Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day Two

star_trek_mafia_2_banner.png

Day Two - Remember Me

img_3001.jpg

"So then Q, what was her alignment?" Picard asked.

"Oh, she was one of my scum. Well done. One down, one to go."

With that, he vanished again.

img_3002.jpg

The remaining seven eyed each other suspiciously, unsure of who the last scum was.

---

With seven players, a majority of four is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day. 
With seven players, a majority of four is required to extend the day an extra 24 hours for a maximum of 72 hours.

Players (7):
picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Kristel
riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Darkdragon
data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99
laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ
troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley
worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi
wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora

Lost in Space (1):
crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic (scum)

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are eight players. Two of those players are Q's scum. The other six are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for a minimum of 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 24 hours once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. This majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of Q's scum and the scum win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the scum
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.
11) You must post in every day thread! 

Edited by Bob

Bam! One down, one to go. Awesome.

I don't know a Star Trek. Who is Q? What's his motivation?

Why does Bob still use Brickshelf?

I'm glad I was drunk again too busy to react to the posts at the end of yesterday. Beverly and Wesley were both very convincing and I was starting to feel like I'd made a mistake with my vote, but that clearly is not the case. So, that's nice.

Awesome! Beverly is a weird name anyway,

And nothing is wrong with Brickshelf.

30 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Awesome! Beverly is a weird name anyway,

And nothing is wrong with Brickshelf.

Am I still acting "Scummy as hell" Kyle?

Oh, oops. Never mind. I forgot my name was Deanna and not Beverly. :blush:

OK, so yes, Geordi hammered Beverly, which–outside of WIFOM–would seem like a Townie thing to do. But, reading over yesterday, I'm noticing Geordi and Beverly were both voting for Riker under the assumption that Riker would be "thrown out of the airlock" for not posting. But, how did they both independently come to this conclusion? This is not stated in the rules. The penalty for not posting in the day thread isn't spelled out in the rules. Beverly also chimed in that she originally was in line with Geordi's thinking that the day could only be extended once per game. If there's evidence of two people chatting outside of the game, it would be Beverly and Geordi.

I know this would go against my entire hypothesis about the Scum trying to distance themselves from each other by discussing the rules in the day thread, but Beverly did agree with Geordi only after I had posted that and yet again, my theory wasn't a very strong theory, as we don't have very much to go off of. If Geordi is also Scum, he'd have to be banking on the idea that hammering his Scum buddy may save him for the rest of the game.

I've had further thoughts on Picard's over-reaction to my post. I remember a past life where I killed her on Night One and she had contacted someone during the day and told them that if she died, she would suspect me of having done it. Which was accurate. But her reasoning was that I had mentioned a drunk lady in one of my posts and her title had the work drunk in it so she thought I might be indicating I was going to night-kill her by invoking her title. This makes zero sense as Scum would never randomly indicate in the day thread who they were going to kill. :wacko: But this is how her paranoid mind works, so I'm much less worried about the over-reaction today, having remembered this previous incident.

17 hours ago, Pandora said:

This'll get spun into "Wesley and Beverly are scum buddies"

Yeah, about that...

I have no love for Mom outside of the usual Son/Mom relationship for the sake of roleplaying, and if I think she's sided with Q I'll push her out the airlock myself. Right now I think everyone is over-reacting to some sarcastic comments Mom made, and some role playing too. It's a band wagon with poor reasoning, and I'm not getting on.

Right. So, this absolutely has to be considered now. You clearly posted that you did not think she had sided with Q. Side note: I don't think anybody has chosen to side with Q. He just snapped his finger and made two of us involuntarily Scum. Anyway... as Forg pointed out, why would you be concerned about being associated if Beverly if you thought she was Town? This is going to get scrutiny today, because we'd be stupid Townies not to look into it. I could see a Townie, and specifically you, thinking far enough ahead of how people react to things and getting the thoughts out there. I act similarly. And when you're a Townie, there's no reason not to put your thoughts out there because you have no reason to lie and you're trying to move the game along. Especially since we have nothing else to work off in this game. But! This could also be seen as Scum Perspective, forgetting that being associated with someone you believe is not Scum isn't a bad thing. And I'm going to pre-argue against my own point there by saying I also understand that when you defend somebody in this game, you expect scrutiny, and since you could only guess that Beverly might be Town, the actual case scenario you were laying out was people turning on both of you, regardless of your or Beverly's alignment, because you seemed to have defended her.

So, no need to respond. I appear to have given you your own defense. *huh* It's been a long weekend and I'm still waking up here.

Can I also say that I never caught the sarcasm or humor in Beverly's posts? Unfortunate for her that our senses of humor aren't in alignment or she may have gotten away with it. I was feeling pretty stupid when I read her response and if they day had had more time left in it, and I'd have been more sober, I may have tried to rally people to switch over to Kyle.

:snicker: I meant Worf, although I think I'll be calling him Forg from now on.

Good. Beverly had no honour, trying to lynch absent players. :sadnew:

Let's see who's on my suspect list.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Well, everyone needing awakened has already been poked. So instead, I'll 

Vote: Picard (Kristel)

because who else would Q pick to be scummy than our captain? 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, Kristel said:

Anyone other than me.  Q has his fun by making me squirm while I try and figure out what he has done.  It's not me.

That short exchange looked scripted to me. Beverly cast a vote based on nothing, basically roleplaying. Picard replied really quickly to Beverly, they were on the bridge at the same moment. That could have been Scum voting for Scum in order to muddle voting pattern analysis down the road.

Second suspect, Data.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, Trekkie99 said:

Yeah. 100%, but I really don't wanna lynch MT two games in a row on day one. :cry_sad:

He turned around eventually to cast the 4th vote on Beverly. The metagamy reason for not wanting to lynch Beverly was... sweet but odd.

Third suspect, Geordi:

On 2/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, KotZ said:

As others have mentioned, I'm not sure why Beverly voted to extend the day, once it had been approved by the computer. Virtue signalng or whatever the equivalent to looking helpful is?

Vote: William Riker (LadyK)

Due to Riker not showing up, that's my choice for lynch. If we vote out someone else, like Beverly, and Riker doesn't show and is sent out of the airlock, at worst we are down two town members. If we just vote out Riker, we have a better chance of surviving. Then, Beverly who is acting scummy as hell, can be on the chopping block. 

As mentioned before, suspects Beverly but doesn't put his vote where his mouth is. Will eventually cast the final vote on Beverly, was he bussing her to win in the long run?

Last suspect, Wesley Crusher:

On 2/21/2020 at 2:48 PM, Pandora said:

Metagaming much? :look:

That's Wesley replying to Deanna before any votes were cast on Beverly. Deanna pointed a finger at Beverly for trying to avoid a lynch like in a previous game.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Thanks for defending me, son. Oh shoot, did I just out us as the scum team? I mean, that would be just like Q to team us up. Or maybe he'd split our family so one of us has to kill the other. Dang, now I'm getting confused. 

That bit of roleplaying was pretty odd and uncalled for. Was Beverly trying to emphasize her (character) relationship to Wesley in order to make it appear less likely that they would be together in the Scum team?

On 2/22/2020 at 6:42 AM, Pandora said:

You're probably gonna have to use the :sarcasm_hmpf: a bit more Mom.

Ok, so it wasn't just Geordi who thought that.

I love you Mom, but I wasn't defending you, it was more a reaction to Deanna. Please don't kill me Mom, I'll tidy my room!

Then Wesley replied, partly defending his mom, partly trying to sound like he's not. Then he cast a vote for Picard, after a thorough analysis. Trying to steer the heat away from Beverly after two votes were cast on her?

I have no love for Mom outside of the usual Son/Mom relationship for the sake of roleplaying, and if I think she's sided with Q I'll push her out the airlock myself. Right now I think everyone is over-reacting to some sarcastic comments Mom made, and some role playing too. It's a band wagon with poor reasoning, and I'm not getting on.

This'll get spun into "Wesley and Beverly are scum buddies" but I don't care. There's no third party, there are no night actions, there's nothing to be disingenuous about, no reason to hide my true thoughts.

16 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Why would you be worried about being associated with Beverly, if you're pretty sure she's Town and we'll know her alignment by tomorrow, at this rate?

This bit is self-explanatory.

At this point, my best guess is Wesley.

Vote Wesley (Pandora).

4 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Yeah, about that...

Right. So, this absolutely has to be considered now. You clearly posted that you did not think she had sided with Q. Side note: I don't think anybody has chosen to side with Q. He just snapped his finger and made two of us involuntarily Scum. Anyway... as Forg pointed out, why would you be concerned about being associated if Beverly if you thought she was Town? This is going to get scrutiny today, because we'd be stupid Townies not to look into it. I could see a Townie, and specifically you, thinking far enough ahead of how people react to things and getting the thoughts out there. I act similarly. And when you're a Townie, there's no reason not to put your thoughts out there because you have no reason to lie and you're trying to move the game along. Especially since we have nothing else to work off in this game. But! This could also be seen as Scum Perspective, forgetting that being associated with someone you believe is not Scum isn't a bad thing. And I'm going to pre-argue against my own point there by saying I also understand that when you defend somebody in this game, you expect scrutiny, and since you could only guess that Beverly might be Town, the actual case scenario you were laying out was people turning on both of you, regardless of your or Beverly's alignment, because you seemed to have defended her. 

So, no need to respond. I appear to have given you your own defense. *huh* It's been a long weekend and I'm still waking up here.

Can I also say that I never caught the sarcasm or humor in Beverly's posts? Unfortunate for her that our senses of humor aren't in alignment or she may have gotten away with it. I was feeling pretty stupid when I read her response and if they day had had more time left in it, and I'd have been more sober, I may have tried to rally people to switch over to Kyle.

Forg :laugh:

I agree with your analysis. In another life, I would have liked for Wesley to be investigated or something. But our only option to test suspicions now is to lynch. So unless there are more compelling candidates... :sad:

Well I'm having a remarkably mixed reaction to this morning's news. I mean, yay we got a scum! But shucks man, she was my Mom, and I can exactly see that I am extremely likely to be today's lynch candidate. It sucks, but that's the way it goes, there won't be any night actions results to clear me or indicate a better lynch.

I have the advantage of knowing I'm town, so let's try to spend the day finding out who the other scum really is and not only focus on me.

41 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Well, I was thinking about that after I saw Forg posted the same question yesterday - it was after the day had ended so I couldn't respond. It was a lot of what you said, but it was more that I was worried that attention would swing on to me in a "why are you defending her? do you know something we don't? You must be scum to be so sure she's town, let's lynch you instead" kinda way. I really thought that Mom was being lynched for the wrong reasons, but clearly she was actually scum. When I accused you of metagaming I was accusing you not defending her, and I said as much. Mom very kindly spun it as me defending her, though. A nice little touch, but perhaps a little too obvious to do with a scum chum (I petition for them to be renamed as such).

Maybe because I'm a sarcastic cynic that's why I thought I saw that, and oddly I thought our senses of humour align somewhat. It's possible I gifted her that response, but if I did, it would have been easier to do on a scumboard than out in public.

As will I if you don't mind, it's a great name.

36 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Yeah, fair enough. I think I've responded to your issue with me in my response to Deanna. Ask away if there's anything else.

So I'm going to look at everyone else in light of Mom's dirty little secret. I don't think Forg or Deanna are scum because of their voting response to Mom. I think Riker is likely town as Mom wanted to vote him out. As did Geordi, which puts Geordi high on my scum list, and he seemed to very reluctantly hammer, as if he knew he had to but didn't want to, and also seeming to have similar thought processes as each other yesterday. Picard I feel slightly better about in light of Mom's revelation, and also with the retrospect of Counsellor Troi so less likely to be scum, leaving Data, who voted for Mom so incredibly scummily, and didn't really say very much otherwise. My money would be on Geordi, though.

Can we vote? I would Vote: Geordi LaForge (KotZ) if we can.

Oh, we can vote at any time, I see. Not sure what to do yet. I'm stuck between Geordi and Wesley. I agree with Forg that we can't know in this game and a lynch is pretty much an investigation. Enough has happened that we will suspect Wesley the whole time unless we do something. Geordi is the same. This makes me nervous because if we're wrong about both, the final Scum can sit back and relax for two days. It's six against one right now. We have the time to take care of our greatest suspicions and have enough numbers to find the last Scum if both are wrong.

Vote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)

Vote: Extend the day

Just now, Pandora said:

Well, I was thinking about that after I saw Forg posted the same question yesterday - it was after the day had ended so I couldn't respond. It was a lot of what you said, but it was more that I was worried that attention would swing on to me in a "why are you defending her? do you know something we don't? You must be scum to be so sure she's town, let's lynch you instead" kinda way. I really thought that Mom was being lynched for the wrong reasons, but clearly she was actually scum. When I accused you of metagaming I was accusing you not defending her, and I said as much. Mom very kindly spun it as me defending her, though. A nice little touch, but perhaps a little too obvious to do with a scum chum (I petition for them to be renamed as such).

Exactly. This makes sense. In a game where defending someone is a tell, a Townie has to take that risk to point out their feelings about someone else's flawed logic in their suspicions. You have to voice your concern, knowing that it may come off as suspicious, because we're doing our best to solve the game.

Ugh...I love how this game makes me wrack my brain, even though there are no Actions to base anything off of. This is tough. :sceptic: I'm not sure how I feel about this. My gut is screaming that this is Town-Wesley. But if the day had been longer yesterday, I might've unvoted Beverly. :cry_sad: Why do we play this game?

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

But if the day had been longer yesterday, I might've unvoted Beverly. :cry_sad: Why do we play this game?

Fundamentally, I'm glad you didn't unvote Mom. We got a scum and a bunch of info to go with it. I'm sorry that a lot of time will be spent wasted on me. I will happily go over anything you want to, but you're just focusing on me right now, you need to have a plan for tomorrow.

We play this game because it's fun. Sometimes. :cry_happy:

20 minutes ago, Pandora said:

That's precisely what has me worried. Why did you defend her? Defending an unknown player on Day One in a game where lynches are our only investigative tool... that was a pretty dangerous courageous play.

I know my case against Beverly wasn't that solid, but you sounded so sure that I was misled, because... because you had a better understanding of what Beverly really meant when she went on with her odd roleplaying? It's hard to build a strong case against anyone on Day One, so what did you expect?

There was nothing for you to gain by taking Beverly's side this early in the game, and a lot to lose if you were wrong. Unless she was your scum chum, she was getting some heat and to top it all she had already made weird comments about how you two might or might not form a Scum team together. :wacko: I think that as a Townie you should have pushed to lynch Beverly right away, to disprove this perceived connection between the both of you.

Vote: extend the day.

*...between the two of you.*

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Because your face.

Vote Count:
Wesley Cruser / Pandora - 2 (Fugazi, Hinckley)
Geordi LaForge / KotZ - 1 (Pandora)

With seven players, four votes are required to lynch.

Extend the Day:
Yes - 3 (Hinckley, Pandora, Fugazi)

With seven players, four votes are required to extend the day.

Around 43 hours remain in this day.

43 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

That's precisely what has me worried. Why did you defend her? Defending an unknown player on Day One in a game where lynches are our only investigative tool... that was a pretty dangerous courageous play.

Haha, you can call it stupid if you want. I didn't defend her, and I said that at the time. I said I was more accusing Deanna of metagaming than defending Mom, and it was Mom who said I was. I didn't think anything of it because I thought she was town and was just roleplaying. I thought we were lynching the wrong person and wanted to say so. I've said things like it before, quite recently in fact, but that panned out a lot better. 

I know my case against Beverly wasn't that solid, but you sounded so sure that I was misled, because... because you had a better understanding of what Beverly really meant when she went on with her odd roleplaying? It's hard to build a strong case against anyone on Day One, so what did you expect?

I thought you were misled, that's why. I fully agree that it's hard to build a case against anyone, but I had what I thought was a much better prospect for lynching at the time, and I thought Mom was being lynched over silly, superficial stuff. If I hadn't had a case of my own, then yeah it would have been much weirder.

There was nothing for you to gain by taking Beverly's side this early in the game, and a lot to lose if you were wrong. 

Well... yes. Kinda exactly. I can only keep repeating that I genuinely thought she was town being lynched for the wrong reasons. 

Unless she was your scum chum, she was getting some heat and to top it all she had already made weird comments about how you two might or might not form a Scum team together. :wacko: I think that as a Townie you should have pushed to lynch Beverly right away, to disprove this perceived connection between the both of you.

*...between the two of you.*

I love you for using scum chum. :wub:  But if Mom had been my scum chum I would really hope I'd have been a lot more subtle about all of this. To metagame myself, I would hope I would be more devious, but that may be pride and arrogance talking. I would also think that someone like Mom wouldn't be so obvious as to claim a mother and son scum combo in the day thread if it were actually true.

I disagree that townie me should have pushed to lynch Mom straight away, partly because townie me didn't, and partly because that would have been a massive over-reaction to someone I thought was town. The perceived connection only bothers me now that I know she's scum. If I saw she was being lynched and I was scum I would have worked harder to distance myself from her yesterday and, yes, probably voted to lynch her.

Holy shit

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I don't know a Star Trek. Who is Q? What's his motivation?

He is a powerful being who is a member of the "Q Continuum", who considers Picard to be a true freind, but nevertheless still screws with like everyone else he encounters for his own ammusment.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

:grin:

I also think it is between Geordie and Wesley today.  For now, Vote: Geordie LaForge (Kotz) as he initially voted for Riker despite considering Beverly scummy.  He didn't change his vote until he was pressed on this.

Vote: Extend the day

Well, I was going to vote to extend the day but I got here too late.

5 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Good. Beverly had no honour, trying to lynch absent players. :sadnew:

I mean, you could say the same about me honestly yesterday.

Third suspect, Geordi:

As mentioned before, suspects Beverly but doesn't put his vote where his mouth is. Will eventually cast the final vote on Beverly, was he bussing her to win in the long run?

No bussing. I just was unsure if Riker was going to show. Since there are no night kills in the game, I would rather have taken the chance of eliminating a town who was inactive if there was no replacement. After It looked like there could be a replacement (before Riker said hello), I switched my vote because Beverly was acting scummy, and we needed a lynch.

Last suspect, Wesley Crusher:

That's Wesley replying to Deanna before any votes were cast on Beverly. Deanna pointed a finger at Beverly for trying to avoid a lynch like in a previous game.

That bit of roleplaying was pretty odd and uncalled for. Was Beverly trying to emphasize her (character) relationship to Wesley in order to make it appear less likely that they would be together in the Scum team?

Then Wesley replied, partly defending his mom, partly trying to sound like he's not. Then he cast a vote for Picard, after a thorough analysis. Trying to steer the heat away from Beverly after two votes were cast on her?

This bit is self-explanatory.

Vote Wesley (Pandora).

There certainly is a sort of metagame in this go around. That roleplay from Beverly is absoluitely odd, but I don't think Beverly would be that open about her affiliation. If there were third party, that would make me think she's a jester trying to get lynched. Wesley seems too obvious (from a pairing perspective), but he's acting scummy.

4 hours ago, Pandora said:

So I'm going to look at everyone else in light of Mom's dirty little secret. I don't think Forg or Deanna are scum because of their voting response to Mom. I think Riker is likely town as Mom wanted to vote him out. As did Geordi, which puts Geordi high on my scum list, and he seemed to very reluctantly hammer, as if he knew he had to but didn't want to, and also seeming to have similar thought processes as each other yesterday. Picard I feel slightly better about in light of Mom's revelation, and also with the retrospect of Counsellor Troi so less likely to be scum, leaving Data, who voted for Mom so incredibly scummily, and didn't really say very much otherwise. My money would be on Geordi, though.

Can we vote? I would Vote: Geordi LaForge (KotZ) if we can.

I wasn't a fan of voting for your mother due to not being sure if Riker would appear. I explain myself a bit earlier in this post.

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

I also think it is between Geordie and Wesley today.  For now, Vote: Geordie LaForge (Kotz) as he initially voted for Riker despite considering Beverly scummy.  He didn't change his vote until he was pressed on this.

Mentioned earlier in the post.

Here's my overall thoughts: I'm leaning towards Wesley, but I'm worried if that's possible he's scum. Maybe it's too meta, having family be scum together. It's too easy, right? I jokingly say Karen but Karen seemed to quick to vote for a fellow scum. I also just want to point out Karen because, well, Karen.

Vote: Wesley (Pandora)

Here's why: If Wesley turns up scum, hooray. If Wesley turns up Town, crap. I then am on the chopping block. But, I'm town (as everyone claims they are). So, if Wesley is town, tomorrow that has 5 town, 1 scum. We're still winning numbers wise. If you vote me out, it's 4:1. I'd like to think the town would go after who was pursuing myself, or Wesley the hardest. I do think Riker is Town based on the play, ignoring the naptaking.

19 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Well, I was going to vote to extend the day but I got here too late.

I mean, you could say the same about me honestly yesterday.

Literally, one of the things that got Beverly lynched was voting to extend the day after it had been extended. Now here you are claiming you would've voted to extend it but, aw shucks, too late.

We are saying the same thing about you yesterday.

No bussing. I just was unsure if Riker was going to show. Since there are no night kills in the game, I would rather have taken the chance of eliminating a town who was inactive if there was no replacement. After It looked like there could be a replacement (before Riker said hello), I switched my vote because Beverly was acting scummy, and we needed a lynch.

Emphasis added. This reads, even after reading it several times, like you know Riker is Town. :sceptic:

There certainly is a sort of metagame in this go around. That roleplay from Beverly is absoluitely odd, but I don't think Beverly would be that open about her affiliation. If there were third party, that would make me think she's a jester trying to get lynched. Wesley seems too obvious (from a pairing perspective), but he's acting scummy.

Seems too obvious...and yet again, it's a random assignment, so...

I wasn't a fan of voting for your mother due to not being sure if Riker would appear. I explain myself a bit earlier in this post.

This does not scan, in my brain. You weren't a fan of voting for Beverly because you weren't sure if Riker would appear. But, you did vote for Beverly and that was before Riker showed up. So, what else happened that brought you over to Beverly-voting-fanaticism? What I also don't understand is what does Riker maybe not showing up, when you say you thought she was an inactive Townie without a replacement, have to do with the case against Beverly? This statement is pure bonkers.

Here's why: If Wesley turns up scum, hooray. If Wesley turns up Town, crap. I then am on the chopping block. But, I'm town (as everyone claims they are). So, if Wesley is town, tomorrow that has 5 town, 1 scum. We're still winning numbers wise. If you vote me out, it's 4:1. I'd like to think the town would go after who was pursuing myself, or Wesley the hardest. I do think Riker is Town based on the play, ignoring the naptaking.

You're already on the chopping block and you're not really helping yourself out. Thanks for explaining the ratios for us again. What would we do without Geordi's math skills? What really bugs me about this last statement of yours is that you know no who is pursuing you and Wesley the hardest, it's me and Forg. So, are we Scum, you think? Is there anything you see now that would lead you to that conclusion except for the fact that we might be pressing suspicions against two potential Townies? What else would Townies do in this situation but detail their suspicions regarding the Scummitest players, of which you are definitely one?

56 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Emphasis added. This reads, even after reading it several times, like you know Riker is Town. :sceptic:

Seems too obvious...and yet again, it's a random assignment, so...

This does not scan, in my brain. You weren't a fan of voting for Beverly because you weren't sure if Riker would appear. But, you did vote for Beverly and that was before Riker showed up. So, what else happened that brought you over to Beverly-voting-fanaticism? What I also don't understand is what does Riker maybe not showing up, when you say you thought she was an inactive Townie without a replacement, have to do with the case against Beverly? This statement is pure bonkers.

You're already on the chopping block and you're not really helping yourself out. Thanks for explaining the ratios for us again. What would we do without Geordi's math skills? What really bugs me about this last statement of yours is that you know no who is pursuing you and Wesley the hardest, it's me and Forg. So, are we Scum, you think? Is there anything you see now that would lead you to that conclusion except for the fact that we might be pressing suspicions against two potential Townies? What else would Townies do in this situation but detail their suspicions regarding the Scummitest players, of which you are definitely one?

I voted for Beverly after I was somewhat understanding either Riker would soon be replaced, or we would move on without Riker, in any capacity. I made the statement, because why have an inactive townie on the roster, and essentially not voting Beverly gets us to a start in the morning. With Riker not needing to be involved, we eliminate killing a possible Townie (if Beverly was one). If we lynched Beverly, and Riker didn't show up, we're possibly down two townies. I was meaning to eliminate as few people at once as possible, town or scum, since night kills are not a thing. Riker showing up assuaged my fears.

I don't think you're scum, at least not now. I think you're playing aggressive to try to weed out scum who might counter you saying "Troi is scum, they're so overly active." Riker, I want to rule out as scum. That leaves me (not scum),That leaves Wesley, Picard, Data, and Forg. I rule out Data from scum; his recent post seems too townie to me. So down to Wesley, Picard, and Forg. My best bet is on the two former, and not because they both voted for me. Wesley said the following...

I disagree that townie me should have pushed to lynch Mom straight away, partly because townie me didn't, and partly because that would have been a massive over-reaction to someone I thought was town. The perceived connection only bothers me now that I know she's scum. If I saw she was being lynched and I was scum I would have worked harder to distance myself from her yesterday and, yes, probably voted to lynch her. 

This seems to hit the sweet spots of a defense. "I didn't do that, so that means I'm blah blah blah." For myself, I've stated my reasonings as they played out. If Wesley is lynched and turns up town, my bet is Picard being scum then. Picard has only spoken once, and just quickly at that to vote for me. I think the captain is flying under the radar to see where the chips lie. I was not pressed to change my vote yesterday.

Vote: LaForge (KotZ)

I think I like this lynch way better. 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, KotZ said:

As others have mentioned, I'm not sure why Beverly voted to extend the day, once it had been approved by the computer. Virtue signalng or whatever the equivalent to looking helpful is?

Vote: William Riker (LadyK)

Due to Riker not showing up, that's my choice for lynch. If we vote out someone else, like Beverly, and Riker doesn't show and is sent out of the airlock, at worst we are down two town members. If we just vote out Riker, we have a better chance of surviving. Then, Beverly who is acting scummy as hell, can be on the chopping block.

This stunk yesterday and it definitely does today. Makes me think he was reserving a seat for the Crusher wagon so he could say he had prior suspicions and wasn't jumping on the wagon at the last minute in order not to look scummy.

Also I kinda doubt both the Crushers are scum. :laugh:

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

I voted for Beverly after I was somewhat understanding either Riker would soon be replaced, or we would move on without Riker, in any capacity. I made the statement, because why have an inactive townie on the roster, and essentially not voting Beverly gets us to a start in the morning. With Riker not needing to be involved, we eliminate killing a possible Townie (if Beverly was one). If we lynched Beverly, and Riker didn't show up, we're possibly down two townies. I was meaning to eliminate as few people at once as possible, town or scum, since night kills are not a thing. Riker showing up assuaged my fears.

I'm going to take a lesson from interacting with Kyle and not freak out about how Scummy this sounds. I realize from the first iteration of this game that we communicate and think very differently from one another. But, this really seems like you know Riker is Town. How does him just showing up assuage your fears? Oh, he showed up. He's Town. :wacko: I realize your fears were that there wouldn't be a replacement, but where in the rules does it say Riker would've been killed if he didn't post yesterday. That's a huge jump in logic, unless I'm missing something. But now, you are counting Riker as Town. Why???? What has Riker done that you trust him? That's, again, bonkers.