Sign in to follow this  
Peter1999

[MOC] Orient Expedition - Red Eagle

Good evening everyone,

When I got the new Johnny Thunder collectible minifigure, I found my old Orient expedition sets. Despite I have only three smaller sets (secret of the tomb, black cruiser and the red eagle), it is one of my favourite themes. I remember that the red eagle was a birthday gift, one of my first own lego sets, and I really loved it. Nowadays Johnny is missing his hat (I have to bricklink that one :laugh:), but rest of the plane is still complete.

Recently I finally had some time to take a look onto stud.io and blender rendering of ldraw files. And here is the result - my first MOC here on eurobricks, rewamp of the mighty Red Eagle!

49553167843_53d7e2b4c6_c.jpg

49553903407_9be70942bb_c.jpg

49553166988_6654139854_c.jpg

49553662841_713a3c1656_z.jpg

I want to point out the quality of display you've made for the Eagle. The little diorama and  the cover design surely took quite some time to work out.

Great efforts there, congrats :) 

I'd love to see more expansions from you for this theme. I remember how much I've wanted to get the Emperor's Palace, sadly I already got the Pharaoh's temple some years before so my parents had declined my humble offer of ceasefire. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks
I work with 3D rendering softwares, so the environment did not take so long, I take it as a practice for realistic renders in blender, which is new to me.

I think that there will be few more, I want to try some building techniques before jumping into Pirates Brethen of the brick seas  :laugh:

I know that feeling, I wanted the Temple of Mount Everest  :wink:

Great work!  Always wished they would re-visit Adventureres (the most recent similar theme was probably Pharoah's Quest, I suppose?) but I don't think it'd have the same appeal and charm of the originals.  I think you absolutely nailed the style of Orient Expedition while bringing the build up to modern standards.  

Edited by Kit Figsto