Zilmrud

News from the landlord

For a very log time Zamorah was hidden for all of Historica under a magical dome (read more about it here). Only a few selected people knew about the city on the mountain. Recently the spell was liftet and Zamorah was now visible for all, common people, nobles and all other inhabitants of the land. But it wasn't all good news. Many tribes had lived in the Zamorah shire for decades thinking that they lived in the wild lands. But now they lived Zamorah shire. To inform all of the shire the The Aurum Order (rulers of Zamorah) sent out heralds with troops so that they could spread the word and inform all of Zamorah.

49612787991_534f217523_c.jpg

In every corner of Zamorah there lived tribes of many different kind. Everything from orc bands to Tribes of Minotaurs and Cyclops. In the north west part of Zamorah Urag and his tribe lives. They are farmers and live of the land and has done so for many generations. The lands are wild and there is many dangers for Urag and his family. Two of the Urag's nephews Barq and Gunt has the very important task to protect the tribe from all kind f dangers. They have got some orc armor that they got from a old troll cave in the mountains. When they where patrolling the grounds man and elves came out from the bushes with raised bows and arrows pointing at them. They where told that they should stay calm and show the way to the tribe leader. More strangers came out from the woods, knights and heavily armed soldiers. Barq and Gunt realized that they where over outnumbered and surrounded so they went back to the house so that the strangers could meet Urag.

[49613046017_473ddac7fb_z.jpg    49612271018_0e61f341e1_z.jpg

Urag gathered his sons and his nephews and met the men. In the midst of the strangers there was a man without armor or weapon. When the tribe was surrounded by the troops the man came forward. He started to speak in common language. The tribes elder and spiritual leader Ashmat where the only one that understand the man, so he had to translate to Urag. The man called himself a Herald of Zamorah and said that he came in peace and that he had very important information about the lands where the tribe lived. 

49612270403_0f8bcbf1c5_z.jpg    49612787766_7e03355a1b_z.jpg

The herald told the tribe that they lived in the Zamorah shire and that they had done so all since they moved to this place many generations ago. Zamorah was aware that they lived on the lands and that the rulers of Zamorah didn't mind that. But now that Zamorah was visible to all of Historica the lands was in a risk of being invaded by evil forces. This would affect the tribe as well.

49613045897_085fcf7c7b_z.jpg

The tribe members started to whisper of bad omens and ill times to come. Every one was scared of this men and where very suspicious. Ashmat the elder told that he had seen this coming in his oracle bones for some time now and that they had o be careful and listen to the man. 

The herald then explained that they could live n the land free of tax if they would stay loyal to Zamorah if the and would be attacked and protect this lands. To help with this four of the tribes strongest men would get fine new armor and weapons free of charge. The herald showed some fine dark armor with inscribed with dragons in gold. This was a mighty gift for the tribe that would help them protect themselves. The herald also said that if they where i trouble Zamorah would send out troops to help. Urag was very pleased with this agreement and shook the heralds hand i agreement. 

Spoiler

In this build I got some help from my friend @Full Plate with the beautiful trees. See the tutorial here

49612270598_096bc09c09_z.jpg

49612786551_df375a59d4_z.jpg

I love this whole build.  The building looks great with the use of the plates for the walls giving some great texture.  The roof technique is fantastic and the color goes nicely with the rest of the build.  The rock work is wonderful especially around the small stream, I really like the vines coming down where the whole is for the stream going through the rocks.  The trees are nice.  The layered plates for the base is awesome and gives a nice view of the layout of the land. especially the areas between the green and the trail parts are.  You also have some nice flowers and plants that compliment the entire landscape.  The story is great and your figs are excellent.  Will there be more to this story?  Great job.  

Those trees go very well with the landscape, I like the layout but the little cottage has got to be my favourate! I also enjoy the story, and you seem to have nailed it on the camera angles here too! Great moc! :dsweet:

15 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I love this whole build.  The building looks great with the use of the plates for the walls giving some great texture.  The roof technique is fantastic and the color goes nicely with the rest of the build.  The rock work is wonderful especially around the small stream, I really like the vines coming down where the whole is for the stream going through the rocks.  The trees are nice.  The layered plates for the base is awesome and gives a nice view of the layout of the land. especially the areas between the green and the trail parts are.  You also have some nice flowers and plants that compliment the entire landscape.  The story is great and your figs are excellent.  Will there be more to this story?  Great job.  

Thanks! This is my first build with those 1x2 plates with rounded edges. They are great. Easy to make textures with round 1x1 plates and other plates. I got the idea to the roof when I saw  those slopes on the PaB wall. 

The stream was a easy way mig. I was at first thinking of doing a waterfall. But the little cave made it somewhat mysterious.

This is one of many single builds that tell parts of the story about the shire Zamorah. So there isn't any sequel planned for this build. But I'm sure that the cyclops will return in another build.

(The true story is that my friend @Full Plate was coming by, so I built this build so we could put his trees in a landscape :grin: . The story was a secondary thing that I came up with one night when I couldn't sleep) 

5 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Those trees go very well with the landscape, I like the layout but the little cottage has got to be my favourate! I also enjoy the story, and you seem to have nailed it on the camera angles here too! Great moc! :dsweet:

Thanks. I'm glad that we had two colours and that they fitted well in the colours of the landscape. I like take shoots in minifig 1st person view if I can =)

7 hours ago, Zilmrud said:

Thanks! This is my first build with those 1x2 plates with rounded edges. They are great. Easy to make textures with round 1x1 plates and other plates. I got the idea to the roof when I saw  those slopes on the PaB wall. 

The stream was a easy way mig. I was at first thinking of doing a waterfall. But the little cave made it somewhat mysterious.

This is one of many single builds that tell parts of the story about the shire Zamorah. So there isn't any sequel planned for this build. But I'm sure that the cyclops will return in another build.

(The true story is that my friend @Full Plate was coming by, so I built this build so we could put his trees in a landscape :grin: . The story was a secondary thing that I came up with one night when I couldn't sleep) 

Thanks. I'm glad that we had two colours and that they fitted well in the colours of the landscape. I like take shoots in minifig 1st person view if I can =)

That's great.  I've seen many of the other builds.  That's cool you built it with your friend.  It is a great story, sometimes you can come up with very interesting things when you can't sleep.  

Another really great build!  You have a lot of fantastic things going on here.  In particular, I really like the lime green incorporation.  It feels natural, and I don't see a lot of folks that can make it look like that.  Love the story of the cyclops and the gracious way the Zamorians deal with them.  You also do a great job using FullPlate's trees.  It's not always easy to incorporate someone else's techniques, and you did it well.  The hut looks great with the round plates and the olive roof pieces, and the wooden decorations above the door are excellent.  Definitely one of the better corn builds I've seen, too.  The new rock pieces thrown in really help break up the rockwork that usually looks very vertical.  One of my favorite parts is the huge minifig flower heads as giant petaled flowers.  My only critique is that the cave looks too rounded with the arch piece, like it was intentionally carved.  Could be what you intended, but it doesn't quite look natural to me; maybe a brick built arch would have helped.  Very small nitpick, though.  Outstanding work!

On 3/6/2020 at 4:35 AM, Grover said:

Another really great build!  You have a lot of fantastic things going on here.  In particular, I really like the lime green incorporation.  It feels natural, and I don't see a lot of folks that can make it look like that.  Love the story of the cyclops and the gracious way the Zamorians deal with them.  You also do a great job using FullPlate's trees.  It's not always easy to incorporate someone else's techniques, and you did it well.  The hut looks great with the round plates and the olive roof pieces, and the wooden decorations above the door are excellent.  Definitely one of the better corn builds I've seen, too.  The new rock pieces thrown in really help break up the rockwork that usually looks very vertical.  One of my favorite parts is the huge minifig flower heads as giant petaled flowers.  My only critique is that the cave looks too rounded with the arch piece, like it was intentionally carved.  Could be what you intended, but it doesn't quite look natural to me; maybe a brick built arch would have helped.  Very small nitpick, though.  Outstanding work!

Thanks Man! 

I tried lime for the first time in Miller's Gardens but this is the first time I incoperate so many green in the same build. Behind the house and in to the lime there's Bright Green, then Lime to green and green to dark green. Some pieces of that Yellowish Green with the lime as well. I'm glad you liked it. It was a bit of a test.

The new minifig flower headgear pieces is really nice. I bought a bunch as soon as I saw them.

I really agree with you about the cave. The rocks wasn't really a priority in this build. So it was only a fast setup. I built this in a few hours for another thing but thought it would fit for a story =)

Great build and nice hut! I always love to see these bigger builds with lots of details. The only thing that you could in my opinion improve is making the bridge (even though it is a nice one) more in the style of the hut, in this way it makes more sense with the story and the orcs being just farmers.

Lovely build buddy, great colourscheme and some very lush vegetation. Really like the overall composition and that roof works really well. Great job!

The tree trunks absolutely blew my mind!

Beautiful splash of colors and intelligent architectural choices. The fantasy-feeling of Zamorah always grabs my attention and curiosity. The bridge us very unique, and that cottage with the two trucks standing by the entrance is astonishing. Also, the variety for Zamorah's vegetation is splendid! Any enthusiast or scholar of the natural environment would have their hands full, here (@Aurore).

Outstanding work, mate. Always a joy to lose myself in the marvelous streets of Zamorah.

On 3/15/2020 at 6:28 PM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Great build and nice hut! I always love to see these bigger builds with lots of details. The only thing that you could in my opinion improve is making the bridge (even though it is a nice one) more in the style of the hut, in this way it makes more sense with the story and the orcs being just farmers.

Thanks! That's a great point! My thought was that the bridge where there before the cyclops built their house. But that's not clear in the build. A more simple bridge would look better ??

On 3/18/2020 at 9:38 PM, adde51 said:

Lovely build buddy, great colourscheme and some very lush vegetation. Really like the overall composition and that roof works really well. Great job!

Thanks man! Yeah the roof is Nice, a  typical PaB construction ?

On 3/19/2020 at 9:52 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

The tree trunks absolutely blew my mind!

Beautiful splash of colors and intelligent architectural choices. The fantasy-feeling of Zamorah always grabs my attention and curiosity. The bridge us very unique, and that cottage with the two trucks standing by the entrance is astonishing. Also, the variety for Zamorah's vegetation is splendid! Any enthusiast or scholar of the natural environment would have their hands full, here (@Aurore).

Outstanding work, mate. Always a joy to lose myself in the marvelous streets of Zamorah.

Thanks alot! The trees trunk designs is a Fullplate classic ?

Maybe I will build a MOC with only  vegetation ?. That would be nice