o_1e2v8t1md1kbvfg0liq1eognkts.png

o_1e2v8t1md1v31kfksjc5bt8ngt.png

o_1e2v8tqvuqes4rv20i18fj3e17.png

o_1e2v9b06f1g4d1vd4ou43vljs91e.png

o_1e2vifjh2k02ns1u2v1a671uujm.png

o_1e2v9b06fn6c15hc6it21k1b8q1f.png

o_1e2v9c8711l7jodp14itstd11si1q.png

o_1e2v9jd3h1jgl132ettq1vmt1e2027.png

! Minifig scale ! This SPECIAL EDITION Star Wars Diorama recreates one of the most iconic scenes in the Original Trilogy: the Boarding Assault on Princess Leia's Ship Tantive IV by Darth Vader and his Stormtroopers from Star Wars: A New Hope ...

Tantive IV features the iconic Main Corridor including the round shape design and a smoothly sliding Airlock Doorway, that reveals an indicated Imperial Hallway behind to recreate the Borading Assault, as well as 2 more Doors which lead to the Side Corridor where Princess Leia records her message in R2-D2, including atmosphere tanks and piping on the left and right side, and to the Operations Forum where Captain Antilles gets interrogated by Vader. You can access the Forum also by the Side Corridor.

All 3 included rooms have the exact same arrangement as in the movie, and every single one of them was designed to be as accurate as possible. You can access the rooms by many different angles. This Diorama MOC especially features a ton of accurate details which are difficult to put in words, but you can appreciate them by taking a closer look on the pictures stated above ;D. The entire build is extremly sturdy which allows you to grab the whole build without falling apart, and every detail is securely locked in place.

The 270 degree wide open diorama look allows you to take professional shots of scenes with your minifigures, reenact moments from Star Wars: A New Hope or Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, or just display it on your shelf. Recreate the Imperial Borading Assault, C-3POs search for R2, Leia's very first appearance on Star Wars where she records her message in R2, Antilles Interrogation by Vader, or Leia's hide from the searching Stoormtroopers!

--> Purchasable Instruction Manual and XML-Parts List available in my own shop: https://payhip.com/TheCreatorr 

You can follow me on flickr or take a look at more Star Wars MOCs of mine: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-creatorr/ 

What do you guys think? :wink:

:excited: Please note, that you can get the Instructions for this MOC in my own shop. And even if you only want to know how some building techniques works for this build, you can cleary use my Intructions for inspiration! As we all know, LEGO delivers a huge amount of freedom for building our most beloved scenes from SW.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:07 PM, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

I really dig this - I'd love to see this built with some appropriate Star Wars Minifigs in it PLUS a Minifig filming crew on the outside!

@DarthTwoShedsJackson Following minifigs will be displayed in the MOC: Leia with Cape and DS-plans, R2, 3PO, Vader, 5x Stormies, 6x Rebel Fleet Troops, Cpt Antilles :wink:

On 3/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, WTFett said:

Super cool :thumbup:

@WTFett Thans man! Can't wait to show pics of the real-built model :classic:

Finally, all parts arrived and I stand ready to start building my Tantive IV Diorama ;D

o_1e3kl4q6faci12ph1k6ghs71b3um.jpg

Edited by TheCreatorr

Your MOCs keep getting better and better. Would love to see you take a stab at Vader's meditation chamber from The Empire Strikes Back. Would go great with your star destroyer bridge.

14 minutes ago, LegoCalrissian said:

Your MOCs keep getting better and better. Would love to see you take a stab at Vader's meditation chamber from The Empire Strikes Back. Would go great with your star destroyer bridge.

@LegoCalrissian Thank you man! Appreciate it very much :classic:

Fun fact: I tried many times to design the meditation chamber from the Executor, but every time I got hang up at the claws and their seamless interlocking. But I will definetly revisit this build, I love the Star Destroyer so much and it would be a shame not to have this rebuild with LEGO-bricks ;D. It's already on my to-do list :thumbup:!

Also, I'm currently designing a Cloud City Diorama, so stay tuned for that one. I can proudly say about the things I already accomplished there, that it's a million times better than the 75222 ;). 

Edited by TheCreatorr

4 minutes ago, TheCreatorr said:

@LegoCalrissian Thank you man! Appreciate it very much :classic:

Fun fact: I tried many times to design the meditation chamber from the Executor, but every time I got hang up at the claws and their seamless interlocking. But I will definetly revisit this build, I love the Star Destroyer so much and it would be a shame not to have this rebuild with LEGO-bricks ;D. It's already on my to-do list :thumbup:!

Also, I'm currently designing a Cloud City Diorama, so stay tuned for that one. I can proudly say about the things I already accomplished there, that it's a million times better than the 75222 ;). 

Awesome to hear. Yes, I've never seen a good meditation chamber. If anyone could do it, my money is on you.

14 hours ago, LegoCalrissian said:

Awesome to hear. Yes, I've never seen a good meditation chamber. If anyone could do it, my money is on you.

@LegoCalrissian I think this one is the best out there: 

CptBrick_LegoStarWars_ABadDayForAdmiralP

But it's true, every design out there has it's flaws, especially in terms of gaps by closing the two claw-parts. 

I promise you, I will do my best :wink: 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:56 AM, Ellisss_2 said:

Looks great, I love the rounded doors!

@Ellisss_2 Thanks!

Also, I think the 1x2 Ingot pieces in white are perfect to recreate the wall-cubes. After LEGO released these pieces in white just a few weeks ago in 2 new 2020 sets (was long overdue!), I had to design this Tantive IV-Diorama. 

Seriously, I waited about 2 years to get this piece in white for exactly this reason :laugh: :

DSC06291.jpg

99563.png

On 3/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, Makin Bacon said:

Agreed on the doors, the macaroni tubes are perfect. The wall details in the grey corridors are also excellent.

@Makin Bacon Thanks man :wink:! To be honest the macaroni design isn't originally from me, I saw this picture and thought it is the perfect piece to recreate this very special and iconic shape: 

Part 2 - Imperial Attack 02

I tried 8 different shaped versions for the Side Corridor-walls, until I finally came up with this design :D. 

This is an awesome build! I agree with the previous notes from others that the doors are a magnificent design. I like the small touches you put into this model such as the 20th anniversary sticker! 

I'm not sure how I haven't seen all of your MOCs before but they're excellent. You have a very distinct design that I'm sure would look awesome putting them together into a skyline type of display.

I am no expert but the white corridor looks very realistic and your real-build action shot looks cool! I am not entirely sold on the idea of the side corridor being at the back and providing what looks like to be fairly limited access to pose the minifigures (letalone some play) and I am not sure how one would ideally display this model, but that might be me not being a diorama guy.

I am curious about the elbow piece design in the ubiquitous doors :) When you first posted the renders, after looking at them I had the impression that the elbow tubes ever so slightly interfere with the slopes which frame up the corners (both the regular 45 degrees on the bottom and the inverted 45 on the top). Is it all fine with the real build? It looks so from your picture, although it doesn't really provide a detailed shot. Speaking of which I hope you plan to take more pictures with the posing minifigs! The empty renders don't do the model enough justice.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:11 PM, Cjd223 said:

This is an awesome build! I agree with the previous notes from others that the doors are a magnificent design. I like the small touches you put into this model such as the 20th anniversary sticker! 

I'm not sure how I haven't seen all of your MOCs before but they're excellent. You have a very distinct design that I'm sure would look awesome putting them together into a skyline type of display.

@Cjd223 Thanks for your thoughtful comment, really appreciate it :wink:! Even though the printed 2x4 tile with the "20th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars"-logo cost around 7$ each (:grin:), I thought it would have been a missed opportunity not to get this piece. I think it adds more uniqueness to the build, and honors the Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars legacy. 

Yep, indeed, I try to build my MOCs in a similar way, especially my Death Star and Hoth Echo Base room-based MOCs. By this means you can combine them in a modular way.