Safety

Green Darth Vader

Has anyone seen this version of Darth Vader before? I found him in the first Minifigure Star Destroyer set No 6211. Do you think it is rare or worth any thing? I have never found any information on line about another example

DCS_0292.jpeg

Edited by Safety

Looks to me like either sun damage, fading/discolouring, a misprint or someone has replaced his torso with a knock off/fake lego one. Either way I’d estimate it’s worth about .. nothing at all. I could be wrong of course.

Edited by Rubblemaker

6 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

Looks to me like either sun damage, fading/discolouring

Absolutely no. The green is too even.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

Does it have the authentic Lego seal on the top of the neck? If it is not chemical damage/fake but some Lego made misprint it might actually have some worth. 

Edited by Medzomorak

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The print is definitely from the Vader minifig included in the set:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0004a#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

If the box was sealed...i bet a green torso somehow ended up between the black one and wasn't noticed. Then it's definitely worth something.

I would agree with this. That is pretty unique figure. Has some value to people who collect misprinted pieces. but I can't say for sure.

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Absolutely no. The green is too even.

I have a few dark blue pieces that I got in a bulk buy, they have sun damage on one side, presumably the side that was outward facing on the build they were in. (The owner told me it was sun damage due to the location of the models they had been in) It looks exactly like this torso, evenly discoloured. You’d say that it was the bricks colour if it was the only side you saw. In fact, they’re even green!

1 hour ago, Rubblemaker said:

I have a few dark blue pieces that I got in a bulk buy, they have sun damage on one side, presumably the side that was outward facing on the build they were in. (The owner told me it was sun damage due to the location of the models they had been in) It looks exactly like this torso, evenly discoloured. You’d say that it was the bricks colour if it was the only side you saw. In fact, they’re even green!

The thing that makes me uneasy about that is that it's the only part.  Other than some dust, the rest of the figure and the arms appear completely fine.  I would assume sun damage would cause at least some part of the arms to get faded or discolored.  It'd be a question for @Safety, but if this has been stored in the box or away from the sun, I think it's safe to say it's a misprint.  

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

The thing that makes me uneasy about that is that it's the only part.  Other than some dust, the rest of the figure and the arms appear completely fine.  I would assume sun damage would cause at least some part of the arms to get faded or discolored.  It'd be a question for @Safety, but if this has been stored in the box or away from the sun, I think it's safe to say it's a misprint.  

Unless of course those aren’t the original arms, legs and head that were attached to it. Having said that the paintwork doesn’t look too faded so you might be right.

6 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Even on the sides like this one? And why should black turn into green? And even if it does, why did it happen to only one torso in millions?

EDIT: typos

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

It's all legit. I came out if the box like that. Been meaning to post pictures of it for years.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I am a lego collector and I got this figure straight out of the box from new. When not stored it was kept away from direct sunlight. 

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Even on the sides like this one? And why should black turn into green? And even if it does, why did it happen to only one torso in millions?

EDIT: typos

I have no idea. I am not an expert on Lego sun damage. I'm sure you're right and its probably worth millions ;)

Ha

1 minute ago, Rubblemaker said:

I have no idea. I am not an expert on Lego sun damage. I'm sure you're right and its probably worth millions ;)

It's not sun damage unless it was done in the lego factory.  It came out the box like that.

10 minutes ago, Safety said:

Ha

It's not sun damage unless it was done in the lego factory.  It came out the box like that.

Perhaps he was part of a discontinued line of Vegetarian Darth Vaders. He'd turned to the green side!

1 hour ago, Rubblemaker said:

Looking at other misprints i'd say $10-$25 for sure, but if you'd give him millions...:laugh:

Maybe it was a ugly sweater prototype for the advent calendar :grin:

9 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Looking at other misprints i'd say $10-$25 for sure, but if you'd give him millions...:laugh:

Maybe it was a ugly sweater prototype for the advent calendar :grin:

:tongue:

Lol, I said it might be worth millions... not to me though. Its worth about as much to me as the half chewed Benny my 2 year old spat out yesterday.

4 hours ago, Safety said:

Yes. Tried to originally but I could only get one up

You need an account with flickr or something similar, upload there and link here.

I’m actually a collector of unique misprints, would you be interested in selling this one? If so, I’d be interested in buying it. My email is anakinmartinusen@gmail.com