hi. what is the best LEGO motor in terms of SPEED, POWER, ENERGE and STRENGTH, im only speaking of the L-MOTOR the M-MOTOR and the XL-MOTOR WHICH IS THE BEST ONE? 

If I had to choose only one of the three I'd definitely go for the L motor, also because it is structurally far more versatile and effective than the other two.

9 hours ago, suffocation said:

If I had to choose only one of the three I'd definitely go for the L motor, also because it is structurally far more versatile and effective than the other two.

Also, it makes the best noise. :grin:

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Also, it makes the best noise. :grin:

My wife has opinion that XL motor has the most "acceptable" noise :grin:

the best motor is the one that most closely matches the requirements. And with that, all the engineers in the room breathed a sign of relief :P

20 minutes ago, bonox said:

the best motor is the one that most closely matches the requirements.

This is obviously the best answer one can get here.

And to be honnest, at some point I was afraid no one would come up with it... :-S

2 hours ago, bonox said:

the best motor is the one that most closely matches the requirements. And with that, all the engineers in the room breathed a sign of relief

That's why engineers don't work with pennies and Lego.

2 hours ago, Anio said:

This is obviously the best answer one can get here.

Not really. What if he's on a tight budget, can only afford one motor and wants the most versatile one?

6 hours ago, bonox said:

the best motor is the one that most closely matches the requirements. And with that, all the engineers in the room breathed a sign of relief :P

Requirements list or some directions how heavy model should be "example" for propulsion for which motor would be fine; there is also a question of tire size etc...but generally this is most plausible answer but there is one more thing - budget.

Regards

5 hours ago, suffocation said:

Not really. What if he's on a tight budget, can only afford one motor and wants the most versatile one?

There is not such a thing as the most versatile one. Neither is one motor better than the others.

M, L, XL, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

8 minutes ago, Anio said:

M, L, XL, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Agree with that; but I saw various MOCs with various motor configuration...so basically model with up to 1800 parts and big tires has to be powered with XL motor; one L motor would (probably) be to week. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a kind of overview for @robin_1456 so (I suppose) he could decide what motor to use in his creations; if course it is not the same if MOC is using indoors, has towing functionality etc...

1 hour ago, Anio said:

There is not such a thing as the most versatile one. Neither is one motor better than the others.

A smaller motor is always going to be more versatile, at least size-wise, than a larger motor because by definition it's going to be easier to fit into a broader variety of models. Quite a trivial consideration but enough to blow holes in your argument.

And you're still missing my point: if you're on a budget and you can only afford one motor to use in a variety of Mocs, which one should you get? Look at TLG's official one-motor models - most of them have either an M or an L. If I could only afford one motor to use in a variety of situations, I'd definitely go for an L.

Edited by suffocation

10 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Agree with that; but I saw various MOCs with various motor configuration...so basically model with up to 1800 parts and big tires has to be powered with XL motor; one L motor would (probably) be to week. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a kind of overview for @robin_1456 so (I suppose) he could decide what motor to use in his creations; if course it is not the same if MOC is using indoors, has towing functionality etc...

hi. I have the 6x6 tow truck and I rebuilt the front steering and [1 of the wheel sets at the back of the truck. I don't know how to explain it] and I used the FOR THE XL-MOTOR FOR THE TRUCK it gets over rocks and stuff. my two L-MOTORS I was using originally but day broke I went to LEGO and day sent me a replacements I do not have it so the XL-MOTOR IS THE STRONGEST MOTOR OUT OF THE THREE.

I prefer also XL motor, but you should gear it down at least with gear combination 12-20 and place motors for drive longitudinally in chassis to prevent gear clicking or even braking. The only disadvantage of XL motor is that it is "fat"

Just now, I_Igor said:

I prefer also XL motor, but you should gear it down at least with gear combination 12-20 and place motors for drive longitudinally in chassis to prevent gear clicking or even braking. The only disadvantage of XL motor is that it is "fat"

and noise