Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB 1 March 620] [LDD] The Parcae.

Off New Nassau shore, here are the Parcae :

The class 5 topsail Schooner Lachesis, the class 5 Brigantine Clotho and the class 5 Brig Atropos.

4kg2.png

More pics to come and a dedicated topic by ship ASAP. C&C welcome as usual.

Nice ones! Somehow the background (sky, clouds etc) completes the whole picture. Can we have a close up or two of the ships for "inspirational" purposes?

I like the composition of the ships although many details are missed because there are not so many pics.. Would love to see more!

It will be 3 dedicated topics...

With numerous pics and closer looks ( the 3 figureheads for example )

One by ship, but I was short of time.

And I wanted to introduce the trilogy on a only picture because of the Parcae touch

I certainly don't intend to cut your creativity thread, I really really appreciate the reference, and admittedly it's kind of hard to depict ships that are supposed to present sisters as too different from each other.

That said, given the fact you're building digitally, I think that at least the middle and the left side ship look too much alike to warrant multiple licenses. Of cause I'll be waiting for more pics to hopefully change my mind. But what strikes me as a few changes in hull colors, and a slightly different sail plan doesn't seem to me as 'efficient effort'. Especially as even the minigs are (mostly) the same and in the same poses. Had you built your ships in real bricks and placed them next to each other as you did, I wouldn't have the slightest issue, as you still would have spent hours (and a lot of very real bricks) to assemble your creations. But digital builds just require copy+paste and some minor modifications to achieve the same effect. Thus you could come up with a whole fleet in a matter of mere minutes/hours - which cannot be in the spirit of the building part of this community game.

If you want to challenge yourself, try to come up with a sister-ish look by using different custom hull designs, or go for a complicated rigging, or depict minifigs in 'natural' motion (so simply irl, yet soooo annoying when building digitally), or create a rough, stormy sea, etc...

I get it's that time of the month where everything must be rushed - but I just know you can do better :wink:

Oh, and I wanna see this scene rendered :excited: