Sign in to follow this  
legoMoccer

[MOC] The Lighthouse

Just a rather large Lighouse on a lonely rock its 2570 parts, most of which are the internals for the tower, any thoughts or feedback would be great 

pXkwf8O.png

F8QWsyU.pngiU9Kr9r.pngbVTwapz.pngq1LXnnQ.pngq2fAwmO.pnge83VtU3.png

Nice work. I really like the rock work & other landscape bits. Looks like there’s a switch on the bottom there(black 1x1 rounds) what’s it do? 

nah its not a switch its meant to be a washed up bottle but the rendering engine i used didnt seem to like doing it so its black, the only feature is that a light brick can be added in the top so when you press the globe piece the lamp lights up

17 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

nah its not a switch its meant to be a washed up bottle but the rendering engine i used didnt seem to like doing it so its black, the only feature is that a light brick can be added in the top so when you press the globe piece the lamp lights up

Ah ha, yeah...I see it now. Guess zooming in originally would’ve answered that question. :tongue:

just want to say thanks to anyone from here who has supported this, i cant believe how fast its gone so far, my Nasa Spacecraft took almost a week to hit 100, this lighthouse has hit over 500 in just over two days its surreal 

Love it! I think it looks better with red with a nice contrast against the base. You mentioned there are a lot of bricks that went into the interior - would love to see what's inside if it's modular.

I think if this build was integrated into a city, it would look amazing. Added my vote.

i will take a render of the insides, i am sure it overly complicated and im sure the lego guys can do it easier, but i had to use a fair amount to get the right shaping, it is modular some what, the main tower can be removed from the stone work circle, which is why i would love to try and get a room down there 

thank you for your support 

qvdfhYY.png

this bit was a pain to get right, the only way i could centre the middle beam was to use axles so i could slide them to the centre 

VYnsPji.png

so the red and white tower pegs into these 3 round tiles and there is also 1x1s in each of the holes 

Edited by legoMoccer