Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day Three

star_trek_mafia_2_banner.png

Day Three - Identity Crisis

img_3013.jpg

"Now what, Q?" Picard asked to no one in particular.

img_3014.jpg

Q appeared then in a flash, taking Commander Riker's spot and putting him in his seat.

"Nice try, Picard, with LaForge. But he was not one of my scum."

img_3015.jpg

"Where are my crew?" Picard asked. "I demand to have them returned."

"They'll all be returned to you at the end of the game, worry not. Try again, Jean-Luc."

Before anyone else could protest, Q vanished again.

---

With six players, a majority of four is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day. 
With six players, a majority of four is required to extend the day an extra 24 hours for a maximum of 72 hours.

Players (6):
picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Kristel
riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Darkdragon
data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99
troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley
worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi
wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora

Lost in Space (1):
crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic (scum)
laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ (town)

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are eight players. Two of those players are Q's scum. The other six are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for a minimum of 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 24 hours once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. This majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of Q's scum and the scum win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the scum
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.
11) You must post in every day thread! 

:sing:Kyle!!!! *shakes fist*

How the fuck is it possible that you are always Scummy? :wall:

I went after someone like this in the last game because they were assuming someone was Town or telling the truth about a role, the visitor role. I mean, for fuck's sake, is guessing at a role so strongly you believe it the new Town tell? It can't be because it's also a Scum tell, so stop making assumptions, people. And don't tell me I need to calm down. It's clearly anyone's fault but mine. :blush:

That's a joke. :tongue:

Anyway, it looks like I was right that the three old-school players can't be buddies this time. We have to kill one of them. Or snap their fingers and they go to another dimension or whatever, who cares?

Vote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)

Vote: Extend the day

For all the reason I posted yesterday.

I trust Forg and Riker and I would suggest everyone else should as well. Beverly went after Riker and I doubt he would take that risk on Day One, with Riker not showing up, that people might bandwagon onto that. That would be a massive WIFOM if Riker were Scum. This happened in the last game. The Scum tried to sway the vote onto Riker, but it ended up backfiring and basically confirming him as Town. And he wasn't even him yet when that happened! *oh2*

Forg, you'd be diabolically evil if you're Scum. Lynch me before Riker or Forg. I feel like if we keep them both alive, we'll find the other Scum. Why not me? While I know I'm Town, I also know that people will never. EVER. 100% trust me. To win, I think Forg and Riker are the most trustworthy up to this point.

Picard and Data are both flying under the radar. It's more typical of Picard than Data, but it is not the most proactive-Townie behavior in a game where activity is all we have to work off of.

Well poop.

Shut Up: Wesley Crusher

Wonder what the chances are that Beverly would have gone through with bussing her potential scum mate Riker? Like maybe he wouldn't show up so she wanted to be on his wagon early to get townie points?

Okay, I knew it was bad news when I saw a "Day 3" thread notification.

9 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Okay, I knew it was bad news when I saw a "Day 3" thread notification.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Why not me? While I know I'm Town, I also know that people will never. EVER. 100% trust me.

It's a testament to your deviousness. Bob would show us your role PM, and we'd still think you stole Bob's account to post in his name. :tongue:

Don't you look down your double-nostril nose at us, Forg. You said you loved the case against Geordi, you said you would marry it if you could. Those were your exact words, or something very similar to that, or otherwise not at all. :tongue:But, regardless of what order we did it in, Geordi and Wesley are both the Scummiest so far. If Wesley is Scum then he is better at pretending to be Town than Geordi is, even when he doesn't need to pretend. Sorry, Geordi, it's true.

I really thought we were on to something when Geordi appeared to give up at the end of the day. Never give up! :angry: That's not how you help the Town. Even if you don't successfully avoid the lynch, we can look at what you say and know that it was all true (albeit Scummy and bonkers in some instances) and have that to work off of the next day. Giving up as a Townie sucks Forg balls.

Just now, Fugazi said:

It's a testament to your deviousness. Bob would show us your role PM, and we'd still think you stole Bob's account to post in his name. :tongue:

I could log in as Bob. :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I could log in as Bob. :sceptic:

Maybe Bob is just an alias of yours, created so you can win Mafia games that you're actually running. Well played.

Joking of course. :laugh:

:look:

Computer, show me the Mafia game archives. Cross-reference Bob's games and Hinck's victories. :hmpf_bad:

Vote:Wesley (Pandora) because he has developed a split personality and I'm just not buying the responses.  Worf's reasoning for voting for Wesley yesterday is pretty much why I am voting for Wesley today, he just said it much more eloquently.  Odd statement given he is s Klingon, but true.

5 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Maybe Bob is just an alias of yours, created so you can win Mafia games that you're actually running. Well played.

Joking of course. :laugh:

:look:

Computer, show me the Mafia game archives. Cross-reference Bob's games and Hinck's victories. :hmpf_bad:

:look: Don't tell anyone!

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 3 (Hinckley, Trekkie99, Kristel)

With six players, a majority of 4 is required.

Extend the Day:
Yes - 1 (Hinckley)

Urgh. I really hoped that was it. 

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Anyway, it looks like I was right that the three old-school players can't be buddies this time. We have to kill one of them. Or snap their fingers and they go to another dimension or whatever, who cares?

Maybe you were wrong and you're the one fucking this up? I think you are, and you are, but you're the one who'll have to deal with your conscience and the consequences.

For the record, I care.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

For all the reason I posted yesterday.

I can't fight smoke. What is it that you're still not happy about? Why is it Geordi or me and no other possibility? You want to sit back and think you have it sorted like I did with Geordi yesterday? Then you're going to be very upset when you're back here for day 4, with another townie down and not even my presence to delight, inform and entertain. So, do me a favour please and tell me exactly why you think I am scum, so I can at least try to help.

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Well poop.

You too Data. No laziness, tell me why you think I must be the scum and not somebody else.

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Wonder what the chances are that Beverly would have gone through with bussing her potential scum mate Riker? Like maybe he wouldn't show up so she wanted to be on his wagon early to get townie points?

You at least are looking at another possibility. This crossed my mind as well. If Riker were scum and wasn't going to show (and in that Scenario Bev might have had more info) then Bev could have gained brownie points, but Riker's reaction when he first posted makes me think this is less likely. Riker was also where the Geordi lynch started (day one), instead of voting for Bev, but I actually see that as quite open and honest. I don't think it's Riker.

5 hours ago, Kristel said:

Vote:Wesley (Pandora) because he has developed a split personality and I'm just not buying the responses.

What? :wacko:  What split personality? At least I have a personality, this is the ONLY thing you said yesterday:

On 2/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kristel said:

I also think it is between Geordie and Wesley today.  For now, Vote: Geordie LaForge (Kotz) as he initially voted for Riker despite considering Beverly scummy.  He didn't change his vote until he was pressed on this.

Vote: Extend the day

The ONLY thing. You're taking flying under the radar to an all new low (geddit?)

The reasons I backed off on you were because 1) I thought Geordi was a better lynch and 2) I listened to Deanna say she felt better about your massive over-reaction, and now we know Deanna clearly isn't thinking straight, so I'm right back to looking at you again just like I was on day one. Even if I do end up going today, I want you gone tomorrow.

You need to do a whole lot better than just swing by, vote and bugger off. You need to put down your actual reasons for voting for me. Proper reasons, and not things I haven't already answered. If you don't like my answers, then say so and point out exactly why. 

This goes for all of you. I am town, I am fighting. If you lynch me you will see I am town and this is all on you. You will not be able to say I didn't try hard enough. You're not trying hard enough by only looking at me.

Vote: Captain Picard (Kristel)

I gave my reasons, and I can also refer to the reasons from day one because you still haven't bloody answered them.

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Urgh. I really hoped that was it. 

Ooh that's good. That's real good. ?

Well this is unexpected and unnerving. I was hoping to count this as my shortest and all-time least stress game ever!  I just want to get back to the pretty ladies and tempting fruits.

To be honest with y'all, I'm feeling extremely uneasy about this early morning bandwagon against Wesley. Yesterday I would have said yes, if Geordie is town then let's heed his words and look at Wes, but man looking at these votes and the reply from Wesley in regard to the votes... I just don't see scum here.

14 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I also know that people will never. EVER. 100% trust me.

It's true, I'd say you're about 25.984% to me at the moment. :pir-laugh:  It's a really strange time though, for me dropping in so late and I've never had a no-PMs/no-actions style situation.  At least all the words are out here in the open which is a nice change of pace from secret backstabbing non-block messages I've seen in the past....but I digress.

10 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Ah yes, this explains a lot :oh3::hmpf_bad::head_back:

3 hours ago, Pandora said:

The ONLY thing. You're taking flying under the radar to an all new low (geddit?)

This exactly this!  The bandwagon voting and the non-talking is really adding up to put Picard as the top suspicion on my list at the moment. There was the overreaction to what Deanna said..insinuated...I'm not even sure because it seemed so paranoid to even react to.  Another thing was at the start of the first day where he jumped up real fast to say that there's no way Q would pick him because he's the captain.  So two early and unjustified defenses followed by silence and stealth.

So I said there was a list to be on top of, it's a short list though.  My Number 2 is Data.  There's simply been nothing of substance, just one liners, double posting, and jokes. Jumped early on the bandwagon today too.

6 hours ago, Pandora said:

What? :wacko:  What split personality? At least I have a personality, this is the ONLY thing you said yesterday:

The reasons I backed off on you were because 1) I thought Geordi was a better lynch and 2) I listened to Deanna say she felt better about your massive over-reaction, and now we know Deanna clearly isn't thinking straight, so I'm right back to looking at you again just like I was on day one. Even if I do end up going today, I want you gone tomorrow.

The comment about the split personality had nothing to do with you backing off me.  You seem to have two different writing styles - one for when you are defending yourself and one for when you are pursuing someone you think might be scum.  

You need to do a whole lot better than just swing by, vote and bugger off. You need to put down your actual reasons for voting for me. Proper reasons, and not things I haven't already answered. If you don't like my answers, then say so and point out exactly why. 

I agree with the first part and have been distracted with other things which means I haven't had the bandwidth to do much more than just keep up with what is being said.  Sorry to all the crew for that.

See below for my reasons for voting for you.

I gave my reasons, and I can also refer to the reasons from day one because you still haven't bloody answered them.

I stopped responding to you (and Deanna) because you were flogging a dead horse and I could have said "I need to pee" and you would find a way to make that a scummy statement.

The reason for voting for you was not the split personality.  I state in the second sentence in my post that the reason for voting was the reasons the Klingon provided.  That would be the bit you left out when you quoted me.  Here is Forg's post for reference: 

On 2/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, Fugazi said:

What you're saying today makes perfect sense, but what you said yesterday was, and I quote:  " This'll get spun into "Wesley and Beverly are scum buddies" but I don't care. "... Which sounds like you knew Beverly would flip Scum. It certainly didn't sound like you truly believed Beverly was Town. :look:

I don't know, to me it sounds like a great plan. :look: It wasn't only the roleplay that killed Beverly.

Maybe you didn't really believe she would be lynched until it was too late? Obviously you thought that Town was over-reacting to Beverly's roleplaying, and that the reasoning was shaky. So much that you pushed in another direction, thinking that you could steer the votes towards Picard (as Townie-Welsey) or away from Beverly (as Scum-Welsey). Turning around at the last minute and bussing Beverly might have raised more eyebrows.

Geordi was also on my suspect list this morning, so I guess it's okay if we lynch him. I still believe lynching Wesley is the way to go, but I'll let you play with your emotions. Go where your heart is! :wub:

That said Deanna, if both Geordi and Wesley are Town, you're next on the chopping block for an obvious attempt at stalling this game! :tongue: Wesley is not the only one who always suspects you no matter what! :grin:

I was the third vote on Beverly on day one.  In the same post where I voted I also questioned why Data and Geordie weren't voting for her if they also believed she was acting scumming. Here's an extract of that post.  The first line is in response to Data not wanting to be a dick about voting for Beverly.  The second line is in response to Geordie's post where he votes for Riker despite believing Beverly to be acting scummy.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:01 AM, Kristel said:

What kind of logic is this? If they are scum, they have to go.

I don't understand why you don't vote for Beverly if you think she is acting scummy as hell.  Surely its better to vote for someone who is acting scummy than someone we have no read on whatsoever.

Also, Unvote: Geordie LaForge (Kotz).

Vote: Beverly Crusher (mostlytechnic) because I agree that she is acting scummy. 

So, I voted early-ish on Beverly and encouraged two others to do the same - and if they did, Beverly would have the majority votes.   If you believe that means I am scum, then we (that would be town) deserve to lose.

Now you're actually talking. Not really saying much, but words appear to be coming out of your mouth.

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

The comment about the split personality had nothing to do with you backing off me.

I didn't say it did. I was WTFing your comment about me having a split personality. Anyone who knows me, which is exactly everyone here, will recognise one cohesive personality, albeit held together with sticky tape, fine Italian white wine and hope. As is common for teenaged boys. :look: 

You seem to have two different writing styles - one for when you are defending yourself and one for when you are pursuing someone you think might be scum.

I have normal writing styles for me. I don't think this is scummy. :wacko: You really are clutching at straws here. This is a reason to vote me off?? Seriously??

I agree with the first part and have been distracted with other things which means I haven't had the bandwidth to do much more than just keep up with what is being said.  Sorry to all the crew for that.

I naturally have sympathy for those with busy lives, but what tends to happen is that people either metamorphose into a new version of themself, or they reappear with insights they haven't had time to share. Interestingly Commander Riker did both of these things and the second one twice. You basically just stopped by to say you don't have time for this, ditto to... something somebody said and that I have some form of schizophrenia.

See below for my reasons for voting for you.

Lazy, lazy, lazy. 

"Here's somebody else's old post about why they suspected you, which may or may not be valid or still relevant, but y'know, it'll do"

I've answered a whole load of stuff already, so lay it out for me Captain, why am I scummy?

I stopped responding to you (and Deanna) because you were flogging a dead horse and I could have said "I need to pee" and you would find a way to make that a scummy statement.

You're being hyper-sensitive again, given that you barely responded in the first place. When you've spent as much time as I have defending yourself you can claim that anything you said might be taken as scummy, but really this is a ridiculous thing to say. You practically didn't even start responding to us.

The reason for voting for you was not the split personality.

16 hours ago, Kristel said:

Vote:Wesley (Pandora) because he has developed a split personality and I'm just not buying the responses.  Worf's reasoning for voting for Wesley yesterday is pretty much why I am voting for Wesley today, he just said it much more eloquently.  Odd statement given he is s Klingon, but true.

I've not even edited it down. You are full of poo.

I state in the second sentence in my post that the reason for voting was the reasons the Klingon provided.  That would be the bit you left out when you quoted me.

You are giving second hand evidence here essentially. I answered Forg's post (and only a small portion of that post was about me). You can't speak to his opinion of that; it is possible that he might see the light and realise I'm telling the truth. And really, if you're going to try to sentence someone to death you need to do better than "wot he said the other day, that'll do for why." Those "reasons" have been answered.

I was the third vote on Beverly on day one.  In the same post where I voted I also questioned why Data and Geordie weren't voting for her if they also believed she was acting scumming. Here's an extract of that post.  The first line is in response to Data not wanting to be a dick about voting for Beverly.  The second line is in response to Geordie's post where he votes for Riker despite believing Beverly to be acting scummy.

Your vote was bang in the middle - remember this is a small game. Somewhere between hoping it won't happen, but not hammering if it does. I'm not even sure the voting pattern exonerates Deanna or Forg, but they haven't otherwise been scummy (aside maybe from Forg's tiresome and tireless pursuit of me, perhaps.) Remember when you voted for Bev? When you said "because she's acting scummy"? In-depth analysis there, for sure. Don't want to put too fine a point on why you're voting, in case other people agree with you, but also just agree with some other people so they won't look at you. You are better than that, and it is bollocks. You are capable of reasoning. 

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 3 (Hinckley, Trekkie99, Kristel)
Jean-Luc Picard / Kristel - 2 (Pandora, Darkdragon)

Extend the Day:
Yes - 1 (Hinckley)

Judging by voting position and activity level, I still suspect Data. With one exception. He placed the fourth vote on Beverly on Day One. This put her within one vote of the hammer. I'm not sure Scum would take that risk on Day One, but it could also pay off in the long run as it doesn't necessarily look Scummy. But we're not getting much from Data and this isn't something I'm used to from his. Judging by post counts from recent endeavors. Yesterday and today, he's jumped on second and third to the bandwagons, without much input.

Picard is in the same transport. While he cited today that he's been busy, his contributions have been short and far between and not as fully thought out as we have come to expect from him.

The vote tally today seems like Beverly is still in the game. We're stalled, nobody wants to extend the day. I think there's quite a lot to discuss. Let's go. What are people doing? Or would you prefer the Scum get a kill tonight. Do we really want to play without Forg, because you know damn well that's who they'd kill.

Hmm no I don't want to give scum a night kill.

Vote: Wesley Crusher.

Vote: extend the day.

We can use the time to watch our deepest emotions bubble to the surface (like true Klingons) and maybe change our minds about the lynchee. Also plan our next move, just in case. We don't have the benefit of certitude in this game.

*certainty* stupid computer.

21 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Ooh that's good. That's real good. ?

Could you expand on this? Maybe explain what you mean by it?

And, you know, if you have any other thoughts about what's going on around you, it'd be quite nice to hear them. Today, maybe.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

The vote tally today seems like Beverly is still in the game.

You know she's gone, right? :look:  

Thank you for at least looking at other players a little bit, if only two of them. 

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Do we really want to play without Forg, because you know damn well that's who they'd kill.

You seem happy enough to play without me. :sceptic: 

Maybe you were right and the three of us couldn't be on the same team because Forg is scum? Crazy and paranoid perhaps, but why aren't you paranoid about this? He casts the first vote against Mom, not expecting an actual lynch, but hey if it did happen then no scum would ever start a vote against their teammate. Not seen Bev around much, maybe she had stuff to do? Maybe I'm wrong about Picard, maybe I'm wrong about Forg, maybe I'm wrong about you. Maybe you're setting up Data for tomorrow's lynch. Where's your usual in depth analysis of everything? You say we have so much to discuss, crack on! What would you like to discuss?

You could start with a simple exercise of stating why you think I'm scum. I think you're voting for me because, hey it has to be someone otherwise the scum will kill Forg, and we'll need to know what Wesley is at some point because..., and there were some reasons but.. yeah, reasons. Die scum! :angry:

Would it help if you got drunk again? :tongue: 

Hmm no I don't want to give scum a night kill.

No, not if Deanna's suggesting it might be you. Anyway, who needs a night kill when you can just lynch a townie? 

We can use the time to watch our deepest emotions bubble to the surface (like true Klingons) and maybe change our minds about the lynchee.

Well, when you put it like that: Vote: Extend the day

So change your mind already! 

We don't have the benefit of certitude in this game.

*certainty* stupid computer.

No, but you do have the benefit of common sense and brains, so if you could just start using them, that would be great, thank you. Could you please, please, as I have asked you before and as I have just asked Deanna, write down the reasons why you think I'm scum? Please? Right now it sounds more like "I'm voting for Wesley so I don't get killed at night, because considering other options and actually listening to what he's saying is hard" and that's the generous version. The other version is that you're scum and you don't give a shit because it's just another townie lynch. How will this go over when I show up town tomorrow? You have pursued me relentlessly, after all.

There seems to be some weird logical fallacy going on. That there is some sort of idiotic either/or with me and Geordi. Because Geordi was town, I must therefore be scum, apparently. It is the most ridiculous reason to vote me out, but I'm not even sure if that is the reason, because nobody will actually lay out a proper case. Please remember that I have a good track history of being just plain wrong

I am town, and all but two of you (because I don't think Riker is scum, but hey, I could be wrong, again) are making a stupid mistake.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kristel said:
On 2/20/2020 at 6:52 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Well, everyone needing awakened has already been poked. So instead, I'll 

Vote: Picard (Kristel)

because who else would Q pick to be scummy than our captain? 

Anyone other than me.  Q has his fun by making me squirm while I try and figure out what he has done.  It's not me.

AuB15kY.jpg

I'm going to pull a Forg here and go through everybody and what we know about them.

picard.jpg

Picard @Kristel Flying under the radar, with real life as an excuse, but not contributing too much but following whatever bandwagon is in motion once he does have time to drop by.

riker.jpg

Riker @Darkdragon Potentially diabolical here. If he's Scum, Beverly would've had to have tried to bus her on Day One. If he knew Riker was Scum and not showing up and likely to become some sort of fodder (he seemed convinced he would be mod-killed) and know he would flip Scum, perhaps a way to protect himself for the rest of the game by being the first to vote for him. Occam's Razor says this is too complicated and we should, traditionally, believe that it was a safe vote for Beverly. But, if he was being diabolical, this would've been a great move. And now we have Riker who seems trustworthy and active. He could be running with this advantage if it exists and cruising towards a win, with little scrutiny being applied to him. I realize Wesley also made this case. And since my vote is on Wesley, due to my worries over his Day One actions, this could be a desperate case being made to put attention on anyone else and avoid today's lynch.

data.jpg

Data @Trekkie99 is way off, in my opinion in this game. As I've previously stated, my worries revolve around his lack of activity or serious contribution. In response to my previous concerns, he posted more about Picard. I think we have all seen how he behaves when he's Town, at least with the most recent example of Thack Desteck, and this is a very different game for him. I also remember KotZ's visitor game where we also saw a different Data. This reminds me more of the Ham Sandwich Data we saw in The Forest III. Metagame. Metagame. Metagame. Even regardless of the comparison of behaviors, he is flying under the radar and not making significant contributions to the Scum hunt.

troi.jpg

Deanna (That's me!) I'm always Scum, even when I'm Town so even those who trust me but me at 51% Town at the highest. I'm likely to be lynched at some point if we don't end this soon. I'm just that devious.

worf.jpg

Forg @Fugazi The Scummiest he's been all game is today. Wesley's right, he is in the best position to walk away with this and he's one of the smartest people in the history of Mafia. Here's true potential diabolical-ness. Which is a word? This would have to be major WIFOM and Occam's Razor keeps me away from serious consideration of it right now. My concern today, is that he sat around and waited for everybody else to vote and then seems to have voted Wesley only to avoid a Scum night-kill. Yesterday, he was pointing the finger at me if Kyle flipped Town, which he did. And yet, he hasn't voiced any suspicion towards me. Why the change in behavior today? Went from active to passive.

I have to go to the gym, which is not a code name for bar. I'm actually going to the gym. I'll do the rest when I get back.