Mornicala

Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 games app running 2020?

Hello There

This is about the Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 games app, which is a wonderful game. My son loves LEGO NEXO Knights, he collected a bunch of sets and also NEXO Powers in the late phase of it and enjoyed of course also the game/app Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0. Unfortnunatelly, this is a bit outdated, but I am his costumer support ;-).

Now we have an issue to run the game/app.

We had it once on a device installed and properly running. Due to reasons (space) and briefly changed focus of LEGO themes, we deinstalled not knowing the faith of the APP. In the meantime the APP has been removed from the Play Store, but there is a fair amount of pages, where I can get the APP from (apk and OBB data). I can provide links if anyone is interested.

However, I cannot manage to make it run now properly, there are some settings on steps to consider for the installation, so I get it run there, but in the last step it asks for an wifi/net connection to “recall Merloks mermory”. I guess this is somehow an initiation of the game, can´t remember first time how it did, it did.

Now I get an error (in german) that the game cannot connect to wifi/net saying that during the loading an error occurred and I shall reload and check the connection. Well the connection isn´t the real problem and I tried reload various times, reinstallation and also on two other devices to see, even the one device initially installed where it worked years back – same result.

The questions are now:

Has any one experienced the same issue and found a solution?

Any Idea were to search for solutions or ideas? I screened googled intensely, but might have missed something.

Does anyone have the game still running and working?

I contacted the LEGO Helpdesk, contrary to feedbacks I have seen here to other topics, they are wonderful people, had no problem to call or to chat with them and they dedicated time for me, yet as there were not aware of the problem and could help. Just the feedback, yes the support is down, there will be no update or fixture of bugs, but they are not aware why it shouldn´t work and had not heard about the problem. I guess this Is cause the game is not played so much anymore, yet I noticed during my inquiries that a lot of people had problem to run the game (may be same reason), yet no result, but is looks as if people are still playing it. If the Lego Server is down for that, than the game should not work at all.

I would really appreciate any feedback, idea, help or sharing experiences to find a solution and make the game running again on our device.

Cheers,

Mornincala

Hello There

I am new here and found this forum due to my research on the following topic, defenetly I will stay and certainly not only for my actual issue.

This is about the Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 games app, which is a wonderful game. My son loves LEGO NEXO Knights, he collected a bunch of sets and also NEXO Powers in the late phase of it and enjoyed of course also the game/app Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0. Unfortnunatelly, this is a bit outdated, but I am his costumer support ;-) and he joined the NEXO Knights community then just two years too late, just at the ending. We were lucky just to meet Lance last year at the Legoland, even so most of the NEXO Knights themes and decoration had alredy been removed.

However we have an issue to run the game/app.

We had it once on a device installed and properly running. Due to reasons (space) and briefly changed focus of LEGO themes, we deinstalled not knowing the faith of the APP. In the meantime the APP has been removed from the Play Store, but there is a fair amount of pages, where I can get the APP from (apk and OBB data). I can provide links if anyone is interested.

However, I cannot manage to make it run now properly, there are some settings on steps to consider for the installation, so I get it run there, but in the last step it asks for an wifi/net connection to “recall Merloks mermory”. I guess this is somehow an initiation of the game, can´t remember first time how it did, it did.

Now I get an error (in german) that the game cannot connect to wifi/net saying that during the loading an error occurred and I shall reload and check the connection. Well the connection isn´t the real problem and I tried reload various times, reinstallation and also on two other devices to see, even the one device initially installed where it worked years back – same result.

Screenshot_2020-02-29-13-43-52.jpg.84b15bc27f346310c96587bbbb709186.jpg

Means:  

"Oops, mistakes; An error occurred while loading. please check your internet connection, restart the app and try again."

and below in shades:

"Retrieving Merlok´s Memory, please wait ... The very first contact may take a moment."

The questions are now:

Has any one experienced the same issue and maybe found a solution?

Any Idea were to search for solutions or ideas? I screened google intensely, but might have missed something and placed the inquiry also in an APP forum.

Does anyone have the game still running and working? Maybe just an ocassion to check it

Has any one and Idea what the game at the beginning does? I cannot remember what it did the first time, if it was downloading videos or additonal data. I have now something more of 400 mbs in the QBB and APK file, so I am not sure if something is missing and therefore it cannot start and tries to connect to somewhere.

I contacted the LEGO Helpdesk, yet there couldn´t help me much even there have been very supportive. Just the feedback the support is down, there will be no update or fixture of bugs, but they are not aware why it shouldn´t work and had not heard about the problem. I guess this Is cause the game is not played so much anymore, yet I noticed during my inquiries that a lot of people had problems to run the game (may be same reason), yet no result, but is looks as if people are still playing it. If the Lego Server is down for that, than the game should not work at all.

I would really appreciate any feedback, idea, help or sharing experiences on 2019 end or 2020 and the above issues to find a solution and make the game running again on our device.

may be it is just a matter to have that additional data in it.

Cheers,

Mornicala

Edited by Mornicala
typo

2 hours ago, Mornicala said:

Does anyone have the game still running and working? Maybe just an ocassion to check it

Game still runs for me on Android.

Hi, thanks for the feedback that are great news and gives me hope, that there is a way to restart it somehow.

I guesS you are running the game on continous basis (means without reinstalling), hence not faced any such issue.

I wondering, which version do you have? I gues the last one, 3.02

If it is not to much to ask, could you check on your device under the Android Folder:

Android\data\com.lego.nexoknights.merlok\files\

There is a LegoNex.log file, which is 0 kb, I guess this will be sorted during the game

Android\data\com.lego.nexoknights.merlok\files\Resources

if there is anything and possibly share a snapshot. My folder is empty

Android\data\com.lego.nexoknights.merlok\files\Vuforia

image.png.d4c73ba23c6193d0e53f8dfa8a90c2e7.png

This is just to understand a bit, where could be the gap.

Thanks a lot

Mornincala

Edited by Mornicala

Just to keep this alive.

I would be really happy for any feedback.

So far I could find out, that it is still possible to install the game, so far you have it somewhere, but the connection to the server fast ceased.

Hence the game cannot be initiated. If you have it running and want to keep it so, don´t deinstall it.

If it possible to transfer the game or this kind of initiation to another device, I can´t say

Therefore be welcomed to share any additional reccomendation or experience

Screenshot_2020-03-05-21-10-47.jpg.87a443c3086d374796300954a48f5670.jpg1814322618_Screenshot_2020-03-05-21-24-44(1).jpg.d3d5fb81c8198258054823be54d79525.jpg

Edited by Mornicala

On 3/2/2020 at 3:31 PM, Mornicala said:

Hello There

This is about the Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 games app, which is a wonderful game. My son loves LEGO NEXO Knights, he collected a bunch of sets and also NEXO Powers in the late phase of it and enjoyed of course also the game/app Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0. Unfortnunatelly, this is a bit outdated, but I am his costumer support ;-).

Now we have an issue to run the game/app.

The questions are now:

Has any one experienced the same issue and found a solution?

Any Idea were to search for solutions or ideas? I screened googled intensely, but might have missed something.

Does anyone have the game still running and working?

I contacted the LEGO Helpdesk, contrary to feedbacks I have seen here to other topics, they are wonderful people, had no problem to call or to chat with them and they dedicated time for me, yet as there were not aware of the problem and could help. Just the feedback, yes the support is down, there will be no update or fixture of bugs, but they are not aware why it shouldn´t work and had not heard about the problem. I guess this Is cause the game is not played so much anymore, yet I noticed during my inquiries that a lot of people had problem to run the game (may be same reason), yet no result, but is looks as if people are still playing it. If the Lego Server is down for that, than the game should not work at all.

I would really appreciate any feedback, idea, help or sharing experiences to find a solution and make the game running again on our device.

Cheers,

Mornincala

Hello There

I am new here and found this forum due to my research on the following topic, defenetly I will stay and certainly not only for my actual issue.

This is about the Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 games app, which is a wonderful game. My son loves LEGO NEXO Knights, he collected a bunch of sets and also NEXO Powers in the late phase of it and enjoyed of course also the game/app Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0. Unfortnunatelly, this is a bit outdated, but I am his costumer support ;-) and he joined the NEXO Knights community then just two years too late, just at the ending. We were lucky just to meet Lance last year at the Legoland, even so most of the NEXO Knights themes and decoration had alredy been removed.

However we have an issue to run the game/app.

Screenshot_2020-02-29-13-43-52.jpg.84b15bc27f346310c96587bbbb709186.jpg

Means:  

"Oops, mistakes; An error occurred while loading. please check your internet connection, restart the app and try again."

and below in shades:

"Retrieving Merlok´s Memory, please wait ... The very first contact may take a moment."

The questions are now:

Has any one experienced the same issue and maybe found a solution?

Any Idea were to search for solutions or ideas? I screened google intensely, but might have missed something and placed the inquiry also in an APP forum.

Has any one and Idea what the game at the beginning does? I cannot remember what it did the first time, if it was downloading videos or additonal data. I have now something more of 400 mbs in the QBB and APK file, so I am not sure if something is missing and therefore it cannot start and tries to connect to somewhere.

I contacted the LEGO Helpdesk, yet there couldn´t help me much even there have been very supportive. Just the feedback the support is down, there will be no update or fixture of bugs, but they are not aware why it shouldn´t work and had not heard about the problem. I guess this Is cause the game is not played so much anymore, yet I noticed during my inquiries that a lot of people had problems to run the game (may be same reason), yet no result, but is looks as if people are still playing it. If the Lego Server is down for that, than the game should not work at all.

I would really appreciate any feedback, idea, help or sharing experiences on 2019 end or 2020 and the above issues to find a solution and make the game running again on our device.

may be it is just a matter to have that additional data in it.

Cheers,

Mornicala

Anyone an Idea on this?

Hi, i just tried the app on IOS and have "of course" the same issue. It's just the problem all old apps with online features have. They only live for a certain time. LEGO apps die after the theme is closed. It is only a matter of time. I assume they just shut down the corresponding Nexo Knight Server where you authenticate yourself on starting the app new.

So everyone who have a working save state may be lucky. I assume the same will occure after Hidden Side will disapear in a few years to that app, too.

22 hours ago, gerkenz said:

Hi, i just tried the app on IOS and have "of course" the same issue. It's just the problem all old apps with online features have. They only live for a certain time. LEGO apps die after the theme is closed. It is only a matter of time. I assume they just shut down the corresponding Nexo Knight Server where you authenticate yourself on starting the app new.

So everyone who have a working save state may be lucky. I assume the same will occure after Hidden Side will disapear in a few years to that app, too.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I guess that is true. However, I got a feedback, that a recent download from an unnamed fan-site/plattform is working on a Huawei phone.

The person could share further details, as this is not a supported LEGO page and linked with a risk of course. But I wonder if this could be possible, as the person could have shared also the standard answer that the game is closed and done.

I am wondering now, if there could be still a workaround and someone has it.

Cheers,

Mornicala

The weekly events haven't worked for a long time now so there'll never be a full game experience, even with a working save, because the content servers are offline.

Edited by TeriXeri

Hello,
I want to contact someone from LEGO corp to make MERLOK 2.0 app operational again (people from call center were very polite but powerless).
I have established 2 sites to bring their attention.

If you know how to get to them or how to make it work please share.
Edited by vanpiel
site adress update

Not sure if this is still relevant to you @Mornicala - but just wanted to let you know that I have the german version reconstructed and running. Reach out if you still need any help. 

Edited by Grimmi

@Neverbrick

Thanks for that! 
I almost gave up

So far, I had no chance yet to test it myself, but that is really great!

@Grimmi, will try the proposed solution and let you know in case I might need some further help. Many thanks in advance.