I found it odd that there aren't a whole lot of Spongebob MOCs out there, considering how popular the franchise is. So I took that as an opportunity to create a LEGO Krusty Krab since, well I'm going to be honest, most MOCs and both LEGO sets of the restaurant didn't do it justice. I went into this pretty cocky at first, until I realized just how difficult it ended up being. :laugh: I tried to include as much stuff from the cartoon as possible, which resulted in a pretty cramp interior. (The Krusty Krab in the cartoon defies all logic with it's interior.)

Well, I hope you like it!

49628381263_07284765da_b.jpg

49628898671_ea3253d6dd_b.jpg

49629168602_af97ae39c7_b.jpg

49628378118_9be88af1da_b.jpg

49628377208_5fa2078151_b.jpg

49628894476_1927d53543_b.jpg

49628893581_2415b2f031_b.jpg

More images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/exesandbox/albums/72157713389828171

Also on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/05a5e0a0-b0d7-4c07-9ec1-e39b5c053dd9

This is beyond fantastic. You captured every detail perfectly, even the nets outside. Although, Mr. Krabs’ proby isn’t too happy with that small pile of money on his desk. :laugh:

6 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

I found it odd that there aren't a whole lot of Spongebob MOCs out there, considering how popular the franchise is. So I took that as an opportunity to create a LEGO Krusty Krab since, well I'm going to be honest, most MOCs and both LEGO sets of the restaurant didn't do it justice. I went into this pretty cocky at first, until I realized just how difficult it ended up being. :laugh: I tried to include as much stuff from the cartoon as possible, which resulted in a pretty cramp interior. (The Krusty Krab in the cartoon defies all logic with it's interior.)

Well, I hope you like it!

49628381263_07284765da_b.jpg

49628898671_ea3253d6dd_b.jpg

49629168602_af97ae39c7_b.jpg

49628378118_9be88af1da_b.jpg

49628377208_5fa2078151_b.jpg

49628894476_1927d53543_b.jpg

49628893581_2415b2f031_b.jpg

More images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/exesandbox/albums/72157713389828171

Also on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/05a5e0a0-b0d7-4c07-9ec1-e39b5c053dd9

That looks by far amazing!!! I remember when I built my own modular version of The Krusty Krab using physical LEGO bricks years ago.

This is so nice!! So many details.  I wish you success in LEGO ideas so that we can have it in our collection!

This is amazing! Makes me imagine what it would have been like if Lego Spongebob had gotten a video game like so many other licensed themes.

This is fantastic!  I'm not a fan of Sponge Bob in the least, but I'm still supporting this fantastic creation on Ideas.  Nicely done!  :classic:

Just brilliant :thumbup:. Love the little detail of the safe behind Krab's office. 

I don't know much about Spongebob, but I know people of my 'generation' seems to like it when they are drunk/stoned, or both? (No experience with it).

So ... don't know much about it but the interior looks realy nice. All those things (details) gives it a underwater 'feel', also all those colors. It represents that coral thing ...
Also, like the details like the doors and cabinets.

This is absolutely amazing! I never thought a Krusty Krab build could ever be realised at this scale, let alone with this level of detail :wub: I really hope this gets the 10k votes, you deserve it :thumbup:

Absolutely incredible. Best MOC I’ve seen all year.

Only thing - wish the short legs on SpongeBob weren’t a solid brown still!

This will make 10k no question. And deservedly so. Superb, I hope it gets approved, licensing issues notwithstanding.

Amazing MOC!  And checking IDEAS, 460 supporters in 24 hours is pretty impressive!  This should become a set in my opinion, and if anything might, I’d guess this has a higher chance than the vast majority.

UCS Krusty Krab? I'll take twenty! :laugh:

Spongebob is without question my favorite franchise (Star Wars is second), and I would love this to be a real thing.

The detail is amazing, and incredibly accurate.

"Is this the Krusty Krab?"

Yes. Yes it is.

Excellent job! I used to watch the cartoon religiously and collect every LEGO set from that series. Looks stylistically accurate.

Full credit to you @Exe Sandbox. Not only have you defied the space available and got the details in that you have, but also the use of smooth surfaces and studwork really highlights the marine engineering element. My only critique - and it pains me to say it because this is such a good build - is that it looks like new. I’m not up enough on my brick knowledge to say what would work best for tired driftwood, so I’ll leave it on a high and say well done.

Wow! I grew up collecting the Spongebob sets, and they all have very nostalgic value to me. I remember getting the OG Krusty Krab in a beachside shop. This MOC rrrreeealllllyyy blows the other SpongeBob sets out of the water. Props!

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Full credit to you @Exe Sandbox. Not only have you defied the space available and got the details in that you have, but also the use of smooth surfaces and studwork really highlights the marine engineering element. My only critique - and it pains me to say it because this is such a good build - is that it looks like new. I’m not up enough on my brick knowledge to say what would work best for tired driftwood, so I’ll leave it on a high and say well done.

Looking at pictures of the Krusty Krab in show, maybe the best option is replacing the reddish brown with dark brown and olive green mixed together. It seems like a more accurate color palate, and would help give it that "drowned" look.