MaximB

[MOC] Once upon a book

I must say, unfortunately, I do not enjoy reading books.

And I am glad and proud that my kids are looking forward for visiting the bookstore.

49558200412_3b736cdcf6_c.jpgOnce upon a book. First by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

More photo:

Some building techniques:

Edited by MaximB

2 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Simply exquisite! So many great details.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Joel010 said:

Just fantastic, nice details, awesome work! How long did it take?

Thank you!

I started about a year ago. But more time there was no inspiration, and then I waited a long time for the parts. 

That is excellent!! I especially love the choice of dark green for the shop and the use of cheese slopes to create the texture in the shop front.

Nice work and thanks for sharing!!

Excellent, great use of cheese slopes and SNOT in a lot of places! Would like to see the roof design in more detail, very well done.

That's a shame. I liked the fantasy books so much that I ended up reading STARWARS for any kind of stormtrooper dexterity, instead of doing that pirate book... Treasure Island, or whatever. I've read so many fantasy books with mercenary rogues/and rangers that I am compelled to read them in Polish to strengthen my Polish fluency for nobility aspects to continue. 

Nice building, I'll take a look at your other ones there also - they seem right up my fancy.

Your workmanship is great.

Ohh that green on the tan !!!! Looks great.  I love the details ... I think that's the most detailed Arial I've seen ... I just wish you would have put a heat pump on the roof too.

The other detail I absolutely love is how everyone's staring at the mobile and the one girl has a book. 

This would display nicely next to a small park with people reading on benches.

How well do the cheese slopes hold up to jostling in the window frames?  I know most mosaics hold all long as they are not tipped past the point of no return is this the case?

Wow, the texturing on the building is superb! It also has a really nice footprint for a corner building. Great work! :laugh: :thumbup:

Very nice building, with very interesting use of pieces.  I am also curious how the cheese slope pieces all stay in place?

Obviously it's all good, but a great use of jumpers and tiles to achieve small depth increases and I like the stacked 1x1 plates on either side of the windows. Curious why you used paint brushes instead of short axles to reverse the 2x2 round plates under the roof top.

Edited by gotoAndLego

On 2/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, carebear said:

Love this corner bookstore, this looks great in any town!

Greetings!

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 3:10 PM, peedeejay said:

Good stuff! I like the reduced colors and details.

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Agent 86 said:

Deceptively “simple” looking, but undeniably lovely! What a great design and build.

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, ArneNielsen said:

Very clever use of cross-wrenchs for the fence!

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, sdrnet said:

very very nice!
some very effective techniques

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, greg3 said:

That is excellent!! I especially love the choice of dark green for the shop and the use of cheese slopes to create the texture in the shop front.

Nice work and thanks for sharing!!

Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, Berthil said:

Excellent, great use of cheese slopes and SNOT in a lot of places! Would like to see the roof design in more detail, very well done.

Thank you! Roof technique

Sorry for the second post in a row, but it is very difficult to answer all in one.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, Viper Knight said:

That's a shame. I liked the fantasy books so much that I ended up reading STARWARS for any kind of stormtrooper dexterity, instead of doing that pirate book... Treasure Island, or whatever. I've read so many fantasy books with mercenary rogues/and rangers that I am compelled to read them in Polish to strengthen my Polish fluency for nobility aspects to continue. 

Nice building, I'll take a look at your other ones there also - they seem right up my fancy.

Your workmanship is great.

Well, yes, ashamed! But I am happy for you!
Thank you!

On 2/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Ohh that green on the tan !!!! Looks great.  I love the details ... I think that's the most detailed Arial I've seen ... I just wish you would have put a heat pump on the roof too.

The other detail I absolutely love is how everyone's staring at the mobile and the one girl has a book. 

This would display nicely next to a small park with people reading on benches.

How well do the cheese slopes hold up to jostling in the window frames?  I know most mosaics hold all long as they are not tipped past the point of no return is this the case?

Thank you! 
Yes, the idea with the park is great. They hold on due to friction / abutment (sorry, my English is bad). Strong enough - you can even turn it upside down. What can not be said about the doors to the bookstore - there will fall out when tilted.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I agree ...the windows IMO are simply perfect! :wub:

The fences and the doors ...oooh just a HUGE WOW!

Thank you!

On 2/22/2020 at 3:59 PM, ExeSandbox said:

Wow, the texturing on the building is superb! It also has a really nice footprint for a corner building. Great work! :laugh: :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 2/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, CSW652 said:

Very nice building, with very interesting use of pieces.  I am also curious how the cheese slope pieces all stay in place?

Thank you! Yes, the cheese slope in the doors of the bookstore will not withstand a strong slope.

19 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Obviously it's all good, but a great use of jumpers and tiles to achieve small depth increases and I like the stacked 1x1 plates on either side of the windows. Curious why you used paint brushes instead of short axles to reverse the 2x2 round plates under the roof top.

Thank you! The 3l bar is a bit long.

51 minutes ago, jalemac34 said:

Superb

The details, the melt of colours, very inspiring techniques on the store front

Very good job

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Wow, fantastic detailing from the fence to the fire hydrant. The dark green on the lower floor looks great!

Thank you!

Added the technique of building some elements.  

Very well done, the shop facade although one colour has plenty of texture to make it interesting. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Wow. Excellent job here. What an amazing details all around and thanks for showing some of the techniques. I also like the front of the store a lot.

Amazing job. It's one of those modulars that is a little bit deceptive. I honestly thought it was much bigger than it actually seems to be, like @snaillad Piazza Maria scale :grin: The colours work really well, the shapes work together nicely and I like how you've pulled off the bookshop entrance. I did something similar for one of my modulars a little while ago, but yours looks better.