Darth Bjorn

[S15 - Scarif - TT] Scarif: Ugly Secrets

*Your entry has earned 20 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

181019_moc_2.jpg

Cdr. Bannon’s Log: Scarif has been a somewhat heated conversation topic among high command as of late. Even though not unanimous, Scarif has been decided as a strategic priority for the Triumvirate expansion. I’ve taken it upon myself to inspect Cdr. Voluth’s mining operation in the former Aurek-14 excavation site. 

Most of Aurek-14 was buried in a mining accident around 0 BBY. If my theory is correct, Aurek-14 should still hold some of the best kept secrets of the Tarkin Initiative. Personally I’d like to have a look myself. An inspection is the perfect cover, and the perfect opportunity to test my new Eta-2 TIE Interceptor.

1920x1280.jpg

Cdr. Voluth: Commander Bannon, we are honored by your presence.
Cdr. Bannon: You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander. I’m here to inspect the mining operation!
Cdr. Voluth: I assure you Cdr. Bannon, my men are working as hard as they can.

Cdr. Bannon: Good... And the salvage operation?
Cdr. Voluth: We have managed to salvage roughly 200 containers of kyber.
Cdr. Bannon: Excellent! Shuttle the containers to my ship immediately. I will inspect a few other sites before I return to my ship. Commander, I want daily reports on the operation.
Cdr. Voluth: Of course sir!

Sometime later... After inspecting a highly classified area of Aurek-14...

1920x1280.jpg

Cdr. Bannon’s Log - continued: My suspicions were correct! The secrets buried on Scarif may very well hold the key to restoring the glory of the Empire! This information cannot end up in the wrong hands. I’ll personally make sure to deliver this intel safely...

///

181019_moc_8.jpg

A closer look at the Eta-2 TIE Interceptor (ugly). The starfighter is a crossover of the Jedi Starfighter and an original TIE fighter, with a few upgrades. Like additional engines, weaponry etc.

I know I have a lot going on in this build, but I didn’t feel like removing anything. The moc is supposed to be a cut-section of the mining canals seen in Scarif concept art from Rogue One. Spend a lot of time on the rockwork and the orange tram that slides on the rail… I hope you enjoy it… :)

Spoiler

1920x1280.jpg

The rear-view of the MOC...

1920x1280.jpg

The shallow waters of Scarif still hold some of the secrets from before the Battle of Yavin...

1920x1440.jpg

The ground still hold scorched remains of the supposed mining disaster around 0 BBY...

1920x1280.jpg

The mines need constant maintenance, which takes its toll on the workers...

1920x1280.jpg

The Triumvirate relying heavily on prison labor in the metal mines of Scarif...

1920x1440.jpg

Safety is not really a priority... The prisoner workforce is considered expendable...

1920x1440.jpg

A new prop...

1920x1440.jpg

More props...

1920x1440.jpg

The landing pad...

1920x1440.jpg

Stairway to... The Triumvirate... :P

1920x1440.jpg

Small communications hub...

1920x1440.jpg

Smal personnel tram, also working as a small lift... The tram slides on the rail that goes through the MOC...

1920x1440.jpg

The attachment to the rail...

1920x1440.jpg

Not much room, but they'd fit...

1920x1280.jpg

Another look at the Ugly fighter...

brett-northcutt-1700-env-pentagonbasepla

The concept art I used for inspiration...

IMG_2769.JPG

The sketch I did before I began building...

Edited by goatman461
Forgot a photo

AWESOME! Your attention to detail is as ever phenomenal. I really like your ugly, still a mash up of two star fighters, but it doesn't feel messy or scrapped together. And of course, us using prisoners for mining, how very imperial :wink:! Great job!

There's so much going on in this build! Moving parts, lights, four different levels of details. There's something new from each different angle. My only criticism is that it's all happening on such a small area. It could be a bit more spread out. But really, that's kinda true to Scarif. There's not a lot of land there. You have to make the best with what you've got. 

@marvelBoy123 Thanks! I wanted to make the wings look like they could belong to the TIE. Maybe that defeats the purpose of being ugly, but I like the outcome.

@Ross Fisher I agree, It should probably be a 64x64 instead of 32x32. That will have to wait a bit.

Thanks for the comments.

Nice eta 2 interceptor moc I love the idea of the empire making uglies from republic and new tie fighters, but I do have a couple questions, 1, how long did it take you to build the base moc alone? 2, what gave you the idea of making the eta 2 interceptor?

fun fact the eta 2 is technically a tie fighter because they used twin ion engines.

Ok this is amazing! This is very inspiring for one of my projects. I’m designing a secret base and find designing the entrance point difficult. This has given me a few ideas.

Wow! This is a fantastic build! Very well balanced and with so many details. I specially like the Scarif sea with the Stormtroopers and the bottom of the mine, which is very interesting with those unaligned pieces.

The ugly starfighter isn't that ugly I would say. It's quite nice built.

4 hours ago, dvogon said:

Wow! This is a fantastic build! Very well balanced and with so many details. I specially like the Scarif sea with the Stormtroopers and the bottom of the mine, which is very interesting with those unaligned pieces.

The ugly starfighter isn't that ugly I would say. It's quite nice built.

Ugly just means that it is basically cobbled together with whatever was lying about in the scrapyard.

Thanks a lot guys!!

@Toa_of_Shadow I just really liked the Jedi starfighters from RoTS. They seemed nimble and fast, and I wanted to combine that with the imperial 'brutalism' aesthetic!

@Anonknee Muss I'm happy that I've inspired something! I'd love to see what you come up with...