Versteinert

[MOC] Castle/Fantasy Figbarf

This is my first Figbarf. Hope you like it.

This started when I thought of how a Falcon Knight would look like if Lego would produce it now with now available figure parts and accesories.

Once I started building, I thought of making a figbarf with only classic Castle figures. For me these are especially Falcon- and Lion-Knights, since these were the ones I played with when I was a child. Since I somewhere read that a figbarf has to contain at least five minifigs, I had to add some further characters.

So I extended my two-figure-classic-castle-not-figbarf with some figures that could be settled in fantasy era, to not deviate too far from my original idea.

No custom parts or cut rigids, only original Lego parts.

49634949821_e8c6c93ff4_c.jpgCastle / Fantasy Figbarf by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Nice collection of fantasy minifigures! ? The two-headed one is very clever and I like the goblin’s axe. I’m not keen on fleshies myself, but appreciate that tastes vary in that regard.

Incidentally, I’m not a mod but I think this thread belongs in the Minifig Customisation forum.

The yoke carrier is brilliant and I've never seen that technique before. I still cannot work it out, what holds the yoke? I cannot see a neck bracket or anything. Is it just gravity holding it on as he seems to be leaning forward.

I already commented on Flickr but I have to add that sitting here and trying to figure out the internals of that double headed orc is a treat!  And I find myself wishing that the horns showed a muscle bulge but that was certainly a very creative solution and probably a colossal pain to pose. :laugh:

At first glance I thought you used the two-headed armor from BrickWarriors for the left orc ogre and thought "cool, I gotta get me one of those". But then I realised that it's all brick-built. It looks very fragile but it really does look amazing for a photograph!

Edited by Frike

First thank you all :)

@AmperZand Actually I first built the figures with yellow heads. But due to a discussion in another forum, I changed them to light nougat ;)

@Hobbythom @MAB @Kai NRG Main part in the ogre (no orc! ;) ) is a black sausage with three bar 1L with clip fixed to it. One positioned in the middle with the rod pointing down (connecting to the stomach and lower body), the two others positioned next to it as near as possible pointing up (heads attached to them). To each end of the sausage there is one arm attached.

To the left leg (the one that isn't bent) of the bucket carrier there is a plate, round 1x1 with handle (25893), attached. This holds a droid arm, which again holds the droid arm you can see above the figures shoulders.

@Kai NRG Yes, the bucket carrier needs a bit more training. Best for these arms would have been if I at least had stuck a cut rigid to the hands. But as I am a purist I couldn't do this ;)

@Frike I'd love if Lego would produce something like the armour from BrickWarriors. I would buy it instantly. My ogre isn't as fragile as it might seem. Only problem are the short sausage ends that hold the arms, so they can easy fall off.

@UsernameMDM This was the reason I began building this figbarf ;)

Very nice figs.  I like the ogre and the posing for all of them is great.  Some really nice techniques there.  

It's amazing how good those old Falcon and Lion castle torsos look when paired with modern legs, hair, etc. And the arms for the water-carrier are pure genius!  The orcs are awesome, too. As figbarfs go, this is an A+!

On 3/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, Versteinert said:

@AmperZand Actually I first built the figures with yellow heads. But due to a discussion in another forum, I changed them to light nougat ;)

Whaaaaat?! They were originally lovely yellow and you fleshified them? Pardon me while I burst into tears ???

2 hours ago, ramofont said:

could you put a picture of the back of the minifigures?  thanks.

Seconded. In fact, if you could post pictures of how you constructed the ogre and the yoke-bearer, that would help immensely. I think I understand your description above, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by AmperZand

That bucket carrier is going to give me nightmares with his twig arms. Great work on all of them, though! And as much as I'm a yellow-headed guy, they do look great as fleshies.

Fantastic figs!  I need to step up my game and put one of these out.

Echoing previous comments: Love the axe, the two headed ogre is fantastic.  I love the look of the Falcon fig.  If the severed head stayed fleshie but the classic figs were classic yellow, I would have lol'd harder.  Very creative use of parts! Well done!

Thank you all, I'm glad you like it :)

@ramofont @AmperZand

49652692498_1daf029e33.jpgWasserträger by Versteinert, auf Flickr

49653505787_80eb16dcfc.jpgDoppelkopfoger by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Hope you can see the construction of the ogre. My explanation wasn't right. In an earlier version I used two rod 1L with clip to attach the heads, in this final version I used the plate, modified with clip.

Brilliantly creative, love seeing different methods to create interesting poses. Despite that I think my personal favourite is the chap in the middle.