Dreaded by sailors across the globe and throughout the centuries, sea serpents are the most fearsome monsters of the unknown deep. Long before the corners of the maps were shaded in, these legendary creatures lurked in uncharted waters, emerging through the roiling waves to swallow hapless seamen and destroy entire ships.

It is difficult to know the origins of the legend; tales of sea serpents spread from port to port over thousands of years, taking particular hold in places such as the Middle East, North America, Scandinavia and Great Britain.

This is the fifth model in my Legends and Lore series. It is comprised of 6,438 elements, took four weeks to design and create and was completed in February 2020.

49580327617_55fdd8cbc1_z.jpgHere There Be Serpents! (1) by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

49580319702_c422487035_z.jpgHere There Be Serpents! (2) by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

49580085251_e99be7ac25_z.jpgHere There Be Serpents! (3) by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

49579578323_a79ae859ce_z.jpgHere There Be Serpents! (4) by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

49580274427_4f8f5dc73f_z.jpgHere There Be Serpents! (5) by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

Wow, everything about this is fantastic. I love the water, both the colors & the splash from the serpents. The serpents are equally great. Very cool designs. 

Very nice :classic:

Water looks great, and the of the serpents looks smooth, even though they are twisted in different directions :thumbup:

I love that you didnt just scatter the water around, but purposefully built it up. It is really well done, and conveys the motion of the monsters well.

As for the serpents themselves, their slinking coiling bodies are amazing. I have tried something similar before and wish mine looked half this good. :thumbup: