Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Conclusion

star_trek_mafia_2_banner.png

Conclusion - All Good Things

img_3040.jpg

"Well, we've decided on you, Deanna." Riker said.

"Fine, but you better have my ice tray ready. Or my billion dollars." 

With a pop, she vanished.

img_3041.jpg

"Is that it?!" Wesley asked. "Did we win?"

"Well, I won at least." Riker replied.

"Yes, I know. We won! Yay! That's a funny way of saying that we both won." Wesley said.

img_3042.jpg

"Actually, young Wesley, you lost." Q said, appearing behind him.

"What do you mean? Riker's strategy of coasting under the radar and taking advantage of confusion was actually a scum play??"

"Yes. Well Picard, you and your friends can come back now!"

img_3043.jpg

With another flash and snap, the entire crew appeared on the bridge.

"Do you mean to say that this is over now, Q?" Picard asked.

"Yes. yes. You can go on your archeology expedition now or whatever you had in mind. I'll be watching though."

With that, Q vanished again, leaving the crew on their own.

img_3044.jpg

Congratulations to Commander Riker / Darkdragon for an excellent game!

img_3045.jpg

Kudos as well to Beverly Crusher / mostlytechnic for watching from the deadboard for ages!

---

There's a fair bit to say, but I'm hoping everyone at least had some fun! :blush: I've got Pirates II ready to go as soon as we've digested this. I'll have a sign-up thread for it Bob sucks, probably tomorrow or so. It'll be an anonymous game with more than 8 spots. I said it in the deadboard, but the days of Zepher's Eurodina have long past (a record 42 players!). We've been having to struggle to get a full sign-up load lately. I'm hoping that with Pirates II it might be different, perhaps if we advertise it more, maybe even on the front page. Anyway, here's the aforementioned board:

https://123.writeboard.com/2vguy4f73dk9ts61ierjj1qp
Password is qpid

Players (2):
riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Darkdragon (scum)
wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora (town)

Lost in Space (5):
crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic (scum)
laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ (town)
data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99 (town)
worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi (town)
picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Lind Whisperer (town)
troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley (town)

Gah! I knew we should've axed Riker early!:laugh:

First of all @Hinckley I'm so sorry for putting you through all of that for freakin days. I feel horrible :cry_sad: There were certain things I did to seem like unquestionable town and I guess it worked. It was really hard for me, especially extending the days to be even more townie.  I wanted to change my vote at the last minute but was worried Pandora was lurking invisibly and you guys would instantly vote me together.  I'll hve to find the exact thing you said but you did figure out my whole plan around....Day 3 or 4 and posted it but convinced yourself it couldn't be true.

That was the hardest I've ever worked in mafia, as town or scum :laugh:  Thank's Bob!

Darkdragon, that was truly impressive. I think I had more fun watching from the deadboard than I'd have had still alive. You nailed being active enough to not be suspicious, but quiet enough to let them all fight it out :) 

On day 1, I thought the game would be over. With my original scum buddy not showing up, I expected the game to just get rebooted. Actually had conversations with bob about that. But then he found a replacement and decided to keep going, and what a great move that was from the host seat. 

Sorry for over role-playing and getting myself lynched for it :) Seriously all, I was just joking around on day 1 with accusing Wes of being my scum buddy, and the "deliberate bad logic" and all that. It was just a joke and got turned into so much more by you all... I voted for Riker early on since he wasn't around, it made it easy to justify a vote and retract it once he showed up. Turns out it went well since you all assumed I wouldn't have started a vote on my scum-buddy :excited:

3 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I'll hve to find the exact thing you said but you did figure out my whole plan around....Day 3 or 4 and posted it but convinced yourself it couldn't be true.

I remember it. Not sure how much credit I deserve for it since I was suspecting everyone. I believe it started with "Has anybody actually looked at Riker's posts???" Yes, I was distracted from the real Scum by the even realer Scum, Wesley! God damn, Wesley. I even called you out for ignoring my questions. A couple of things you said pinged me like "I'll be back to answer any questions." It is helpful that we've mis-communicated so many times in the past I was like, "I just mis-understand her sometimes." :laugh:

Nicely done and no need to apologize. I choose to spend this much time obsessing over it. When Bob didn't give you your extra Daylight Savings hour, I kind of knew... :sceptic: But was also kind of hoping the reason I saw you both in PM was because you were telling him you had a busy day and thought you'd have an extra hour and still wanted to change your vote! :laugh:

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

Turns out it went well since you all assumed I wouldn't have started a vote on my scum-buddy :excited:

More like we over-assumed it away. :hmpf: I feel dumb, but it was still fun. where's the dead board? I want to see how many people thought I was Scum. Probably everybody?

I think my favorite thing about hosting these Star Trek mafia’s is Hinckley’s roleplay of a character he probably knows the bare minimum about. My favorite line was something like “I’m a nerd, but not that type of nerd.”

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

also kind of hoping the reason I saw you both in PM was because you were telling him you had a busy day and thought you'd have an extra hour and still wanted to change your vote! :laugh:

I was about to when he closed the day, but we were in PM because I asked him to wait for me to upload the movie :laugh:

Just now, Bob said:

I think my favorite thing about hosting these Star Trek mafia’s is Hinckley’s roleplay of a character he probably knows the bare minimum about. My favorite line was something like “I’m a nerd, but not that type of nerd.”

Bob, I love when you do the simple setup. So. Much. Fun. And yes, my head literally exploded several times. I am now dead. Now let's do one with anonymous accounts and Night Actions, please. :laugh: 

Just now, Darkdragon said:

I was about to when he closed the day, but we were in PM because I asked him to wait for me to upload the movie :laugh:

I got nervous a couple of times today when I saw you login, sit in the thread and just let the time expire. I was like "Is she actually reading any of this?" I think I made some really great points about how Scummy Pandora was. :laugh: Sorry, Pandora! At least we lost hard together.

Ahahah this is great, well played everyone, and especially team Scum! :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Bob, I love when you do the simple setup. So. Much. Fun. And yes, my head literally exploded several times. I am now dead. Now let's do one with anonymous accounts and Night Actions, please. :laugh: 

I got nervous a couple of times today when I saw you login, sit in the thread and just let the time expire. I was like "Is she actually reading any of this?" I think I made some really great points about how Scummy Pandora was. :laugh: Sorry, Pandora! At least we lost hard together.

Oh yes, you proved without a doubt you were town, I was just too much of a coward at the end to say so.

I did have my voice actors record a line for the end of my film to use if you guys voted me in the last moments though. That's how nervous I was!

It was great. I'm so glad it's over.

Oh yeah and all that time spent analyzing was not a lie. It was exhausting! The only way to look town is to be town, that was my plan.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

More like we over-assumed it away. :hmpf: I feel dumb, but it was still fun. where's the dead board? I want to see how many people thought I was Scum. Probably everybody?

Deadboard is https://123.writeboard.com/2vguy4f73dk9ts61ierjj1qp, password qpid. No one really placed guesses... and I refused to give any hints :) 

I think what this game showed is how dependent we are on night actions. When there's no investigations or night kills to analyze, EVERYONE can look town and then it's just picking at tiny details that can be argued as scummy to lynch each day. But man was it fun to watch....

I’ll have to host another game based on this in the future. Probably the long awaited Excalibur sequel, potentially with more players.

:laugh: Well, I said if you were scum you deserved the win @Darkdragon well played, and thank you to you and @Lind Whisperer for stepping in and keeping the game going. It was awesome of both of you to do that. 

I think that was my first @Bob game; thanks for hosting Bob, and thanks for letting me play. @KotZ it's possible you might think I have some vendetta against you (you might not think that, I dunno) but I can honestly assure you I don't. I felt super bad going after you two games in a row, and even worse when you came back town, sorry man.

@Hinckley you get to keep the ice tray :wink: and at least I wrote you a play. Wanna go halves on some therapy? :laugh: 

Good game everyone. :thumbup: 

I don't think I have the time and energy to play the next game, but I think maybe @Rufus might be interested. :look: 

Great game, Darkdragon, and funny (and accurate) video!

23 minutes ago, Pandora said:

@KotZ it's possible you might think I have some vendetta against you (you might not think that, I dunno) but I can honestly assure you I don't. I felt super bad going after you two games in a row, and even worse when you came back town, sorry man.

No worries, no grudges or thoughts about vendettas. It happens in a game.

25 minutes ago, Pandora said:

@Hinckley you get to keep the ice tray :wink: and at least I wrote you a play. Wanna go halves on some therapy? :laugh: 

Hell, yes! Dear Lord, I love you, woman!! :wub:

@KotZ I do have a vendetta against you. :tongue:

Just now, Hinckley said:

I do have a vendetta against you. :tongue:

Oh I know you do. And I've got one against you, Karen.:laugh:

Thanks for all the congrats everyone :pir-classic:  It was pretty exciting and nervewracking for sure.   I think the only reason I could do it was that nobody expected I could, because of past performances.  Now I'm afraid I'll never have trust again :head_back:, and probably not even if I'm verified by Hinckley!

54 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I think the only reason I could do it was that nobody expected I could, because of past performances.  Now I'm afraid I'll never have trust again :head_back:, and probably not even if I'm verified by Hinckley!

Well based on that, next time I'm scum I'll win FOR SURE. :iamded_lol:

And I'll be VERY sure to pepper everything I post day 1 with lots of :sarcasm_smug: and :tongue: and :wacko: and even some :moar: