TheBeeze

[Review] Minifigcat Modular Weapon Series

Minifig cat released this series with the last year. This takes Lego weaponry to a whole new level. This is a great series with a ton of potential for future expansion.

49571197666_107e7b23bb_z.jpgGreat Brick War- Minifigcat Modular Weapon Series by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Currently they offer 3 base platforms- AR base, Mp5, Scar

49570695038_e708a0ec62_z.jpgGreat Brick War- Minifigcat Modular Weapon Series by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

You'll see in the photo of all of the customs I made that you have the ability to mix and match parts across platforms and a multitude of colors. The most interesting is the magazine compatibility across all 3 platforms to allow you to make weapons chambered in different rounds.

I have hopes that they expand on this line in the future. The ability to add scopes to the SCAR and AR could easily ruin tiny tactical if minifigcat starts producing a variety of scopes, front rails, stocks or other platforms like AKs or the 249

49570695528_73c5447d9e_c.jpgGreat Brick War- Minifigcat Modular Weapon Series by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

_---------------_

Update as of 5/16/20

I guess this is a case of "ask and you shall receive". Minifigcat released a series of sights and scopes for their modular weapon system. The set includes a Holosight (EO tech), a red dot (Aimpoint), and a magnified sight (Similar to an ACOG). They come in a whole range if colors to match the weapons. 

49903598537_2392f8371e_c.jpgMinifigcat Mod System by thebeeze111, on Flickr

49903289046_e9ced35207_c.jpgMinifigcat Mod System by thebeeze111, on Flickr

49903289041_c4636f9084_c.jpgMinifigcat Mod System by thebeeze111, on Flickr

UPDATE 6/26/20

50047850266_593ffae309_c.jpgGreat Brick War: minifigcat Mod System by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Minifigcat has struck once again and gone ahead and revealed a new line of parts for their modular weapon series. They have released accessory kits for all three of their weapon lines (MP5, AR, SCAR). 

The MP5 Accessory kit comes with a rail front end which has a hole on it for attachments (though the grab is not great), 3 new Mags which appear to be a bigger caliber, and new style stock. Interesting to note that the new front end has a muzzle small enough for suppressors. 

The AR accessory kit comes with a new railed front end (also with a hole for attachments and much better grab than the MP5), a light/laser/PEQ item for the rails (can fit on the older rail as well), a hexagonal curved suppressor, P-Mag, and a new style stock. 

The SCAR Accessory kit comes with a new style stock, an Aimpoint Micro/T1, Drum Mag, P-Mag, and a new Front end with a grenade launcher attached. 

What's interesting about all of these items is that they are not only interchangeable with the older parts, but you can also mix and match some parts across platforms. I am glad to see that they are really adding to this series as the possibilities are endless. Now all we need is an AK platform. Below are some of the variations I quickly put together. Feel free to drop any questions you may have. 

50048110597_8d1856909c_c.jpgGreat Brick War: minifigcat Mod System by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

50048110517_059d225997_c.jpgGreat Brick War: minifigcat Mod System by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

50047850111_3e75f19fc7_c.jpgGreat Brick War: minifigcat Mod System by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Great presentation, thank you. And let me be a liiiiiitle mean. This is a completely solution for gun modufication. There are many people out there that cut and glue parts. I dont tell that it is bad to do it, but as a company offers ready products, it's not a big deal so to advertise themseves as moders

Edited by paintballman

Interesting. It's always good to see that you are increasingly moving towards the possibility of purchasing individual weapons or packages that present personalizations, even deep ones, or only paints that considerably increase their overall realism.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Those look pretty neat. How is the clutch power? Do you need glue to hold the parts in place? 

Hey Man :classic: The grab on them is great so far, even with a little interchanging. No glue needed. I am fearful about constantly changing the front ends and stocks on the rifles though because the clutch is so good I feel like they could snap. 

Finally made an account here, gotta say I love the looks and how they develop the system, I wonder which method is better for these modular systems, square ones, like in here with Minifigcat, or circular, like with Brickarms MODCOM. Either way, it's important that Minifigcat actually develops and sells their system, for me, being far away from any convention etc it was hard to grab any MODCOMs when they were being released there. I am anxiously waiting for even more accessories and weapon platforms to be added.

3 hours ago, Mad Runner said:

Glad you made it over here. They've developed a lot so far so I'm hoping it continues.

Minifigcat has done it yet again with it's latest release in their weapon line. Maybe not so much a modular but you'll see why in a minute.

Behold the RPG pack!

51733156535_7f4a05fc02_c.jpgNew Minifigcat RPG Packs by thebeeze111, on Flickr

Capable of being attached to any stud based carrying system (vest, belt, plate carrier, etc) the RPG pack is the perfect addition to complete your NVA, Soviet, Freedom Fighter Load out!

51732265861_672390e49a_c.jpgNew Minifigcat RPG Packs by thebeeze111, on Flickr