Anio

Ledako scam !

Hi guys !

I just discovered that website : https://www.ledako.de/bauanleitungen-custom/

It is very obvious that all the plans they are (re)selling have been stolen from Lego fans.

It was quite surprised to see that it is not a Chinese website but German...

I sent a message to warn the owner and tell him what I think he is doing...

May I ask you to take action on this so that this scam stops this situation immediatly.

Thank you.

Nothing new. he also has a Bricklink Shop.

Edit: may sound rude to you anio, wasn´t meant to be. Ledako had some ebay listenings as well as Amazon, those companies give a s*** about it. Reportet him several times.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Yep, we had a discussion over the topic a while ago and the bottom line seems to be that there is very little you can do, unfortunately.
Raising any legal disputes would be unwise as it could track attention from Disney and be the end of selling any custom made instructions with any IP issues, particularly regarding Star Wars.

He has an eBay account, too. Maybe it's an option contact eBay on grounds of the "VeRi program".

It's always possible to give them a bad google recension. When enough people complain, maybe possible customers refrain from buying there.

edit: typo

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

3 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

It's always possible to give them a bad google recension. When enough people complain, maybe possible customers remain from buying there.

this is the way! I have left my feedback.

As long as these guys are making money, therefore commissions for merchant sites, no one will make any move to stop them unless they are counterfeiting expensive stuff like Vuitton bags.

One can only take a lawyer and sue them directly hoping for a significant compensation if lawsuit is successful

4 hours ago, macaron35 said:

One can only take a lawyer and sue them directly hoping for a significant compensation if lawsuit is successful

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

He does not only sell instructions, but also models built from these instructions, e. g. four Star Destroyers for 2.185,20 Euro each have been sold. In my understanding, he interferes with Lego's Star Wars License. Thus, in my understanding, Lego could do something.

Risking to repeat myself, I hope no one tries their luck with any lawsuit on these fraud sellers, because that would not stop the Chinese frauds anyway, but the bad thing that could very likely happen is that it would raise the issue to Disney's attention and possibly bring an end to the sale of custom instructions, minifigures or whatever under the Star Wars licence if Disney ends up being forced to take some action on it. Remember that selling any Star Wars related customs is illegal in the first place due to the copyright issues, because it is Disney who has the rights.

- Samppu

21 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

It's always possible to give them a bad google recension. When enough people complain, maybe possible customers refrain from buying there.

edit: typo

This is probably the most reasonable action one can try.

- Samppu

This guy is a bonafide scrub. I’ve dealt with him for at least 3 years. The best I’ve ever done was get them to take it down only to find it up again within a month. 

I like the idea of leaving bad reviews, that would be the cruelest way to gradually diminish their sales for a long-term future

Best thing!
From his terms!

§ 4 usage license for download products

(1) The download products offered are protected by copyright. You will receive a simple usage license for every download product purchased from us, unless otherwise stated in the respective offer.

(2) The simple usage license includes permission to save and / or print a copy of the download product for your personal use on your computer or other electronic device. Any further copy is prohibited. You are expressly forbidden to change or edit a file or parts thereof and to make it available to third parties privately or commercially.

Holy cow! :ugh:

7 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Best thing!
From his terms!

§ 4 usage license for download products

(1) The download products offered are protected by copyright. You will receive a simple usage license for every download product purchased from us, unless otherwise stated in the respective offer.

(2) The simple usage license includes permission to save and / or print a copy of the download product for your personal use on your computer or other electronic device. Any further copy is prohibited. You are expressly forbidden to change or edit a file or parts thereof and to make it available to third parties privately or commercially.

Holy cow! :ugh:

Holy moly! The good thing with google feedback is - we can edit it, after he stopped this awful practice.

What i regret is the lack of back up from Lego to the community.

The success of Lego relies on a strong community buying products and also bricks to build MOCs.

First, we have noticed that ever since they bought Bricklink, instructions were all removed to build MOCs while these instructions are definitely not Lego's property but the community's industrial property.

Second, Lego is protecting no one but itself against fraudulent sellers or manufacturers such as Chinese counterfeiters

Lego cares about its own business and that's it.

There is nothing sole individuals could do against those guys.

40 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

What i regret is the lack of back up from Lego to the community.

The success of Lego relies on a strong community buying products and also bricks to build MOCs.

First, we have noticed that ever since they bought Bricklink, instructions were all removed to build MOCs while these instructions are definitely not Lego's property but the community's industrial property.

Second, Lego is protecting no one but itself against fraudulent sellers or manufacturers such as Chinese counterfeiters

Lego cares about its own business and that's it.

There is nothing sole individuals could do against those guys.

Those who are affected, namely the MOCers themselves, have the primary responsibility to act in their own interest and on their own behalf.

16 hours ago, Samppu said:

Risking to repeat myself, I hope no one tries their luck with any lawsuit on these fraud sellers, because that would not stop the Chinese frauds anyway, but the bad thing that could very likely happen is that it would raise the issue to Disney's attention and possibly bring an end to the sale of custom instructions, minifigures or whatever under the Star Wars licence if Disney ends up being forced to take some action on it. Remember that selling any Star Wars related customs is illegal in the first place due to the copyright issues, because it is Disney who has the rights.

- Samppu

I got that. I can only speak from my personal experience. Until today, I sued private persons or corporations for four times. In all cases, money was an issue. but more importantly, it was about respect and not being played with. All four cases didn't go to trial because we reached a settlement or because the other party gave in to my demands before the trial started. So, if I were a MOCer and if I were emotionally affected by others exploiting what I perceive as my intellectual property, I would not care a single bit whether or not my actions may catch Disney's attention.

Edited by Brickadeer

6 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

I got that. I can only speak from my personal experience. Until today, I sued private persons or corporations for four times. In all cases, money was an issue. but more importantly, it was about respect and not being played with. All four cases didn't go to trial because we reached a settlement or because the other party gave in to my demands before the trial started. So, if I were a MOCer and if I were emotionally affected by others exploiting what I perceive as my intellectual property, I would not care a single bit whether or not my actions may catch Disney's attention.

I think you have been very lucky that they didn't go to the trial (if the question was about Lego Star Wars instructions, different thing for personal customs with no copyright issues to begin with). Disney's attention is a real risk. For example, Avanaut, the famous Lego SW photographer got badly hit by a serious lawsuit from Disney and was only saved by the Lego company who hired him in the aftermath. Again, we should remember that the copyrights are Disney's and anyone selling them as custom instructions etc. is already breaking the law in most countries. As we had it in the previous discussion: if you make only pocket money anyway, raising an issue probably wouldn't make a difference in your income. If you are making much more than some pocket money, you can end up in some serious trouble by yourself. I also consider it to be a true risk that Disney might try to take down all such businesses as a result, if a public lawsuit would force them to take some action, because as we saw with TLG buying the BrickLink, such major actions are possible.

Well, one option in hand is still that one can always try to bluff the frauds. :D Or sell only physical copies.

- Samppu

Edited by Samppu

I wonder if it's actually a scam. Not that I'd buy, but I wonder if he actually follows through