marvelBoy123

[GBW] - Patrol - Alsarh - Patrolling the beaches

Location: classified - somewhere along Alsarh's western coastline

Alsarh was once a peaceful nation that remained neutral even when conflict erupted in the surrounding nations. However, the last year has tested the will of the Alsarhian people - faced by threats from the Walara Dominance State  and now the global liberation army. We have had our ups and downs, tensions with our neighbours and destruction of our landmarks, yet we have also developed a strong alliance with the great nation of Plighia and managed to settle our differences with Bandaud. But that is the past and this is now...

The Global Liberation Army is a threat to both Alsarh and the whole brick world. We are sharing intelligence collected on the group closely with our allies and neighbours, including Plighia, Bandaud and Nak-Hu. We believe that the insurgents are coming in along the coast with supplies and so we are increasing patrols of the area.

Commander Belon's narrative:

Another morning of patrolling the beaches, the sun is rising and we have already been out for one uneventful hour- but hang on there is something here, a small facility that isn't registered on our map, we'll have to check this one out...

http://49555789861_299d362309_b.jpgGBW - Alsarh - Patrolling the beach by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

http://49556035577_386b35c9f6_c.jpgGBW - Alsarh - Patrolling the beach by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

http://49559848288_f572954040_c.jpgIMG_20200220_084056054-01 by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

Spoiler

Well it is one whole year since I started here - my GBW Birthday!!! I decided to see how I would tackle a similar scene a year on, a landscape with a small structure and a motorbike. I have learned a lot from building in factions including the bunker door technique and canister. I have tried way more new landscaping techniques from classic plates and sloped bricks to the square tile technique and two types of SNOT landscaping. 

Here is the only picture I can find of my original build for comparison:

Unknown-1.jpeg.832186ff0cc82cff75699d0bd0e8ec0a.jpeg

This has been a lot of fun to build and I hope that you enjoy it and as ever I would love your feedback!

Edited by marvelBoy123

You’ve been awarded ( 3 ) points.

Judges’ comments…

The beach texturing here is really awesome! Love the way you came up from the water and might even steal this texturing idea for myself. That said, there isn't a whole lot of other stuff to look at and the pictures were a little fuzzy. Try picking up a light source or using natural outdoor lighting!

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!