merc

[OL- Troop Raising] New Artillery Companies

Given how the recent raids and unpredictability of the Lotii forces, the newly arrived 2nd artillery company was training with the 3rd colonial artillery company at Breshaun.  The choice to use 6 pounder cannons was due to be the obvious choice of mobility as well the ability to inflict damage.

49642122987_7613030705.jpg 

Dear General Duval

Your choice of a the two companies training together was an invaluable experience. Your recommendation to use 6 pounders instead of the lighter 4 pounders will be beneficial when trying to inflict causalities on enemy forces. Should the Lotii try to strike, we will be ready.

Company Captain

Andre Dubois

Addendum. 2 Companies Raised in Breshaun 3/9/20

Edited by merc

A proud company of artillerymen we have here, I like the variety of minifigs. I'd like to see more details about these 6 pounders, it's really hard to distinguish on the pic.

Nice figbarf, I always like your use of "metropolitan" and "colonial" soldiers (even if in this case the metropolitans are the ones from New Oleon, while the colonials are the European-looking ones, strange thing! :tongue:). Since I'm not completely satisfied by my field artillery design I would like some close-ups of the cannons too, if possible!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:00 PM, Bodi said:

I like the variety of minifigs. I'd like to see more details about these 6 pounders, it's really hard to distinguish on the pic.

21 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I would like some close-ups of the cannons too, if possible

I'd like to see some close-ups of the cannons and figs, too. I feel with the one overview photo and nothing else that much of the excellent work is hidden. It initially looks like just a figbarf, but you've done some really good work here; show it off!

19 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

they will not take me away from the idea that something is brewing...

You and me, both … :pir-oh:

The Joint command of the Royal Navy and Army is definitely eyeing this with some suspicion! :pir-grin:

Excellent set of troops - both their general design and their implements (particularly rammers and slowmatch!). I too would love to see a close-up and potentially breakdown of the guns - when I tried yesterday, gun designs turned out to be... difficult! :pir_tong2:

On 3/9/2020 at 10:00 PM, Bodi said:

A proud company of artillerymen we have here, I like the variety of minifigs. I'd like to see more details about these 6 pounders, it's really hard to distinguish on the pic.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Keymonus said:

Nice figbarf, I always like your use of "metropolitan" and "colonial" soldiers (even if in this case the metropolitans are the ones from New Oleon, while the colonials are the European-looking ones, strange thing! :tongue:). Since I'm not completely satisfied by my field artillery design I would like some close-ups of the cannons too, if possible!

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'd like to see some close-ups of the cannons and figs, too. I feel with the one overview photo and nothing else that much of the excellent work is hidden. It initially looks like just a figbarf, but you've done some really good work here; show it off!

8 hours ago, Bregir said:

Excellent set of troops - both their general design and their implements (particularly rammers and slowmatch!). I too would love to see a close-up and potentially breakdown of the guns - when I tried yesterday, gun designs turned out to be... difficult! :pir_tong2:

Thank you for the compliments. I agree with you all on the quality. I am not to happy with the way it came out and I feel as though the photo doesn't do these troops justice. The problem I have is that two little Oleans take up a lot of my daylight hours so I am reduced to using lamps and regular lights. :laugh:

Below is a picture of the cannon and a breakdown version. I cannot take all the credit. I did get some inspiration from Greyson over on Flickr. For some reason the black is not displaying well in the photos. I may try and play with the color scheme to help.

49649634288_e376cb121f.jpg 

As far as suspicion goes. You only need to be suspicious if you have something to hide. :pir-grin: