Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day One

star_trek_mafia_2_banner.png

Players Only Please!

Day One: Re-encounter at Farpoint

latest?cb=20160203203647&path-prefix=en

The Enterprise-D is crusing through space after another mission.

img_2989.jpg

"Well, I'd say the colonists on New Berlin are safe once more after we've dealt with that asteroid." Riker said.

"Quite. I'm looking forward to our upcoming archaelogical expedition."

It was not to be, however, as with a flash, the mischievous Q appeared on the bridge!

img_2990.jpg

"Bonjour, Picard. I apologize for dropping in so suddenly."

"Q! What are you doing here!" Picard shouted, angrily.

"Can't I drop in from time to time to visit my friends?"

"No." Worf replied

img_2991.jpg

"Ah, well, you've caught me. I was doing some reading of your Starfleet records when I came across a mysterious event that the original Enterprise crew had. They played a game called mafia, and after some research, I decided that we should all do the same!"

img_2992.jpg

Picard and Riker stood up, quite displeased.

"We will not be pawns for your amusement!" Worf shouted.

"Mr. Worf, please calm down." Picard said. "We will not be pawns for your amusement."

Worf sighed after being reprimanded again.

"There are eight of you on this bridge. Two of you are now randomly scum. Any attempt to not play my game will result in me destroying this ship instantly. I have frozen the rest of the ship so there's no other distractions from anyone else. And I've taken Counselor Troi's empathic powers away so she can't cheat."

"Oh dear." Troi said, upset.

With that, Q disappeared in a flash as quick as he appeared, leaving the bridge crew of the Enterprise to decide what to do next.

---

With eight players, a majority of five is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day. 
With eight players, a majority of five is required to extend the day an extra 24 hours for a maximum of 72 hours.

Players (8):
picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Kristel
riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Lady K
data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99
laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ
crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic
troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley
worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi
wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are eight players. Two of those players are Q's scum. The other six are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for a minimum of 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 24 hours once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. This majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of Q's scum and the scum win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the scum
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.
11) You must post in every day thread! 

We're going to wait for Lady K, but if she doesn't show, we'll replace her. 

This is a silly game. When this Q returns, I'm going to slice his head off and send the rest out of the airlock. With your permission, sir. Maybe he's immortal, but that won't stop me from trying.

In the meantime, as head of security I say we get started on this investigation. The sooner we find the scum the sooner we put an end to this stupid child play and get back to our actual mission.

Now everybody, get talking. We won't get anywhere without the cooperation of all hands.

Is Q providing the special armament for this ship? Paging 007. I read that in a book.

29 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Now everybody, get talking. We won't get anywhere without the cooperation of all hands.

Only Scum would talk with their hands. Found one.

10 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Only Scum would talk with their hands. Found one. 

Talk to the hand. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Fugazi said:

When this Q returns, I'm going to slice his head off and send the rest out of the airlock. With your permission, sir.

Permission granted.  Can't stand the sight of that guy.

I am clearly at a diadvantage in our current situation, as I lack the ability to have a "gut feeling". 

17 hours ago, Bob said:

img_2991.jpg

"Ah, well, you've caught me. I was doing some reading of your Starfleet records when I came across a mysterious event that the original Enterprise crew had. They played a game called mafia, and after some research, I decided that we should all do the same!"

img_2992.jpg

Hey, look at these 2 pictures... there's a long black hair on the floor (long by our minifig standards at least). That's a clue that Deanna must be one of the scum right? 

17 hours ago, Bob said:

10) There's no clues anywhere.

Crap. Guess I shouldn't vote based on that. 

7 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I am clearly at a diadvantage in our current situation, as I lack the ability to have a "gut feeling". 

Ah, but you have the most logic of any of us, so you should absolutely have an advantage. Figure it out for us before we die!

It's too early in the game to vote to extend the day, in my opinion, even if it would give people more time.

Vote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)

As a wake up vote. Also Wesley was the first person on the list as I scrolled from the bottom to top to see who had posted.

I will vote for Cammander Riker, in an attempt to alert him of his needed presence on the bridge.

Vote: (Cammander Riker)

Well, everyone needing awakened has already been poked. So instead, I'll 

Vote: Picard (Kristel)

because who else would Q pick to be scummy than our captain? 

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

Well, everyone needing awakened has already been poked. So instead, I'll 

Anyone other than me.  Q has his fun by making me squirm while I try and figure out what he has done.  It's not me.

We need to lynch a red shirt, because red shirts are expendable. Uh wait, wrong century, this is the Next Generation. :blush:

I will vote: Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi (Hinckley). She's way too laid-back today, she is probably plotting and scheming on the scum board as we speak. :sadnew:

And then she kind of has a red shirt too. :grin:

Votes aren't alarm clocks! :hmpf:

1 hour ago, Fugazi said:

I will vote: Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi (Hinckley). She's way too laid-back today, she is probably plotting and scheming on the scum board as we speak. :sadnew:

What would Scum be scheming in a game with no Actions? :wacko: You're also laid back. What's not to be laid back about? Nobody can do anything and we can't be killed at night.

Having not heard from roughly half of the crew, why is Geordie LaForge so eager to end the day? Why wouldn't we want as much time as possible to get reads on people, seeing as that's all we have.

Vote: Geordie LaForge (KotZ)

Vote: extend the day

Why are we calling Kyle Geordie?

17 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Votes aren't alarm clocks! :hmpf:

What would Scum be scheming in a game with no Actions? :wacko: You're also laid back. What's not to be laid back about? Nobody can do anything and we can't be killed at night.

Having not heard from roughly half of the crew, why is Geordie LaForge so eager to end the day? Why wouldn't we want as much time as possible to get reads on people, seeing as that's all we have.

Vote: Geordie LaForge (KotZ)

Vote: extend the day

Why are we calling Kyle Geordie?

Because I would prefer to keep the day extension for a day when analysis is more important. The extra 24 hours is crucial. We find Day 1 usually is a BS day of people jumping on little things, or we reach a no vote which can hamper or harm the town, although that final point is irrelevant in this specific game, as we must reach a conclusion of a lynch by the end of the day. I would rather vote out a nonvocal player and then use the day extension the next day for more analysis.

And excuse my, my name is Geordie, or can't you read? I can teach you, you know. At least I'm not a Karen.

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

This is a uneducated chioce for multiple reasons. While voting for the Captain or anyone else due to a lack of available information in our current state is acceptable, assuming Q would turn the Captain into the mystery instead of having him solve the mystery would be an improbable assumption in practice.

Just now, KotZ said:

I would rather vote out a nonvocal player

This may not happen with the remaining time we have left if we do not extend. :sceptic:

18 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Because I would prefer to keep the day extension for a day when ...

On 2/20/2020 at 12:26 PM, Bob said:

2) A game day will last for a minimum of 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 24 hours once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. This majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.

I think the "once" in this rule means once per day, not once in the whole game.

Wait a minute, can we extend the day by 24 hours once every day, or once in the whole game? I thought the former but I see how it could go either way.

Just now, Kristel said:

I think the "once" in this rule means once per day, not once in the whole game.

Just now, Fugazi said:

Wait a minute, can we extend the day by 24 hours once every day, or once in the whole game? I thought the former but I see how it could go either way.

I thought it was once the whole game.

6 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Maybe @Bob could clarify?

To clarify, "once" is once a day. You can vote to extend the day every day, but only once a day for a maximum of 72 hours. 

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher/Pandora - 1 (KotZ)
William Riker/LadyK - 1 (Trekkie99)
Jean-Luc Picard/Kristel - 1 (mostlytechnic)
Deanna Troi/Hinckley - 1 (Fugazi)
Geordi LaForge/KotZ - 1 (Hinckley)

Vote to Extend: 
Yes - 2 (Hinckley, Trekkie99)

18 hours and 30 minutes remain in Day One.