LM71Blackbird

[COR - Challenge III Category E] - Snakes in the Grass

[COR - Challenge III Category E] - Snakes in the Grass - Feb 620

Deep in the jungles of El Oleonda, Carnite forces have been attempting to hunt down Loti troops and so called squatter settlements. A small scouting party has gone ahead of the main expeditionary unit that has been following what they believe is a Loti Guerilla force deep into the dense jungle.

49598883237_e15051a3d9_b.jpgJungle 7 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

The small Carnite force has been moving at a steady pace, however they have found no evidence that the Loti troops they have been looking for have traveled this way. Exhausted, their new goal is to rest and refresh themselves at a small brook flowing through the heavy ground cover.

49598631416_5c14c414f1_b.jpgJungle 6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Unbeknownst to them however, the very target they are ''following'' is really following them.

49598134948_0137d09c93_b.jpgJungle 8 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Though armed to the teeth and capable of wiping out this small threat, they have been ordered to not attack unless absolutely necessary in order to afford the greater portion of the Loti forces to escape through the jungle and fight on another day.

49598883512_e8a182c0a0_b.jpgJungle 9 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

However, as the hostilities continue to grow, there is no telling what may become necessary in the midst of war. Only time will tell as to who will come out on top in this bitter conflict of nations.

-------------------------------------------

My entry for Category E. Easily one of my favorite creations in recent memory and really fun to stage the minifigs in. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

The pictures and story give a nice tense claustrophobic feel to me.  I really like it.

35 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

The pictures and story give a nice tense claustrophobic feel to me.  I really like it.

Then mission accomplished! Glad you like  the build. It's was really fun to build.

4 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

The pictures and story give a nice tense claustrophobic feel to me. 

Agreed. We're you deliberately channeling Vietnam war vibes?

Great jungle scene - I like how dense the vegetation appears. The bamboo is a nice touch and I didn't realise it came in lime green. I think it really helps break up the monotony you tend to see with bamboo stands that are all normal green. Nice figures as well, especially the armed to the teeth Lotii.

12 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Agreed. We're you deliberately channeling Vietnam war vibes?

Well, I'd be lying if I said the Vietcong didn't come to mind during the build process! 

4 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

That was a great read, thanks Blackbird! Definitely a wonderful story with a very colorful scene to go along with it.

Thank you very much! I'm glad that you liked it!

3 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Nice build! I like where this is going

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great jungle scene - I like how dense the vegetation appears. The bamboo is a nice touch and I didn't realise it came in lime green. I think it really helps break up the monotony you tend to see with bamboo stands that are all normal green. Nice figures as well, especially the armed to the teeth Lotii.

Thank you! The build has been ''complete'' for about 2 weeks, but I didn't take any pictures of it until the other day because I kept adding more vegetation to it! When you layer the three different colors of bamboo, I think it gives the look of growing bamboo, which I quite like!

Quite late at the party, but I had to comment! I like your build a lot, as others said it has a strong Vietnam War vibe! The vegetation is very well done, both with large trees and undergrowth. The colour variations made them more realistic and, therefore quite claustrophobic… well done!

7 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Quite late at the party, but I had to comment! I like your build a lot, as others said it has a strong Vietnam War vibe! The vegetation is very well done, both with large trees and undergrowth. The colour variations made them more realistic and, therefore quite claustrophobic… well done!

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to get the claustrophobic vibe across!

Nice vibes in this build !

We clearly not seing 17th or 18th Century soldiers here ! It has a real Vietnam war style ! Impressive !

Great job !

And it's the first Cat E entry ! Nice !

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Nice vibes in this build !

We clearly not seing 17th or 18th Century soldiers here ! It has a real Vietnam war style ! Impressive !

Great job !

And it's the first Cat E entry ! Nice !

Thank you very much! I'm glad the Vietnam war jungle style came through so nicely. That was one of my inspirations while building this!

I always struggle with wood/jungle scenes. But you did an awesome job! Great MOC, story and photographing :)

21 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I always struggle with wood/jungle scenes. But you did an awesome job! Great MOC, story and photographing :)

Thank you very much!