Hi there, I have been reading this forum for quite a while but this will be my first post.

I need to achieve some angles with beams that are not standard, i.e. not obtained directly with angled beams: 18.435º, 14º, etc. So I found two really interesting blog posts from Neil Webber: Lego Technic Triangle Geometry and Geeking out even more with Pythagoras and Lego triangles. In the first one, Neil presents a program to look for triangles with specific angles. The length of the sides of the triangles may be natural number or fractional using a 0.5 offset. In the second one, Neil show that the geometry that the Technic bricks allows to use offsets of 0.2. This is very useful to be able to reduce the size of the triangles.

So I have experimented in LDCad to build these offsets. Here are my findings:

There are many ways to obtain a 0.5L offset, here is one simple: 49575343113_6766b8e355_m.jpgoffsets 1

The following one is for the 0.2L offset family. It is quite compact, but is maybe an illegal build (stud inserted in a Technic hole): 49576079187_70e903c4b9_w.jpgoffsets 2

I think the next one is legal and quite sturdy: 49575851086_8c8375c09e_z.jpgoffsets 3

Yet another possibility: 49576079202_6fa716b951_z.jpgoffsets 4

What do you guys think of these solutions regarding the compacity and sturdiness?

Also, I think it could be possible to achieve 0.1L offset combing 0.6 and 0.5 offsets, but I do not have a solution yet.

Edited by Wismill
Add note about 0.1L offset

There is also this part: which has a really weird height, its like 1mm less than two plates but has a clutch and two semi hollow studs:

640x181.jpg

it is a subpart of part 73037

73037.png

Theres also 28947 and 42446.

oh yeah you can also put a stud in either side of say a 5L thin liftarm pinholes.

Regards, Snipe.

Edited by SNIPE

This, along with the two topics in the above post, is the stuff that really should be listed in the Index topic.

14 hours ago, howitzer said:

This, along with the two topics in the above post, is the stuff that really should be listed in the Index topic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: