Sign in to follow this  
lego the hutt

New LotR action figures make me hopeful for Lego

The new viking helm is a dead ringer for Eowyn's.  Color it brown with a little more gold printing and you're there.

It's actually possible that the helm is actually a prototype of hers from an old canceled set.  There was a rumor that 2013's Dragon Mountain was just a retheme of a canceled Battle of Osgiliath set w/fellbeast.

18 hours ago, greenalfonzo said:

There was a rumor that 2013's Dragon Mountain was just a retheme of a canceled Battle of Osgiliath set w/fellbeast.

How would that have worked? The Dragon Mountain was the set that contained the red dragon, which gave the heraldry for the rest of the Castle 2013 sets. And the dragon doesn't look like a fellbeast, so they would have had to make those parts especially for that set to come out in 2013. I cannot really see how they would have remade parts that were not in production and then based an entire sub-theme on it, just on one set that was planned but cancelled. It is not like the build in the Dragon Mountain is anything special that was worth saving if it had been designed for LOTR. I imagine most designers could design that tower in five minutes.

Just that: the ruins easily pass for the ruins of Osgiliath, and a molded fellbeast was canceled in favor of a more traditional dragon.  6 figs makes for a nice bp as well.  They've said they will sometimes use unproduced set designs in future or different lines.

Edited by greenalfonzo

I find the dates, more than anything, highly unlikely. We had a normal wave of LOTR sets in 2013. Those Castle sets, of which the dragon tower was the "defining" set, were also 2013. So any decision to cancel a Osgiliath set would have been made much earlier than 2013 to allow time for the design and production of the whole of the Castle 2013 wave. Yet we still got LOTR that year too.