Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day Five

Just now, Lind Whisperer said:

If I wasn't at 4% percent, I'd post a montage of his "insights". And a count on his actual participation.

@Hinckley Troi, am I imagining Riker's participation? I think he's definitely been around and saying stuff, do you agree or no?

Some process. "Gee, can't be Troi, and Riker DESERVES to win if scum...must be Picard!"

Well, it's DESERVES to win for playing such a Town game and looking more like Town than you. :sceptic: 

Is it Riker that you think is the last scum? Why are you not scum? Would you like to make a case for yourself (a case for being Town, I mean, obviously)?

No snarkiness, genuinely, tell me/us why you're not scum. 

Just now, Pandora said:

@Hinckley Troi, am I imagining Riker's participation? I think he's definitely been around and saying stuff, do you agree or no?

Yes, and no. I think the point I made yesterday was that he was making just a few posts a day. It does worry me. I see your point as well that he's been on the level and seems to be working to figure this out and similarly exhausted with this. If you look through, I think today has been his most active day. At the same time, it's not like there isn't substance to the posts he made in days where he hasn't had much to add, I've seen him reading the old day threads. Today, I find him particularly active at posting and digging into the accusations. You know, it's a fucking crap shoot at this point. I'm stir-crazy and numb over it, all at the same time...

We've got three hours here. Everybody seems to be online. Picard, if you think it's Riker, why is your vote still on Wesley? As much as I don't want a Wesley lynch that far out of reach, it's a good question. I can just imagine the dead board screaming at us to lynch Wesley already. Or maybe they want you all to lynch me. I can't think that way. Gotta play in here and stay in here and knock all the other shit out of my head.

A little more than three hours left.

9 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Well, it's DESERVES to win for playing such a Town game and looking more like Town than you. :sceptic: 

Is it Riker that you think is the last scum? Why are you not scum? Would you like to make a case for yourself (a case for being Town, I mean, obviously)?

No snarkiness, genuinely, tell me/us why you're not scum. 

I guess that's personal taste. In my mind, participation/putting yourself out there, is a better game than staying hidden.

Maybe not more townie, but it's not right to stay low while people are putting so much effort in the game. 2%. Personal feelings, whatever.

I have absolutely no case. I don"t play that way.

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

We've got three hours here. Everybody seems to be online. Picard, if you think it's Riker, why is your vote still on Wesley? As much as I don't want a Wesley lynch that far out of reach, it's a good question. I can just imagine the dead board screaming at us to lynch Wesley already. Or maybe they want you all to lynch me. I can't think that way. Gotta play in here and stay in here and knock all the other shit out of my head.

A little more than three hours left.

Because Riker hasn't pinged me. Wesley has.

*I have no case... i.e., I don't defend myself.

Just now, Hinckley said:

Picard, if you think it's Riker, why is your vote still on Wesley?

Well, exactly. That's why I was asking if that was the case.

And his apparent 'ping' earlier notwithstanding, he's done a 180º switch in opinion about me. I've gone from not very scummy to very scummy in his eyes while it looked like I might be lynched instead of him.

Just now, Hinckley said:

We've got three hours here. Everybody seems to be online.

For now. I have maybe another hour or so, and I still have a whole load of [life] to deal with.

I guess that's personal taste. In my mind, participation/putting yourself out there, is a better game than staying hidden.

Maybe not more townie, but it's not right to stay low while people are putting so much effort in the game. 2%. Personal feelings, whatever.

But I think Riker has participated more than you have??

I have absolutely no case. I don"t play that way.

Because Riker hasn't pinged me. Wesley has.

*I have no case... i.e., I don't defend myself.

You... don't defend yourself??? If you really are Town, you are potentially screwing us over then. :wacko: 

You don't play that way?? I cannot understand this at all. If you really are Town and you're just giving up I am going to be so goddamn angry with you.

And I pinged you because of the way I said something? Over the internet?

My mind is boggling so much right now. I didn't think there was another level of insane.

Just now, Pandora said:

And his apparent 'ping' earlier notwithstanding, he's done a 180º switch in opinion about me. I've gone from not very scummy to very scummy in his eyes while it looked like I might be lynched instead of him.

For now. I have maybe another hour or so, and I still have a whole load of [life] to deal with.

No, I'd say that you're less objectively scummy than Riker. Nor have you really done anything objectively scummy that I haven't mentioned before. (Also, where did I inply that you made this sudden scummyness shift? Because I don't remember making ut.)

I've been waiting all game for any kind of a ping, a gut feeling to go off. I got it, Nothing to do with "scummieness" or who was being lynched. Can't even say it would stand out to anyone else.

But it stood out to me.

3 minutes ago, Pandora said:

You... don't defend yourself??? If you really are Town, you are potentially screwing us over then. :wacko: 

You don't play that way?? I cannot understand this at all. If you really are Town and you're just giving up I am going to be so goddamn angry with you.

And I pinged you because of the way I said something? Over the internet?

My mind is boggling so much right now. I didn't think there was another level of insane.

What's there to defend? I've posted almost every thought I've had almost as I had it. No blunders, no misposts. 

I'm not giving up; defenses are scummy, and I don't have anythibg to he defensive about. (If there's a specific point, clarify, 1%. )

Lynching me is a dumb move that will guarantee a tomorrow. But I have nothing to back me up, except my word, and my play. And begging to live, is a waste of both our time.

If I've really triggered your scumdar, please continue your vite and use the information tomorrow.

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 2 (Hinckley, Lind Whisperer)
Picard / Lind Whisperer - 2 (Pandora, Darkdragon)

A majority of 3 is required to lynch. About 2 hours or so remain in Day Five.

The more Picard talks the more it looks like flailing scum. This is my most active day? That could be true. This is the end, the day we finally catch the last scum. This should be everyone's most active day, I see it is Picard's. I even made sure to keep my phone charged because scum like to pull voting shenanigans at the last couple hours of the day - just look at what happened to Data.

I still find it laughable that you're calling my posts fluff when yours have nothing useful at all, you've even refused to elaborate or defend yourself. I'm over here trying to find the last scum and it seems clear I've found him days ago. Looking forward to the conclusion tomorrow if Deanna makes it back in time to vote.

32 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

No, I'd say that you're less objectively scummy than Riker. Nor have you really done anything objectively scummy that I haven't mentioned before. (Also, where did I inply that you made this sudden scummyness shift? Because I don't remember making ut.)

I've been waiting all game for any kind of a ping, a gut feeling to go off. I got it, Nothing to do with "scummieness" or who was being lynched. Can't even say it would stand out to anyone else.

But it stood out to me.

What's there to defend? I've posted almost every thought I've had almost as I had it. No blunders, no misposts. 

I'm not giving up; defenses are scummy, and I don't have anythibg to he defensive about. (If there's a specific point, clarify, 1%. )

Lynching me is a dumb move that will guarantee a tomorrow. But I have nothing to back me up, except my word, and my play. And begging to live, is a waste of both our time.

If I've really triggered your scumdar, please continue your vite and use the information tomorrow.

I'm not even going to break this up, only because I'm tired, not for any other reason.

I sort of, kind of, get why you're voting for me. I guess. You're wrong, but whatever.

Defences are not scummy, Town do it all the time. Everyone has been defending themselves, so by your logic that would make everyone scummy.  

You seem to me to be the most scummy of a really-not-very-scummy-at-all group. My vote is standing and I probably won't be around until after the end of the day. 

16 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I'm over here trying to find the last scum and it seems clear I've found him days ago.

Looking forward to the conclusion tomorrow if Deanna makes it back in time to vote.

Don't get too confident of yourself, it can easily backfire.

Or, you'll get a pass - like we gave Wesley after "It HAS to be Fworg!".

@Hinckley Yo!

7 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Defences are not scummy, Town do it all the time. Everyone has been defending themselves, so by your logic that would make everyone scummy. 

A-yup.

Still no indications from you as to what I should be defending.

I'm here. I fell asleep. Still 35 minutes left. I'm not sure what we could do. I don't like that we, yet again, didn't lynch Wesley. Maybe I'm stuck in tunnel vision. If Wesley is Town, it's a tossup between the other two. Picard, your voting pattern has worried me. Waiting to vote until the end of the day, choosing Forg and immediately saying you don't like it. Voting for yourself multiple times.

And yet, you could hammer yourself but you're not, so what happened to happily being able to vote for yourself? I was waiting to see if you would do that. I'm not sure what it would make me think if you did. Since you haven't, it looks-one again-like you're waiting to get the ability to kill and that you never actually intended to let a vote for yourself sit. That's a ping. That's what I've been waiting for, specifically. I am so unsure still. It is exceedingly odd that you find Wesley the Scummiest yet you beg us to look into Riker on Day Six or Seven. Obviously Six, there won't be a Seven, at least that. I mean, look at the URL or just to the top of the page. God, I talk SO. MUCH.

Whoever the final Scum is, you're doing a great job. Hats off to all four of us. And everybody who played this game. This is so. freaking. hard.

Unvote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)
Vote: Picard (Lind Whisperer)

:sceptic: And now shall I barf.

If Picard isn't Scum and I allowed a night kill, who would Riker or Wesley kill? Wesley would put me out of my misery? I hope to freaking God. She might kill Picard to get Riker to look more closely at me. Probably be easier to kill me and let Riker go after Picard again. Riker might kill me to frame Pandora, or vice-versa. Probably wouldn't kill Picard since Riker has gone after him every day and would easily choose him as a final lynch. Picard would probably kill Riker to keep Wesley and I after each other and avoid the person who has found him Scummy for three (or four?) days. It looks like there's a high percentage possibility I would die and be put out of my misery. Although, keeping the person around who allowed a night kill would be a great place to make everyone think I was the final Scum and wanted the final kill. Why am I going through this exercise? I don't know. The most likely way for us to see Picard's alignment is to lynch him because if he isn't Scum, nobody is likely to target him for a night kill, leaving us to wonder if it was him, still. If an hour from now, I'm sitting here with Wesley and Riker? ...

Fuck.

Part of Wesley's play today is that his anguish over what to do does feel like what I'm going through. Is his silver-tongue just masterfully mimicking me to make me feel this way? Or is he a Townie that is frustrated as I am. Did his case against me feel ridiculous? Yes. But it's hard for it not to feel that way when you know you're Town and it's the person you've voted for, for days and keeps slipping out of the lynch. I guess it's not entirely insane to suspect me. I guess I earned the reputation. Is this my Town game or am I that good at faking my Town game? I'm not. I suck at faking this. Over the top faking? That's a funny suggestion. Shows to me that I'm getting more neurotic the older I get. Why can't I ever be concise? If I can just get out of my own head for a bit and look at everything, it might be clearer. Anybody know how I can do that? :look:

:wacko: 12 minutes...

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 1 (Lind Whisperer)
Picard / Lind Whisperer - 3 (Pandora, Darkdragon, Hinckley)

With 3 votes, Picard has been lynched.

img_3027.jpg

"So you've decided to get rid of Picard then." Q said. "A bit of mutiny, hm?"

"I suppose so. Best of luck to you all." Picard replied.

img_3028.jpg

With the usual flash, Picard was gone, leaving only three left.