Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[MOC] The Harvester

The Dawn’s Raiders Guild is an old organization that has been acting in the shadows for centuries. They specialize in salvaging equipments and ship’s parts from space battlefields. They excel at analyzing archives and other sources to locate lost ships or artifacts. Throughout their history, they never associated to any other faction, but sold items and parts to all. What they didn’t sold, or decided to keep to themselves, they used to build a fleet of transport ships, tugs, and what they’d need for their work. But they also assembled larger combat vessels and fighters to protect themselves.
The Dawn didn’t supported the rebellion in their fight against the Galactic Empire, but a few Raiders either helped them recover some parts or sold them with a special discount. In the recent years, they feared to deal with the First Order and so completely avoided them or the Resistance. But when captain Zar Mioln received Lando Calrissian's call for help, he decided to join the battle and set course to Exegol with his ship: The Harvester.

The Harvester is an ancient Zenith-class cruiser that served in diplomatic mission during the Old Republic. It was salvaged by the Dawn’s Raiders Guild somewhere in an uncharted quadrant of the outer rim. It was in relatively good shape, except for the port side of its hangar bay that was completely destroyed. The Raiders repaired the ship, while increasing its hangar bay size, and adding various feature that would help them in their operations, like a larger bay opening and powerful tractor beam projectors.
Under captain Zar Mioln command, the Harvester carries a fleet of tugs and utilitary crafts used to tear down large ships’ wreckages. And to protect its operations, it can count on a squadron composed of reassembled starfighters or bombers parts, what the corellians would call Uglies, but in a far efficient and elegant way due to the skills and resources the Dawn’s engineers have access to.

Zar Mioln personal fighter is the  Uterceptor, a salvaged U-Wing with Tie Interceptor wings mounted on the starboard side, and heavily armed. He leads a squadron composed of a few Z-Ceptors and X-Bombers.

My entry for the Assemble the Fleet contest.

49598630318_54c3e9478b_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49599144096_a6a2bc2de4_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49599127911_ed96cbfa84_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49598646028_882b6d0c9d_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49598630223_423a4054d4_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49599383427_3d277a9de3_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

49599383457_01c6b4fdfd_c.jpgThe Harvester by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Wow, I knew you were an AFOL and read a lot of your reviews/discussions.. So this shouldn't be such a surprise actually lol.

But in all these years this is the first MOC I've seen from you, and I must say I'm as impressed by the result as I was surprised to see one from your hand!

Brilliant greebling and shaping on that Harvester and I like how the little 2 piece ships are buzzing around it for a nice size contrast. 

Don't know what to think about that gray thing next to it... :oh:

From the thumbnail it looked like an enormous gray robot on a STAP.. I'd call that a micro Ugly if I ever saw one and I think I just did :laugh:

Great work and may the force be with you

On 2/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, Ravelino said:

Wow, I knew you were an AFOL and read a lot of your reviews/discussions.. So this shouldn't be such a surprise actually lol.

But in all these years this is the first MOC I've seen from you, and I must say I'm as impressed by the result as I was surprised to see one from your hand!

Brilliant greebling and shaping on that Harvester and I like how the little 2 piece ships are buzzing around it for a nice size contrast. 

Don't know what to think about that gray thing next to it... :oh:

From the thumbnail it looked like an enormous gray robot on a STAP.. I'd call that a micro Ugly if I ever saw one and I think I just did :laugh:

Great work and may the force be with you

That's strange, because I4ve been posting MOCs for years... but not much Star Wars though.

The grey thing is supposed to be the wreckage of a Star Destroyer bridge at the same scale. But I have to admit that at this angle, it looks a bit weird :grin:

On 3/3/2020 at 4:55 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

That's strange, because I4ve been posting MOCs for years... but not much Star Wars though.

The grey thing is supposed to be the wreckage of a Star Destroyer bridge at the same scale. But I have to admit that at this angle, it looks a bit weird :grin:

now that I know what it's supposed to be, I can see it 100%. Looks really good, actually. It's just weird to comprehend the scale of just how large star destroyers are, especially with your large ship next to it.