Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day One

16 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Again, thanks for the clarification. Given this, I definitely do NOT want to have a no-lynch. Why give the scum the choice of who dies? Much better we pick so that we at least have a chance to get a scummo dead. 

In a game with no night actions whatsoever, how is a no-lynch ever going to help Town? There's no new information to be gained by stalling. Of course, a no-lynch wouldn't help Scum either, unless... unless they already knew that they would get a night kill as a reward. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Due to Riker not showing up, that's my choice for lynch. If we vote out someone else, like Beverly, and Riker doesn't show and is sent out of the airlock, at worst we are down two town members. If we just vote out Riker, we have a better chance of surviving. Then, Beverly who is acting scummy as hell, can be on the chopping block. 

If Riker is Scum, sending him out the airlock would put Scum at a serious disadvantage. I think the role would be passed on to someone else. On the other hand, if Riker is Town voting for him when he's no longer in the game anyway means giving up on the information provided by the alignment reveal tomorrow. How is that useful?

Are we just giving the Scum a kill here?

We have 7 hours to get it together and vote somebody out.

Beverly, @mostlytechnic What was the intention of your intentionally bad logic. Were you trying to learn something about the rest of us? It's a very odd thing to say. I do remember the last time we had to play this game on this ship the people acting Scummy were actually Town. But that doesn't mean we should ignore Scummy behavior. Your statement is weird and then as Worf pointed out, the vote to extend the day also stood out as unnecessary and potentially a Scum CYA.

Picard, @Kristel just a technical point, I thought OMGUS stood for "Oh my God, you suck." What is OMUS? "Oh my, you suck?" And I agree with Wesley that it was a bit of a stretch to feel that I was accusing you with what I had said. I thought you were accusing me of an OMGUS vote, but now I see you were considering placing an OMGUS vote, yourself. Which is typically Scummy, IMO.

Data @Trekkie99 and Beverly, What is all this talk about the captain not being Scum or Q not pairing up a mother and son. That's ludicrous. The roles should be chosen at random and we should consider all possibilities.

8 hours ago, Pandora said:

You admit you don't have much to go on, and then say you'd LOVE to vote for someone else (we'll get to the hazy logic around why later) - so why not just vote for the person you'd LOVE to vote for and maybe not vote for the exact person they're voting for? 

Really?  If I felt that strongly about voting for Troi, I would have done so.  Let me rephrase what I wrote:

If I were allowed two votes, then I would also place a vote on Troi; but I don't, so I will go stick with my first choice. 

8 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Yeah. 100%, but I really don't wanna lynch MT two games in a row on day one. :cry_sad:

What kind of logic is this? If they are scum, they have to go.

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

As others have mentioned, I'm not sure why Beverly voted to extend the day, once it had been approved by the computer. Virtue signalng or whatever the equivalent to looking helpful is?

Vote: William Riker (LadyK)

Due to Riker not showing up, that's my choice for lynch. If we vote out someone else, like Beverly, and Riker doesn't show and is sent out of the airlock, at worst we are down two town members. If we just vote out Riker, we have a better chance of surviving. Then, Beverly who is acting scummy as hell, can be on the chopping block.

I don't understand why you don't vote for Beverly if you think she is acting scummy as hell.  Surely its better to vote for someone who is acting scummy than someone we have no read on whatsoever.

53 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

What is OMUS? 

OMUS is a spelling mistake that I can't fix because of the ship rules.

Also, Unvote: Geordie LaForge (Kotz).

Vote: Beverly Crusher (mostlytechnic) because I agree that she is acting scummy. 

3 minutes ago, Kristel said:

If I were allowed two votes, then I would also place a vote on Troi; but I don't, so I will go stick with my first choice.

Here is why OMGUS votes are Scummy, though. How does suspecting of you of being Scum (which I actually wasn't. You and Worf both voiced disagreement with Kyle) make me Scum?

Not to mention, my theory about Scum having the conversation in the Day thread vs. the writeboard didn't have to have occurred before I theorized about it. It doesn't mean that only the people had voiced opposition to Geordi's incorrect assumption were Scum. I admit as I hypothesized that the suspicion was super weak sauce. This is, at the very least, an over-reaction on your part.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

As others have mentioned, I'm not sure why Beverly voted to extend the day, once it had been approved by the computer. Virtue signalng or whatever the equivalent to looking helpful is?

Nah. Not feeling this. Not to mention that Beverly is on Riker's wagon. 

51 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Yeah, but I'd kinda feel like a dick if I did. Oh well. Here's to being a dick. :snicker:

Unvote: Riker (LadyK)

Vote: Crusher (mostlytechnic)

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Data @Trekkie99 and Beverly, What is all this talk about the captain not being Scum or Q not pairing up a mother and son. That's ludicrous. The roles should be chosen at random and we should consider all possibilities.

Role playing dear counselor. :grin: 

14 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Role playing dear counselor. :grin: 

Am I a counselor? I don't know any Star Treks. Either way, I kind of assumed this was a joke, which is another reason it's weird that Beverly is calling it logical that Picard wouldn't be Scum just because he's Picard.

Vote Count:
William Riker/LadyK - 2 (mostlytechnic, KotZ)
Geordi LaForge/KotZ - 1 (Kristel)
Beverly Crusher - 4 (Fugazi, Hinckley, Kristel, Trekkie99)
Jean-Luc Picard - 1 (Pandora)

With eight players, a majority of five is required. Four hours remain in the day.

Ok... what have we learnt so far?

picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Kristel

Super sensitive to actual or perceived suspicions directed at him or in his general direction. Voted Geordi because couldn't see his eyes, then Bev because she's acting scummy.

riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Lady K

Number One, where are you? Could be scum or town, inactivity isn't a real tell.

data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99

Voted Riker to wake him up, never switched since. Oh wait, he just did. :look: Switched to Beverly because he's a dick. Can't blame him. Is this bandwagoning or working towards nailing a lynch? I guess only time will tell.

laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ

Voted Wesley to wake him up, then switched to Riker. He's really our champion alarm clock. Of the opinion that we should get rid of Riker because he's a useless commander.

crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic

Poke vote for Picard, then switched to Riker because scum try to fly under the radar.

troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley

Went from laid back to uber active. Voted Geordi mostly because of metagaming, then switched to Bev because I'm persuasive and she secretly loves me and we're going to have a romance in a few seasons. :tongue:

worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi

Voted Beverly because she doesn't make much sense. He also loves himself because no one else does.

wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora 

Still waiting for him to save the day. Voted Worf because Worf gets no break, then switched to Picard because unrequited love he's being super sensitive.

5 hours ago, Fugazi said:

You too? You would rather lynch someone who's not showing up, probably for personal reasons unrelated to the game, rather than Beverly "who is acting scummy as hell" ? :wacko: How does that make any sense?

5 hours ago, Fugazi said:

In a game with no night actions whatsoever, how is a no-lynch ever going to help Town? There's no new information to be gained by stalling. Of course, a no-lynch wouldn't help Scum either, unless... unless they already knew that they would get a night kill as a reward. :sceptic:

If Riker is Scum, sending him out the airlock would put Scum at a serious disadvantage. I think the role would be passed on to someone else. On the other hand, if Riker is Town voting for him when he's no longer in the game anyway means giving up on the information provided by the alignment reveal tomorrow. How is that useful?

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

I don't understand why you don't vote for Beverly if you think she is acting scummy as hell.  Surely its better to vote for someone who is acting scummy than someone we have no read on whatsoever.

Maybe I'm just used to us always lynching quiet/inactive players early. And if the role is possibly being passed on (like a good chance), then I gladly unvote Riker and vote for Bev. Best case, both are scum. Hopeful good case, Bev is scum, and we keep Riker (who is either scum or not). Middling case, both are gone and one is scum, one is town. Worst case, both are town. Looking at this, it does seem like a good option, now.

Unvote: Riker

Vote: Beverly

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

Really?  If I felt that strongly about voting for Troi, I would have done so.  Let me rephrase what I wrote:

Yeah rephrasing and rewriting history. :hmpf_bad:

You said you had pretty much no reason to vote for Geordi, but if only you could have voted for Deanna, for something she didn't even accuse you of, because OMGUS.

You did not feel at all strongly about voting for Geordi and you said you would have LOVEd to have voted for Deanna. And your reason for wanting to vote for Deanna was because in the most convoluted and opaque way possible you think she might have accused you of being scum. You, captain, are talking out of your bottom.

You voted for Geordi because Deanna had, and it was a) a shot at a band wagon and b) a way to keep Deanna on side. This makes Deanna look more town to me, and I like her better now she's sober. I think your partner in crime is Data. He's said virtually nothing except join the new band wagon for Mom. So much for his amazing android brain. Oh dear, snigger, I'm being a dick and voting someone out for little to no reason because I'm scum.

I have no love for Mom outside of the usual Son/Mom relationship for the sake of roleplaying, and if I think she's sided with Q I'll push her out the airlock myself. Right now I think everyone is over-reacting to some sarcastic comments Mom made, and some role playing too. It's a band wagon with poor reasoning, and I'm not getting on.

This'll get spun into "Wesley and Beverly are scum buddies" but I don't care. There's no third party, there are no night actions, there's nothing to be disingenuous about, no reason to hide my true thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora 

Still waiting for him to save the day. 

:tongue: 

Vote Count:
William Riker/LadyK - 1 (mostlytechnic)
Beverly Crusher - 5 (Fugazi, Hinckley, Kristel, Trekkie99, KotZ)

With eight players, a majority of five is required. Four hours remain in the day.

49 minutes ago, Pandora said:

This'll get spun into "Wesley and Beverly are scum buddies" but I don't care. There's no third party, there are no night actions, there's nothing to be disingenuous about, no reason to hide my true thoughts. 

Why would you be worried about being associated with Beverly, if you're pretty sure she's Town and we'll know her alignment by tomorrow, at this rate?

20 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Deliberately bad logic? Wut? OMG it was a trap! :wacko:

You're right, it wasn't needed. Aren't you being overly careful here? Like in, making sure you don't stick out from the pack...

Seriously? Day 1 is always joking and role playing. That's all. Of COURSE I know the roles are all random. I was freaking JOKING about Picard being Q's pick and the bad logic and Wes and I and all that stuff. 

8 hours ago, KotZ said:

I made my vote to share my opinion. Would you rather I just have said "yep, I like extending too" without placing the vote? That seems silly. And yes, you've nailed why I voted Riker. Someone not being around AT ALL indicates something going on real-world, not any indication of alignment. Therefore, get rid of them rather than deal with replacement players or lynching someone else and still losing the missing player. 

7 hours ago, Fugazi said:

You too? You would rather lynch someone who's not showing up, probably for personal reasons unrelated to the game, rather than Beverly "who is acting scummy as hell" ? :wacko: How does that make any sense?

See above. 

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Are we just giving the Scum a kill here?

We have 7 hours to get it together and vote somebody out.

Beverly, @mostlytechnic What was the intention of your intentionally bad logic. Were you trying to learn something about the rest of us? It's a very odd thing to say. I do remember the last time we had to play this game on this ship the people acting Scummy were actually Town. But that doesn't mean we should ignore Scummy behavior. Your statement is weird and then as Worf pointed out, the vote to extend the day also stood out as unnecessary and potentially a Scum CYA.

Picard, @Kristel just a technical point, I thought OMGUS stood for "Oh my God, you suck." What is OMUS? "Oh my, you suck?" And I agree with Wesley that it was a bit of a stretch to feel that I was accusing you with what I had said. I thought you were accusing me of an OMGUS vote, but now I see you were considering placing an OMGUS vote, yourself. Which is typically Scummy, IMO.

See above. Do you really think I'd be serious about all that? 

Just now, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Beverly Crusher - 5 (Fugazi, Hinckley, Kristel, Trekkie99, KotZ)

Computer, please re-check your math. You said there were 4 hours left in your previous count 2 hours ago...

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

Computer, please re-check your math. You said there were 4 hours left in your previous count 2 hours ago...

I forgot to change it in the copy/paste :blush:

Two hours remain in the day.

13 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Seriously? Day 1 is always joking and role playing. That's all. Of COURSE I know the roles are all random. I was freaking JOKING about Picard being Q's pick and the bad logic and Wes and I and all that stuff.  

Mmm okay... Maybe you should use a few more emoticons for us thick Klingons who take everything seriously. :sceptic:

20 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I made my vote to share my opinion. Would you rather I just have said "yep, I like extending too" without placing the vote? That seems silly. And yes, you've nailed why I voted Riker. Someone not being around AT ALL indicates something going on real-world, not any indication of alignment. Therefore, get rid of them rather than deal with replacement players or lynching someone else and still losing the missing player.  

But Riker hasn't played at all. He never started the game. Regardless of his alignment he will probably be replaced at the end of the day, because neither Town or Scum should be punished for him not showing up.

Just now, Fugazi said:

Mmm okay... Maybe you should use a few more emoticons for us thick Klingons who take everything seriously. :sceptic:

But Riker hasn't played at all. He never started the game. Regardless of his alignment he will probably be replaced at the end of the day, because neither Town or Scum should be punished for him not showing up.

Really? Bob's been asking and hasn't gotten any takers. So it seems to me like a nice thing to help the host out by lynching the absent person

8 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Really? Bob's been asking and hasn't gotten any takers. So it seems to me like a nice thing to help the host out by lynching the absent person 

But how does that help us? I have the feeling that you're assuming that Riker is Town. Do you know that Riker is Town? If Riker is Scum Bob can't just allow him to be lynched and seriously mess the game balance, right?

On 2/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, KotZ said:

It's too early in the game to vote to extend the day, in my opinion, even if it would give people more time.

Vote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)

As a wake up vote. Also Wesley was the first person on the list as I scrolled from the bottom to top to see who had posted.

So your going to vote a wake up call to the first person on the list as you scrolled from bottom to top to see who had posted? Really? 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, KotZ said:

Because I would prefer to keep the day extension for a day when analysis is more important. The extra 24 hours is crucial. We find Day 1 usually is a BS day of people jumping on little things, or we reach a no vote which can hamper or harm the town, although that final point is irrelevant in this specific game, as we must reach a conclusion of a lynch by the end of the day. I would rather vote out a nonvocal player and then use the day extension the next day for more analysis.

And excuse my, my name is Geordie, or can't you read? I can teach you, you know. At least I'm not a Karen.

But Day 1 could use more analysis.  With all the fluff and role playing, more time would give us more to go with in the following days.  Also very interesting that you would want to vote out a non vocal player; its only day 1 so why would a scum stand out as non vocal?

On 2/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, KotZ said:

For the record, I think both of you are absolutely nuts. Since Wesley is awake, there really isn't any reason for me to keep my vote on him.

Unvote: Wesley (Pandora)

That still leaves one person that hasn't appeared: Riker. I'd rather us vote out Riker than another person or reach a no lynch.

So now the person you selected as non vocal has appeared, you choose to vote another non vocal player.  Exactly how is this train of thought going to help town find scum?  

20 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Congratulations to you as well for being Scummy when you don't need to be in a game where there are no Actions. This is a bright red Scum beacon.

Unvote: Geordi LaForge (Kotz)

Vote: Whoever the megabluck, put your god damn name in your sig (mostlytechnic)

This seems a bit reactionary for you.  Now it has taken me a very long time to travel around the asteroid field and make my way back here to you all, but normally you give lots and lots and lots of reasons and thoughts into a vote.

13 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Yeah. 100%, but I really don't wanna lynch MT two games in a row on day one. :cry_sad:

Why?  Do you know something we don't?

9 hours ago, KotZ said:

If Beverly is scummy to you then that is who you go with.  Or are you trying to make it look like you are actually helping here?  This statement alone makes you seem far more scummy than Beverly.

8 hours ago, Fugazi said:

It doesn't make any sense.  Unless as I just stated it is said to make it look helpful.  Which to me looks far more questionable than helpful.

7 hours ago, Fugazi said:

A no lynch would not be helpful at this point. I don't see the benefit to either side in this situation.  And yes, in the past I have been an advocate of a no lynch.

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Maybe I'm just used to us always lynching quiet/inactive players early. And if the role is possibly being passed on (like a good chance), then I gladly unvote Riker and vote for Bev. Best case, both are scum. Hopeful good case, Bev is scum, and we keep Riker (who is either scum or not). Middling case, both are gone and one is scum, one is town. Worst case, both are town. Looking at this, it does seem like a good option, now.

Unvote: Riker

Vote: Beverly

Why am I getting the feeling here that your worst case is what you are truly hoping for.  Yes, I see that you are un voting me and voting for Beverly.  What I am seeing here is that your previously stated thoughts on lynching the non vocal has changed once you saw the bandwagon forming on Beverly. I hadn't even been able to give my thoughts yet.  Why didn't you vote earlier for Bev when you stated you thought she was scummy; why wait till more had voted and then add yours to the list?

46 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

See above. 

See above. Do you really think I'd be serious about all that? 

:ugh:  Really.....a missing or seriously delayed player can always be mod killed; at least that was how it was last time I was here.

So now that I have had time to read everything so far, and decide that going into the asteroid field would have been a better option than trying to make sense of what is going on here; I have decided on my vote:

Vote:  Geordi LaForge (KotZ)

Why?  Based on how he has approached this whole day extension voting for non vocal players and then very quickly switch his vote to the bandwagon vote all while trying to seen helpful just isn't helpful or very town like.  Now, I have been away awhile, but from past experience it seems rather scummy behavior meant to look confused and helpful.

I just don't have a good feeling about it plain and simple.

19 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Exactly how is this nice or helpful? 

Vote Count:
Geordi LaForge/KotZ - 1 (Lady K)
Beverly Crusher - 5 (Fugazi, Hinckley, Kristel, Trekkie99, KotZ)

With eight players, a majority of five is required. Beverly Crusher / Mostlytechnic has been lynched!

Edited by Bob

img_2996.jpg

"So then, you've decided upon the great Doctor Crusher first." Q said.

img_2998.jpg

With a snap of his fingers, Beverly Crusher disappeared off the bridge. Picard stepped forward

"Where have you sent her, Q?" he asked, angrily.

"Away from our game." he replied. "You will see her again soon, worry not."

---