Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Redblade

I Wrote a Book!

Yep. I recently put the finishing touches on my first novel, and now I'm biting the bullet and publishing it. Only took five years.

Abby Normal is an urban fantasy/horror story about Abby Henderson, a woman being hunted by a demonic doomsday cult, and the Deacon, the demonic cult leader who believes Abby can kick-start his apocalyptic plans for him. Along the way there's also some wizards, faeries, alternate dimensions, demonic possessions, and a heapin' helpin' of Anglo-Saxon paganism! Oh, it's also available for pre-order on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084X6ZWRR

OFFICIAL BLURB: Abby Henderson has lived her whole life under a dark cloud. When she was born, a demon called the Deacon claimed her family as his property. When she turned 13, she was traumatized by an ominous psychic vision. When she turned 14, her dad had a psychotic breakdown and tried to kill her.

She’s just turned 25, and now people are dying all around her.

This is all according to the Deacon’s plan. He believes that Abby is the key to a ritual that will unleash an ancient evil on the world, and he will stop at nothing to make sure that ritual succeeds.

Now, Abby is in the fight of her life against an enemy that defies all reason. Together with her pious girlfriend, her magic-slinging ex-teacher, and a hotheaded Amazon with a machete, Abby will have to use every trick in the book to outlast the Deacon. Because if she can’t, her next birthday is going to be Hell.

20 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Congrats!  Is it a Kindle Direct?

It is. I've tried the traditional publishing thing before, and it's a lot like cutting down a Douglas fir with a dead salmon.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:38 AM, Capt. Redblade said:

It's a lot like cutting down a Douglas fir with a dead salmon. 

I did that once and I can tell you it's not a good way to make friends with a salmon.

Also, maybe I should note the salmon was alive when I started cutting.

That's amazing. Congrats. I want to write a book so badly, but it's probably not going to happen. I working on my writing skills now as I'm writing an essay on literature. From what I saw at https://samploon.com/free-essays/literature/ my essay is not as great in comparison to others. But anyway, I'm not going to stop in order to improve my skills. 

Edited by Alina236

Bit late to the party here, but wow. I've just sent off for a sample, and I'll have a good ole read later on.

Books take time, don't they? I don't know about you, but I went into my first book fully expecting it to be done in eighteen months - eight years on and I'm still preparing for publication. You're ahead of me! Your premise is genuinely fascinating, and I like that it's part of a series. I hope you've got plenty of things planned for future books.