Hi everyone! I want to present you Black Interceptor. 

This Wounded Beast is published in cooperation with Nikolay Gamurar (FX6000/NikolayFX) and Mikhail Biktimirov.

The Last of the V8 Interceptors, also known as a "Pursuit Special", is driven by Maxwell "Mad Max" Rockatansky at the end of Mad Max and for the first half of Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. It is based on an Australian built 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Hardtop, which was heavily modified to become a police interceptor by the Main Force Patrol.  

The third and the shortest appearance of the car was in Mad Max: Fury Road which was the inspiration for the Lego version of the legend.

At first, Mikhail introduced it on social media vk.com for the LEGENDARY CARS FROM LEGENDARY MOVIES contest in the independent community "AHD Motors" Russia.

I immediately fell in love in this creation and decided to modify it to better match the third version from Fury Road with the help of Mikhail.

We have spent a lot of time: Mikhail on the design and me on modifications of the model and creation of the instructions. Hope you will enjoy the build and the actual model. 

Building instructions consist of 222 pages with highly detailed 412 steps. Thank you for your support and likes!

LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)LEGO Black Interceptor (Original Design by Mikhail Biktimirov)

LEGO Black Interceptor - Technical Details

LEGO Black Interceptor - a story behind

Instructions available here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-35846/NikolayFX/black-interceptor/#comments

Edited by FX6000
Photo placement

Fantastic cooperation, really well replicated, packed with awesome details! :thumbup:

The left rear tire is to be corrected in the part list though, I think it is 6594:wink: 

Great rendition of the interceptor. Perfect timing to show it against our own proposed mad max world vehicles 

Perfect V8 Interceptor interpretation. So far the best model. I suggest you to enter Mad Max competition, but @Jim is here to judge. Anyway if you decide to enter you have my vote.

Just now, I_Igor said:

Perfect V8 Interceptor interpretation. So far the best model. I suggest you to enter Mad Max competition, but @Jim is here to judge. Anyway if you decide to enter you have my vote.

It’s a pure copy of the film car. Amazing that it is I can’t see how this would be valid as a competition entry.

18 minutes ago, Seasider said:

It’s a pure copy of the film car. Amazing that it is I can’t see how this would be valid as a competition entry.

You are right but it is such wonderful build

Wow! I didn't even see that it was a Lego car in the first picture!

This is a truly amazing model! It really captures the original in all aspects.

Somehow the simple shape is broken up just enough to make it seem a lot more flowing than it really is. That is impressive design work.

-ED-

PS: From the thread name it doesn't seem to be a contest entry...

Excellent replica! I love the functionality and all the details you incorporated.:wub: Well done:thumbup:

Hi everyone! The amazing result of the collaboration of two cool Lego builders and cool guys! 
I am the creator of the independent AHD Motors Russia community.
Recently, my friends and I organized the LEGENDARY CARS FROM LEGENDARY MOVIES contest.
Twenty people from different cities and countries took a part:
Mlada Boleslav (Czech Republic), Frankfurt (Germany), Utena (Lithuania), Nahariya (Israel),
Minsk (Belarus), Tyumen , Orenburg, Cheboksary, Ryazan, Novosibirsk, Chelyabinsk, Novoaleksandrovsk,
Belgorod, Kemerovo, St. Petersburg, Tver, Moscow (Russia)! Thanks to all the participants!

Next, I will introduce you the models of the participants - they are all very cool and deserve your attention!

Edited by Silvavasil

2 hours ago, Clawp said:

Awesome MOC. so many details in such a small scale

Thank you! True, the baggage section is full of details:)

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Fantastic cooperation, really well replicated, packed with awesome details! :thumbup:

The left rear tire is to be corrected in the part list though, I think it is 6594:wink: 

Thank you! The tire is in the part list, there are 5 tires in total. Narrow tire should be placed inside the tire you mentioned.

Thank you for your comments! Unfortunately this MOC can not be the entry for Mad Max contest because of this rule:  "Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting)" The first appearance of the car was in vk.com/ahdmotors, though the car was a bit different.

1 hour ago, Nazgarot said:

Wow! I didn't even see that it was a Lego car in the first picture!

This is a truly amazing model! It really captures the original in all aspects.

Somehow the simple shape is broken up just enough to make it seem a lot more flowing than it really is. That is impressive design work.

-ED-

PS: From the thread name it doesn't seem to be a contest entry...

Thanks! Mikhail has done great job to capture all the main details of this car and I tried my best to replicate Interceptor from Fury Road 

59 minutes ago, T Lego said:

Excellent replica! I love the functionality and all the details you incorporated.:wub: Well done:thumbup:

Thank you! It's pretty fast if buwizz powered:)  

33 minutes ago, Silvavasil said:

Hi everyone! The amazing result of the collaboration of two cool Lego builders and cool guys! 
I am the creator of the independent AHD Motors Russia community.
Recently, my friends and I organized the LEGENDARY CARS FROM LEGENDARY MOVIES contest.
Twenty people from different cities and countries took a part:
Mlada Boleslav (Czech Republic), Frankfurt (Germany), Utena (Lithuania), Nahariya (Israel),
Minsk (Belarus), Tyumen , Orenburg, Cheboksary, Ryazan, Novosibirsk, Chelyabinsk, Novoaleksandrovsk,
Belgorod, Kemerovo, St. Petersburg, Tver, Moscow (Russia)! Thanks to all the participants!

Next, I will introduce you the models of the participants - they are all very cool and deserve your attention!

Thank you Vasiliy! 

This is top class! Brillant job guys! 

A shame it can't take part in TC17 because of a stupid broken headlight.. "No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.:tongue:

Jokes apart, okay it has been presented before and so you're out of the little challenge we happen to have here and now.. But this is by far my absolute favourite rendition of a Mad Max vehicule I've ever seen, anywhere. Kudos ! 

3 hours ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

This is top class! Brillant job guys! 

A shame it can't take part in TC17 because of a stupid broken headlight.. "No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.:tongue:

Jokes apart, okay it has been presented before and so you're out of the little challenge we happen to have here and now.. But this is by far my absolute favourite rendition of a Mad Max vehicule I've ever seen, anywhere. Kudos ! 

Many thanks! Yep, this is the second rule why the model does not fit for the contest. In the instructions all the parts are ideal:) From Technic series I also could not find any better Interceptor:) 

2 hours ago, Samolot said:

Great model

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Put it on ideas, so everybody can buy it.

you can buy instructions right now, but if I put it on ideas they will never produce it (technic sets have never won on ideas) and also I wouldn't have the rights to publish instructions for 3 years because of there agreement. Plus, Lego can have all the rights on the design without mentioned the author like it happened with Creator Fiat 500  

16 hours ago, FX6000 said:

Thank you! The tire is in the part list, there are 5 tires in total. Narrow tire should be placed inside the tire you mentioned.

Oh, me stupid... how I did not notice that tire, literally beside the others. My brain is just too oldschool, I see 4 wheels, I look for 4 tires only... btw, how much is the 30699 stretched on the wheel, could You share a picture please?

Edited by agrof

3 hours ago, FX6000 said:

technic sets have never won on ideas

This could be first, at least it should reach best 10. And, if they are now cooperating with F&F, then why not this.

To continue offtopic - maybe not, as they didn't approved my ktm xbow, they were copmlaining, that pictures are somehow incorrect. Maybe at first was, then I corrected totally acording to rules, asked, what exactly was worng. There was no explanations, they just continued to wirte, that pictures are incorrect, without better explanation.

5 hours ago, FX6000 said:

you can buy instructions right now, but if I put it on ideas they will never produce it (technic sets have never won on ideas) and also I wouldn't have the rights to publish instructions for 3 years because of there agreement. Plus, Lego can have all the rights on the design without mentioned the author like it happened with Creator Fiat 500  

Plus to that, it must come as "untitled wasteland car", as the ideas platform suits only non-branded non-related to any IP or franchise things. So, "Mad Max" won't work here. One more reason not to put it on ideas (because pointless)...

@FX6000 and Nikolay Gamurar and Mikhail Biktimirov:

That's a cool car you designed and modified and a great replica of the "real" car. Will one of you maybe produce a small video showing it drive? That'd be nice. Or is there already a video up for the original model?

15 hours ago, FX6000 said:

Thank you! The tire is in the part list, there are 5 tires in total. Narrow tire should be placed inside the tire you mentioned

Didn't notice that at first. That's a cool idea! It allows to use modern rims with the cool old tyres.

Apart from using different width tyres at the rear, did you notice any strange behavior when driving the car around? Is the combination of a modern 56145 rim with modern narrow 30699 tyre and old wide 6594 tyre stable enough for "hard" driving? I plan to use that combination on my Turbo Racers line of vehicles and those are pretty fast and powerful.

Another question: The 15413 tyre at the rear (right side) looks interestingly mounted to the rim. I mean from the pictures it looks like the flanks are inclined towards the rim. Hot did you get that effect, as usually the flanks are vertical (90° angled) to the ground and parallel to the flanks on the other side?

2020-02-17_101430.jpg.043b6817118525511917a7af0b24d59d.jpg

7 hours ago, agrof said:

Oh, me stupid... how I did not notice that tire, literally beside the others. My brain is just too oldschool, I see 4 wheels, I look for 4 tires only... btw, how much is the 30699 stretched on the wheel, could You share a picture please?

3 hours ago, johnnym said:

@FX6000 and Nikolay Gamurar and Mikhail Biktimirov:

That's a cool car you designed and modified and a great replica of the "real" car. Will one of you maybe produce a small video showing it drive? That'd be nice. Or is there already a video up for the original model?

Didn't notice that at first. That's a cool idea! It allows to use modern rims with the cool old tyres.

Apart from using different width tyres at the rear, did you notice any strange behavior when driving the car around? Is the combination of a modern 56145 rim with modern narrow 30699 tyre and old wide 6594 tyre stable enough for "hard" driving? I plan to use that combination on my Turbo Racers line of vehicles and those are pretty fast and powerful.

Another question: The 15413 tyre at the rear (right side) looks interestingly mounted to the rim. I mean from the pictures it looks like the flanks are inclined towards the rim. Hot did you get that effect, as usually the flanks are vertical (90° angled) to the ground and parallel to the flanks on the other side?

Thank you! Not sure about a video, prefer photography:) It's stable enough for a static model:))) Tires holds quite well on my model but you need to try. Modern narrow tire (30699) is inside of old wide tire (6594) for stability and it's not stretched. To get interestingly mounted effect just don't mount the tire on one side.  I explained all this in the instructions, here is the picture from it: (sorry for the quality it's because of max size limitation) 

6 hours ago, Jurss said:

This could be first, at least it should reach best 10. And, if they are now cooperating with F&F, then why not this.

To continue offtopic - maybe not, as they didn't approved my ktm xbow, they were copmlaining, that pictures are somehow incorrect. Maybe at first was, then I corrected totally acording to rules, asked, what exactly was worng. There was no explanations, they just continued to wirte, that pictures are incorrect, without better explanation.

4 hours ago, Void_S said:

Plus to that, it must come as "untitled wasteland car", as the ideas platform suits only non-branded non-related to any IP or franchise things. So, "Mad Max" won't work here. One more reason not to put it on ideas (because pointless)...

No, just no for Ideas:) 

Edited by FX6000
Attachment

On 2/17/2020 at 12:32 AM, Seasider said:

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of your group created

Soon I will prepare a separate post about the AHD Motors community, the contest Legendary Cars from Legendary Movies
and the amazing work of the participants. Nice to meet you all at Eurobricks!

Edited by Silvavasil