Rustinidiel

[MOC] Rogue Shadow

49551514621_9c5603a3c3_k.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

hi all,

this is my last work, a commissioned design about the Rogue Shadow starship seen in "The Force Unleashed 2" videogame.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_Shadow

Lego made one original set about the first version of the ship, but the commissioner wanted an original design of the second version of the model.

ofcourse i rescaled the proportion, because the original one is a big ship, instead i made a starfighter with this design.

49551749442_c02ab1d031_h.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

49551016088_72e6f5cfb1_h.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

the wings can be opened for the "flight mode" and closed for landing

49551016528_ad37ee7d12_h.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

the retractable landing gear substain perfectly all the ship weight and in closed mode are totally hidden

49551749682_87947bda0c_h.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

49551749252_a16b640efc_h.jpgRogue_Shadow by Rusty B.

the cockpit can be easly opened through the shape of the "mandibles" and at the back there is a storage space that can fit inside a complete lightsaber and 2 blaster...

more pics on my Flickr

What do you think about this creation?

if someone wants the instructions, contact me in private..

as always, comments, opinions, criticism are very welcome!

with your feedback i can improve my design skills

latest?cb=20131122232031The shape looks good, have you considered to build the front section with SNOT? The reference picture looks very sleek.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

2 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

The shape looks good, have you considered to build the front section with SNOT? The reference picture looks very sleek.

sadly the wedge plate are not snot... and my structure desitn not allow to use more sleek shape...

for make it with snot, all the structure would be changed, making the front more fragile... my design is super solid, perfect for let a kid play with it...

when the commissioner will finish to build the ship i ask to him to give you his personal feedback about the solid structure i've designed

Edited by Rustinidiel

Excellent work, this is such a beautiful MOC and very faithful to the source. You’ve blended the round and cone parts into the hull so well and the shaping is spot on. Well done!

Wow very nice! Especially love your landing gear design! Would you have the part list for it? I can't figure out what the part above the 1x1c lip is? Thanks!

Edited by Valentin Mumble

16 hours ago, Valentin Mumble said:

Wow very nice! Especially love your landing gear design! Would you have the part list for it? I can't figure out what the part above the 1x1c lip is? Thanks!

if i understood what you mean... it is a lightaber hilt

Edited by Rustinidiel

5 hours ago, Valentin Mumble said:

Ahah thanks but I meant the one just below, this one: :wink:

image.png.c7af2f0256e2486aa7c362ebcf027b59.png

sorry, my mistake!

anyway the other user is in right... is simple the "Bar Holder with Handle" 23443

Very nice - especially those large cones making the big curve across the ship, great idea!

I'm currently doing a MOC of the original Rogue Shadow from the first game, but it's a different scale, around 90cm long with a full interior, so I'll post that here when it's ready :) 

The refitted Rogue Shadow is my favorite ship in Star Wars and you absolutely nailed it! Good job!

On 10/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, Phellra said:

The refitted Rogue Shadow is my favorite ship in Star Wars and you absolutely nailed it! Good job!

Thanks a lot for your appreciacion

i've finished the instructions about a modded version of this ship... i named it "Rogue X", is a version with high modified engines and some other details

50446817343_4a36443d91_b.jpgRogue_X by Rusty B.

50447510861_2eeb313df0_b.jpgRogue_X by Rusty B.

50447690957_56c5bd466e_b.jpgRogue_X by Rusty B.

more images on my Flickr

Edited by Rustinidiel

the engines and the wings not touch the ground when the ship is landed... there is always a gap from the ground

another thing i forgot to say, as you can see, in this version the wings can be rotated in vertical position

i not simply added those new details on the old version... i rearranged completelly the structure to can integrate them as a new one project

i hope you guys like this new style