabinet - does that mean it's on display at a convention or LUG or something to that effect?

According to the bs folder, it's the "second kostky.org exhibition in Brno" (Czech rep.)

There's some great pics from the same and other events in the folder as well.

Edited by Fluyt

According to the bs folder, it's the "second kostky.org exhibition in Brno" (Czech rep.)

And there website is www.kostky.org, not that I can read a word of it! It appears they have a forum too - I never would have guessed the Czech Republic would have enough AFOLs for a forum. Hmmm... Maybe I need to get to Europe more...

Never underestimate European countries, Mister Phes! :pir-tongue:

I'm pretty sure I've seen that ship before... Anyway, it looks really strong and dangerous with all these cannons and stuff... Very nicely done.

It's a little thing, but I really like the incorporation of the Enchanted Island baseplate in the background. It looks like the crew is going ashore! Makes it much more exciting and dynamic than just a ship on the sea.

Never underestimate European countries, Mister Phes! :pir-tongue:

No definitely not!

It's a little thing, but I really like the incorporation of the Enchanted Island baseplate in the background. It looks like the crew is going ashore! Makes it much more exciting and dynamic than just a ship on the sea.

It's a pity there's not a few more pictures of this diorama because I'd be interested in a closer look of the "shoreline". It appears to be using a couple of those baseplates.

Hi all. It is my ship built for exhibition in CZ in city Brno in 2008 pir_laugh2.gif first try of building the ship. Thank You

Edited by sipka

Wow, an ancient topic bump that actually makes sense pir_laugh2.gif

Always liked this impressive ship. Great build, especially for a first 'try'. Do you have any more info on this creation, more pictures, WIP shots, anything? Do don't happen do still have this lady intact sitting on a shelf somewhere, do you?

Btw, Brickhaven looked great. You need to do more pirate builds! default_moar.gif

Best regards,

KB

Sorry no own fotos. It was first exhibition where I build some exhibit pirate_oh.gif I´m member of Czechoslovak lego forum kostky.org. This ship was destroyed by bluecoats ages agopirate_look.gif Thank You. New pirate frigate is almost leaving the docks.pir_laugh2.gif

Nevermind. Well, sinking pirate ships is what Bluecoats do occasionally pirate_wink.gif

I edited the first post, naming you as the creator. If you want to, state a name for this ship and we'll have the topic title changed accordingly.

Glad to hear you're working on a new ship thumbup.gif

Keep it up!

She looks like a rather imposing remake of the classic Skull's Eye Schooner...with an extra mast! Good design overall and the addition of the boats and all those figs (rowing to shore?) makes a nice composition. Didn't get many replies back when it was first posted but then maybe that's the nature of non-owner posts. Can't wait to see that new frigate!