JamesJT

[MOC] Porsche 911 991.2 Carrera based on 42096

I devolved 42096 back in to a road car. The offset on the 42110 wheels means the model is 23 studs wide using stand CV joint/double wishbone set up. I moved the engine to behind the rear axle and added a simple 2 speed gearbox.

Instructions by GeyserBricks are on Rebrickable.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-35921/GeyserBricks/porsche-991-carrera-2016-42096-devo/#comments

Good job my dude. Looks great, and the spoiler going up when shifting is a nice touch. The new wheels look great. But as a gearbox enthusiast a 2 speed gearbox does not satisfy me at all. It should be possible to squeeze a 4 speed with the wave selector in a car that size. And I wish the print on the wheel arches wasn't there, it looks so clean everywhere else...

That’s really nice, I like the back lights a lot. 
Definitely get a more complex gearbox in there if you can. 

Your building skills and especially the frequency you are pumping out these cars are mindblowing! I would prefer this cute Porsche a hundred times over the 42096 on my shelf. I guess if these wheels would be white, the whole appearance was unbeatable.The proportions are good, nice yet simple basic functions. Great job again :thumbup:!

Using the Rebrickable compare utility there are 520 additional parts (114 types) most of which are reasonably common.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, Gray Gear said:

It should be possible to squeeze a 4 speed with the wave selector in a car that size.

Probably but I was only intending to make a road going version of 42096. The gearbox and panels were added at the end instead of RC to keep the build cost down.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, MinusAndy said:

That’s really nice, I like the back lights a lot. 

Thanks but that's one of the bits I kept the same as 42096. Roof and A pillars are the same too.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:41 AM, Homersapien said:

Did you use only parts from Porsche RSR ? (except rims of course)

Its about 70% RSR, We tried really hard to make sure all the extra parts are cheap and plentiful.