Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: Hidden Side 70432 Haunted Fairground

Finally got time to open some of my 2020 Hidden Side purchases.  Here is my reivew on 70432 Haunted Fairground.

THE GOOD:

• The minifigures are excellent. Especially the clown with tall hat, he looks so creepy at time.
  • Nice touch on the interior of the ticket booth.
  • Interesting use of parts to create the clown face.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• For long time collectors like me, the design of this set lack freshness.  
  • The drop ride action feature doesn't work that well.  
  • I do wish the drop ride could separated from the coaster in a modular way or detachable.

Overall, I think this set is ok.  Not excellent nor rubbish.  I guess it's always difficult to have roller coaster at this price point, I wonder if there are any fairground ride would gives this more freshness.  It's a shame the action feature doesn't work too well or may be it was just not using correctly.  And this set is surprisingly taking up lots of space, it's not a huge set but the total width and height takes up lots of space.  Despite the flaw, the minifigures in this set are excellent, the clowns sealed the deal for me. I will recommend this for new collectors and for long time collectors, I suggest wait for a discount or just get the minifigures individually.  

Good job with the video review!

After watching it my only major problem with the whole set is that I simply don't like these semi-made type of sets. At first you may think it is fun, but it is actually pretty lackluster. Either make it a whole roller-coaster set like the Creator one,

lego-roller-coaster-set-10261-15-2.jpg

or if it is too much for the budget just make a simple one-leveled circle at least. Those elements are quite big so it would have only taken a hundred pieces more. And that's it, you get a really fun set that case.

I felt just the same with the old Temple of Doom or the Spider-man train rescue sets:

ac910b39-d972-408b-9b31-eba9cc613301_1.8fcc02b91b87c0f2d257f8af5318ed35.jpeg7199-1.png

For serious, just +50 pieces and you get a full circle and the whole action gets more fluent and realistic. I just hate these stingy executions.

Edited by Medzomorak

Just now, Medzomorak said:

Honeslty just +50 pieces and you get a full circle and the whole action gets more fluent and realistic. I just hate these stingy executions.

I agree a full circle would have gotten me way more interest in the set compared to just a loose end.

Toy Story had this and that was a €20 set : 

10771-1.jpg?201904230852

This Hidden Side set is €50.

Edited by TeriXeri

15 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

if it is too much for the budget just make a simple one-leveled circle at least.

yes totally agree.  I guess it's hard for them to have one full circle with Hidden Side's transformation.

The fantastic Creator 3-in-1 Pirate rollercoaster set is the best comparison here in terms of price and part count.

It had a complete circle and lots of fun features. 

This HS fairground sadly has neither.