Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - Challenge III - Cat A] Seeing the Sights

1.png
Gilbert and William, from Emile's crew who staid back in Oleon territories, had been dispatched to the Kingdom of Lotus to see what was going on there. Gilbert was fond of the exotic apples that were native there; he had not seen this type of apple back home. William found the architecture most peculiar. He wondered how that entrance stood standing. It looked fragile.

2.png
2_2.png

Conversing with the citizens of the kingdom was rather tough. William was of Corrington descent and had fallen in with Emile's crew. Gilbert was an Oleander through and through. They found that many of their requests had to be communicated through pointing and miming. Gilbert felt a little silly. The people seemed friendly enough, though.

4.png

Nice little entry KotZ, I particularly like the use of the bar pieces for the pathway. The Torii is well done and the dark red looks great. The flowers look a little strange halfway down some of the stems, is that a rendering issue? (very clean render btw, i like it!). Good work!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice little entry KotZ, I particularly like the use of the bar pieces for the pathway. The Torii is well done and the dark red looks great. The flowers look a little strange halfway down some of the stems, is that a rendering issue? (very clean render btw, i like it!). Good work!

Thank you! I had an old Power Rangers Mega Blocks set (terrible of me, I know) that had a dark red Torii and I guess that's always struck me as what color they should be. It might be a rendering issue, or an issue when I imported the LDD file to Stud.io for rendering. I know in LDD I didn't push the petals down all the way, so there might be some issue with moving things over.

Nice mosaic, or is it right word to describe the pavement? I like the stream too, almost a must in far-east style gardens, and the torii looks good too.

Nice scene, the pavement in particular stands out! I like the dark red Torii and the minifig choice, good entry!

Nice little build, Kotz - I like the landscaping and the torii at an angle is nicely implemented. As others have said, the ingots work well as slabs for the street. Apart from being a bit shiny in places (mainly minifig heads) the render is very well done, which really helps presentation. I would also have liked to see the story give a bit more information on the Lotus society, but I like how you have plugged in a connection to your crew!