JamesJT

[B Model] 2016 MINI Cooper from 42056

Great B model. Do your instructions include the further ones where you’ve used parts from other sets. Looks like you’ve used the roof parts from the corvette to get your bonnet stripes :)

7 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

How are you building so fast!?!

I have a formula that works even quicker on B models where I don't speed any time choosing parts/colours. I also have a very nice man doing all the boring stuff like making digital models and instructions.

57 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...despite 3 cylinder engines. :thumbup:

I wanted to do Cooper S with 4 cylinder but there was only room for a 3 cylinder between the front wheels so it had to be the Cooper.

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Great B model. Do your instructions include the further ones where you’ve used parts from other sets. Looks like you’ve used the roof parts from the corvette to get your bonnet stripes :)

GeyserBricks will publish a version with 11 extra parts including the corvette (42093) roof. Those 11 parts make a huge difference. I'd be happy with just a black nose panel and the spotlights (5 parts)

49593982776_3dc9a0a036_c.jpgLego Technic 42056 MINI Cooper by James Tillson, on Flickr

51 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

I wanted to do Cooper S with 4 cylinder but there was only room for a 3 cylinder between the front wheels so it had to be the Cooper.

Even real Cooper with 3 cylinder engine looks like it has tiny engine. Black addition is even better :thumbup:

5 hours ago, JamesJT said:

I have a formula that works even quicker on B models where I don't speed any time choosing parts/colours. I also have a very nice man doing all the boring stuff like making digital models and instructions.

GeyserBricks will publish a version with 11 extra parts including the corvette (42093) roof. Those 11 parts make a huge difference. I'd be happy with just a black nose panel and the spotlights (5 parts)

49593982776_3dc9a0a036_c.jpgLego Technic 42056 MINI Cooper by James Tillson, on Flickr

I’ll wait for the one with the black bits to be available then before buying

33 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I’ll wait for the one with the black bits to be available then before buying

It didn't get approved as it is too close to the B model. You can see the 11 parts required and they can all be easily swapped at any time.

1 hour ago, JamesJT said:

It didn't get approved as it is too close to the B model. You can see the 11 parts required and they can all be easily swapped at any time.

You could append that version to the original RB entry as additional/alternative file. That way you can still expose them both.